• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Got the watch as advertised but I didn't do my own due dilagence

Jupiter Jorge

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/3/17
I have made the mistake of purchasing a Rolex presidential day date from boss7. His advert displayed "Swiss ETA movement" and being a "trusted dealer" which I found reasonable, the cost of the watch £250 pounds plus £15 pounds shipping totalling £265 pounds. After little negotiaton boss7 agreed to a full and final £235 pounds shipped.

Today I received the watch and immediately spotted how cheap the watch is. It's a 48 month old watch as light as an empty bag of crisp. I disliked the watch from the moment I saw it. It certainly didn't look any similar to the pictures. For some reason after I purchased the watch boss7 changed the advert from Swiss ETA to Asian automatic, this happened after I paid and I didn't notice this before so I felt mislead and cheated.

I contacted boss7 immediately and displayed how unhappy and unsatisfied I was. He responded "I am sad for you" and "you got what you paid". I certainly feel that a £250 pounds replica should be , if not the best but at least in reasonable standard.

I offered him to either refund me £50 pounds as I believe £180 is the right price for a cheapy Asian movement or that I will return the watch in exchange of my full refund. He declined both of my offers. He ended up saying "I will donate the £50 pounds to a charity" and some time after he sent me a picture of a Vegan Charity organisation I the US and said to me "I have refunded the money back to you in form of a charity donation".

Now boss7 left me out of pocket £235 pounds, anyone could advise me if there is something we could do so this person doesn't take advantage of somebody else ?

His name as in the bank transfer edited by mod

Thanks for reading and hope you can help me.

Sent from the RWI App

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Sorry you got scammed mate. Who is this boss7 and where did you find him? Certainly not here?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

D

d4m.test

Maybe you try Help Desk , top off the page ..

D

d4m.test

Whoever this scam merchant is, he isn't a trusted dealer here. Take it on the chin because you will never get your money back. Stick to the trusted dealers in the "Trusted Dealers" list and then if you have a problem you will be helped with it.

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
Whoever this scam merchant is, he isn't a trusted dealer here. Take it on the chin because you will never get your money back. Stick to the trusted dealers in the "Trusted Dealers" list and then if you have a problem you will be helped with it.
I partly agree, M2M is also, when rules are followed, controlled by our Mods.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
I have made the mistake of purchasing a Rolex presidential day date from boss7. His advert displayed "Swiss ETA movement" and being a "trusted dealer" which I found reasonable, the cost of the watch £250 pounds plus £15 pounds shipping totalling £265 pounds. After little negotiaton boss7 agreed to a full and final £235 pounds shipped.

Today I received the watch and immediately spotted how cheap the watch is. It's a 48 month old watch as light as an empty bag of crisp. I disliked the watch from the moment I saw it. It certainly didn't look any similar to the pictures. For some reason after I purchased the watch boss7 changed the advert from Swiss ETA to Asian automatic, this happened after I paid and I didn't notice this before so I felt mislead and cheated.

I contacted boss7 immediately and displayed how unhappy and unsatisfied I was. He responded "I am sad for you" and "you got what you paid". I certainly feel that a £250 pounds replica should be , if not the best but at least in reasonable standard.

I offered him to either refund me £50 pounds as I believe £180 is the right price for a cheapy Asian movement or that I will return the watch in exchange of my full refund. He declined both of my offers. He ended up saying "I will donate the £50 pounds to a charity" and some time after he sent me a picture of a Vegan Charity organisation I the US and said to me "I have refunded the money back to you in form of a charity donation".

Now boss7 left me out of pocket £235 pounds, anyone could advise me if there is something we could do so this person doesn't take advantage of somebody else ?

His name as in the bank transfer edited by mod

Thanks for reading and hope you can help me.

Sent from the RWI App
Couple of things here

1st seller could NOT change the sale as non staff CANNOT edit a sales posting. Nice try OP but you are flat out lying about this
2nd without approval from staff DO NOT POST personal details about a member. I have edited that out.
3rd the CORRECT course of action would of been opening a help desk ticket NOT a thread spewing false claims.
4th nowhere in the sale did the OP mention the word swiss

sent from Samsung S8 plus franken

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16
OP... you got buyers remorse huh??

Sorry, but lying about the sale isn’t going to make you any friends here. Sellers CAN NOT change or edit a sale post, only mods can do that, like Jason said.

Good luck and shop smarter in the future.

D

d4m.test

I'd be pretty fucked off I'd bought that monstrosity too though, lol.

domiffm

buffalo is sick
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
It certainly didn't look any similar to the pictures

So you say it’s not that watch from the salesthread.. Pics?

You know the difference between a TD (professional and „commercial“ dealer) and a member sale?

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Really gives me no faith in the buyer here since his 1st claim is a complete and utter lie.

sent from Samsung S8 plus franken

Jupiter Jorge

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/3/17