• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Godfathar's Advice On Which Is The Best Nautilus Out There

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
So, I am considering getting my first Patek, need advise on which, in your opinion, is THE ONE to get, this Nautilus 5711/1A 3KF 1:1 Best Edition White Textured Dial on SS Bracelet A324 Super Clone V2 ......OR PPF??? I know nothinf about PP reps....or gens for that matter.....looking for the equivalent of a VSF/Clean Submariner in terms of gen like design and quality. Any guidance much appreciated.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
So, I am considering getting my first Patek, need advise on which, in your opinion, is THE ONE to get, this Nautilus 5711/1A 3KF 1:1 Best Edition White Textured Dial on SS Bracelet A324 Super Clone V2 ......OR PPF??? I know nothinf about PP reps....or gens for that matter.....looking for the equivalent of a VSF/Clean Submariner in terms of gen like design and quality. Any guidance much appreciated.

Welcome to the rabbit hole. It all depends what your willing to live with and your budget. The best possible is a hybrid build wit a 3kf movement, ppf case and bracelet and a PF bezel. The dial is tricky and it comes down to how you see it. The white ppf is the best out of the box if you want one. But really everything comes down to what you can live with.

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
Welcome to the rabbit hole. It all depends what your willing to live with and your budget. The best possible is a hybrid build wit a 3kf movement, ppf case and bracelet and a PF bezel. The dial is tricky and it comes down to how you see it. The white ppf is the best out of the box if you want one. But really everything comes down to what you can live with.

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for, feedback wise......many thanks.

Azelaya74

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/2/23
Honduras
I just moved over to Patek from RM forums and eventually developed a buy list and all of these except the PPF V4 5711. But I was surprised the more I looked at the 5712 and 5726, the more I feel it needs to be in my collection. However if I had to chose between 5712 vs 5726, i would go with the 5712 due to the thinness. However the 5726 is more functional... tough call.
I was in the same situation but there's no availability of the PPF V2 5712, so I made the decision to order the PPF 5726 with my dealer. It has a very good price and he sells the complete set with box and papers.

Azelaya74

6/2/23
Honduras
I just moved over to Patek from RM forums and eventually developed a buy list and all of these except the PPF V4 5711. But I was surprised the more I looked at the 5712 and 5726, the more I feel it needs to be in my collection. However if I had to chose between 5712 vs 5726, i would go with the 5712 due to the thinness. However the 5726 is more functional... tough call.
I was in the same situation but there's no availability of the PPF V2 5712, so I made the decision to order the PPF 5726 with my dealer. It has a very good price and he sells the complete set with box and papers.

Reactions: Nauticast4r

Nauticast4r

Horology Curious
2/3/23
skid rode

None of our td here had them in stock?

W8tchLover

12/12/23
Man I have gone down the rabbit hole in the blast couple of days.

I am shocked no one has been able to get a version that matches the main characteristics of the Gen.

Getting the mechanism cloned is a great achievement but then Getting the dial wrong is a big miss.

Getting the dial right and messing up another main feature is another big miss in my book.

5712 - movement is high risk at present so out for me
5711 - requires heavy modding and even then the dial isn't quite right
Daytonas - these may be the better option as the movements seem to be good and are not even visible.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
My advise regarding the blue 5711 dial:

Buy gen if you can. If you cannot then buy Buff v3. If you don't like Buff then buy APRO. 🤣 And yes, Daytona is a must have fot chrono lovers.

Reactions: KGZ and W8tchLover

W8tchLover

12/12/23
My advise regarding the blue 5711 dial:

Buy gen if you can. If you cannot then buy Buff v3. If you don't like Buff then buy APRO. 🤣 And yes, Daytona is a must have fot chrono lovers.
Where is the best place to buy the Buff dials? I want the green.

Also does the black 5167 need a buff dial pls?

Thanks

W8tchLover

12/12/23
Where is the best place to buy the Buff dials? I want the green.

Also does the black 5167 need a buff dial pls?

Thanks
Apologies, to clarify I want to buy two aquanauts, a green 5178 and a black 5167 to accompany a nautilus 5711

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Apologies, to clarify I want to buy two aquanauts, a green 5178 and a black 5167 to accompany a nautilus 5711
To answer you before getting back on track with this thread: ask a TD if he can source buff parts. Most of them were abled to do so (Trusty, ctime etc.)

If that leads nowhere - its off to the shady WeChat sellers and the gambling ;-)