• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Golf balls

Deeje

Renowned Member
28/3/14
Just a question for my fellow golfers on here. What balls do you guys like best? I had played the ProV1x for a long time. A former teammate of mine introduced me to the Taylormade balls and I fell in love with the Lethal and they stopped making it. Then I went to the TourPreferredx. I, for some reason, prefer over the Titleist now. Idk why but I like the feel all around, off the tee, approach shots, chips, and feel on the green.

Is there anything else recommended for a lowish single digit handicap I may want to try? I tried one of the callaway sr balls but hated it. Just curious as to your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
I like softer balls. I play the Wilson dx3. I also love the looks/dimple design of those.
Maybe you played the wrong callaway sr. They have 3 different ones for 3 different swing speeds.
I tried the sr2. They weren't that bad but not my cup of tea too.

I find the proV1 too expensive although I don't loose too many balls nowadays ;)

Deeje

Renowned Member
28/3/14
Yeah I tried the faster swing speed and one in the middle. Just didn't do it for me. I got lucky with the lethals at one point. Bought 6 dozen on eBay and they lasted for a while, now have a lot for my shag bag.

droptopman

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/14
I play the ProVx but won a dozen srixon z stars last year and thought they were excellent. Tried their x version and liked them as well. I received a prototype titleist ProVx last fall and think this will be their best ball to date. Lower flight and a touch softer--more like a regular prov or maybe in the middle of the v and the x. The responses from the test group were very favorable and from what I read that will be the model they sell for 2015. Might want to give them a try again.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Deeje

Renowned Member
28/3/14
I play the ProVx but won a dozen srixon z stars last year and thought they were excellent. Tried their x version and liked them as well. I received a prototype titleist ProVx last fall and think this will be their best ball to date. Lower flight and a touch softer--more like a regular prov or maybe in the middle of the v and the x. The responses from the test group were very favorable and from what I read that will be the model they sell for 2015. Might want to give them a try again.

Is that the X that they just released? I'm not sure if I've picked any of those up or not. The black or regular prov1 spins way too much for me. I can't hardly control it and am screwed when it comes to pins tucked all the way back.

Blacksteel

9/1/14
I played the Pro V1 for a while and changed to the Srixon Z-Star, which I really loved. As my swing got better, I got more clubheadspeed and the thing was, that I had so much spin in my short irons, that often the ball spins from the green. I changed to the TaylorMade Penta TP, which is my ball now for the last two seasons.
Spin Control, soft around the greens and really good length off the tee.

blue7red3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/2/14
Love ProV1x but it's hard to drop that much dough on golf balls. I think Callaway Chrome+ were awesome for a fraction of thr ProVs. They tested really well in independent studies.

droptopman

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/14
Is that the X that they just released? I'm not sure if I've picked any of those up or not. The black or regular prov1 spins way too much for me. I can't hardly control it and am screwed when it comes to pins tucked all the way back.

Sorry missed this. Yes they are out now. Great ball. Best one yet.

Deeje

Renowned Member
28/3/14
I played the Pro V1 for a while and changed to the Srixon Z-Star, which I really loved. As my swing got better, I got more clubheadspeed and the thing was, that I had so much spin in my short irons, that often the ball spins from the green. I changed to the TaylorMade Penta TP, which is my ball now for the last two seasons.
Spin Control, soft around the greens and really good length off the tee.

The penta ball used to be the ball before the lethal then tour preferred I think. I wonder if it's the same ball. I may give it a try. Thanks.

Deeje

Renowned Member
28/3/14
Sorry missed this. Yes they are out now. Great ball. Best one yet.

I saw them at Dicks this week. Didn't pick any up as I have 2-3 dozen of prior model in my trunk. I'll definitely give it a go.

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
I play the Pro V1x and sometimes the titleist velocity

Sent from my iPad Air 2

Apbode

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/14
I love the Bridgestone Tour B330 line. They are pretty proud of it price-wise but they have the S RX ans RXS depending on what you are looking for (spin vs. distance) and what your swing speed is. The RX ans RXS are designed for 105 mph and below.