• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Godfathar's Advice On Which Is The Best Nautilus Out There

Major Tom

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/7/15
Well done guys, looks really good!

Back to the best 5711 blue out there I decided to skip the PPF v2. The dial color is very close and I like it but what´s bugging me are the different lume colors between hands/indices, and the fat bezel, I think they just got the angle of the polished sides wrong i.e. too steep, should be more flat. Compared to gen it just looks to squarish if that makes sense. I could live with the protruded crown, i.e. possibly find a way to shorten. I think it´s not too much to ask for those issues to be right especially for 500 bucks. I wait for next version/improvements.

In the meantime my $$ may go to the Explorer 1 ARF, or the perpetual, which seems really good.

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
Well done guys, looks really good!

Back to the best 5711 blue out there I decided to skip the PPF v2. The dial color is very close and I like it but what´s bugging me are the different lume colors between hands/indices, and the fat bezel, I think they just got the angle of the polished sides wrong i.e. too steep, should be more flat. Compared to gen it just looks to squarish if that makes sense. I could live with the protruded crown, i.e. possibly find a way to shorten. I think it´s not too much to ask for those issues to be right especially for 500 bucks. I wait for next version/improvements.

In the meantime my $$ may go to the Explorer 1 ARF, or the perpetual, which seems really good.

Looking at this: https://puretimewatch.io/nautilus-5...d-dial-on-ss-bracelet-324cs-free-box-v2.html# I really cannot see any difference on the v1 regarding the fat bezel you mention. Both seem to be the same to me. The dial on the the PPF V2 appears to be closer to the real though.

I have the 5711 BP V2 (blue dial) for 2-3 years now, however from the first moment I got that watch on my wrist I hated the fact that pulls hair all the time from my wrist. Now I simply avoid to wear this watch because of this fact.

How is the PPF v1 and v2 are doing in this area, do they still have such tight links that pull hair like the BP v2?

Major Tom

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/7/15
Looking at this: https://puretimewatch.io/nautilus-5...d-dial-on-ss-bracelet-324cs-free-box-v2.html# I really cannot see any difference on the v1 regarding the fat bezel you mention. Both seem to be the same to me. The dial on the the PPF V2 appears to be closer to the real though.

I have the 5711 BP V2 (blue dial) for 2-3 years now, however from the first moment I got that watch on my wrist I hated the fact that pulls hair all the time from my wrist. Now I simply avoid to wear this watch because of this fact.

How is the PPF v1 and v2 are doing in this area, do they still have such tight links that pull hair like the BP v2?

5980 same thing, pulling hair, usually shaved inside of my wrist before wearing. Others have to answer that ref the new versions. Once the fat bezel has been seen it can´t be unseen but that´s just me. Otherwise a really good rep and if it was 100-150$ less I would most likely get it, not for 500 though.

Gen pic where you can clearly see the flatter angle of the polished side of the bezel giving it a more softer appeal. The flatter angle + a bit wider in measurement results in the smaller width of the brushed top bezel.

pp5711.png

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

There is no difference regarding the bezel between v1 and V2. The only difference is the dial colour

Reactions: Glaude

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
A quick update to the Forum.
The franken Patek Philippe 5711 RG from PF factory just came back to me from my modder.

The work is excellent and the result is unbelievable! It feels like I bought a new (gen) watch :D

5m9IF.jpg

For now it sits nicely in its case
5mndt.jpg

Many thanks once more to Godfathar and to my genius modder!

I am going to post some more pictures during the weekend to show the before and after.

Last edited:

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
chenakos man, that looks absolute Amazing. I can feel your enthusiasm. Wear her in good health my friend.

Thank you stanevo6 :D
The watch is nowhere near to what it used to be before. The dial makes a real difference and thinking back when I bought the dial... it totally worths it! (my personal opinion)

As it stands, currently this watch is the most expensive in my collection including other non-rep watches.

I am wondering if I walk into a Patek store wearing this, will they realise if that's not a gen one?
That's a challenge (more for the Patek-store guys) :p

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
If I remember correct, one of the RWI rules states that it is not allowed to go to a AD with a rep on the wrist. hahahaha

But man, what a watch and what a dial. Again Amazing!!!!!

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
If I remember correct, one of the RWI rules states that it is not allowed to go to a AD with a rep on the wrist. hahahaha

But man, what a watch and what a dial. Again Amazing!!!!!

Hahahah!
What's the worst that's gonna happen! :p

At least I will know they can tell if that's a rep..

Reactions: stanevo6

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
Btw, going back to the PPF Blue Nautilus V1/V2, does anyone have an experience whether their bracelets have tight links?
In other words do their bracelets pull hair off the wrist?

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Btw, going back to the PPF Blue Nautilus V1/V2, does anyone have an experience whether their bracelets have tight links?
In other words do their bracelets pull hair off the wrist?

I had a white v1 and it was comfy to wear.

ArcAngelRay

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/18
Asia
A quick update to the Forum.
The franken Patek Philippe 5711 RG from PF factory just came back to me from my modder.

The work is excellent and the result is unbelievable! It feels like I bought a new (gen) watch :D

5m9IF.jpg

For now it sits nicely in its case
5mndt.jpg

Many thanks once more to Godfathar and to my genius modder!

I am going to post some more pictures during the weekend to show the before and after.

Wow look awesome and by a great modder! Wear it with good health! Envy!

Reactions: chenakos