• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Got my V3 Noob 116500LN Today. Mixed Feelings.

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
Do you have any pictures of this? It is extremely difficult to swap the manufactured endlinks without causing any damage. The link is a very simple construction but machine made and pressed together and this is irreversible. So very difficult to do if you want to avoid any damage, would love to see the work in process.

I saw a detailed guide with instructions and pictures to remove and put back the permanent links for the oyster bracelet somewhere but I can't find it right now. With the right specialty tool it can be done.

Here is 2 videos I found on YouTube of the process

Removing the permanent link

Putting it back together

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
I saw a detailed guide with instructions and pictures to remove and put back the permanent links for the oyster bracelet somewhere but I can't find it right now. With the right specialty tool it can be done.

Here is 2 videos I found on YouTube of the process

Removing the permanent link

Putting it back together

Yes mate, I’ve been doing this for a little while. The pins need to be replaced after removing

1a6ea22440b3ab228ce6fa1d809fba79.jpg

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
I didn't realize I quoted red1 LOL

Of course you already know how to do it then :thumbup:

So you have put the Noob SEL on the full ARF bracelet? I haven't read about many on this forum doing that mod. Most only replace the removable links and clasp between the 2 bracelets.

Last edited:

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe
So it’s been a while and I have to say the watch has grown on me. In fact this is the only watch I have been wearing over the last two months (despite having 8 other nice pieces).

After replacing the crystal gasket recently the rehaut depth issue is finally gone. The ARF dial never made it so I am still with a stock v3 noob dial but it is fine. Maybe a V4 will fix the slight lesser print quality.

Hi, did you use a gen gasket or arf gasket for this mod?

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Yes mate, I’ve been doing this for a little while. The pins need to be replaced after removing

And some light buffing when done. I can't get the link stay shine after the clamp. Not strong enough if used with a wooden block. Or at least I can't find a stronger wood :confused:

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
And some light buffing when done. I can't get the link stay shine after the clamp. Not strong enough if used with a wooden block. Or at least I can't find a stronger wood :confused:

I put a few layers of tape on or use dial dots to stick small pieces of a glasses cloth cut to the size of the link.