• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMT-II Pepsi insert comparison of Gen MK2, Clean V2, Clean V2s, Xing V5

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Well with the platinum color peeling on the V2s, the only option atm would be the V2. Why would anyone get anything else? :)

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I will get the v2s for sure. Simply like it darker. The X10 zoom pictures on the platinum color doesn't bother be as long as it's reasonable "peeling"

Compared to Xing insert (like people seem to like) V2s appears to have better filling anyway

Last edited:
Reactions: CTime

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
This is truly an excellent comparison, thank you!

@CTime im a bit confused about the v2/v2s specifically regarding Clean’s watches, because here we see a Clean with the V2S.

Will there be an option to get a Pepsi with V2S from Clean? Or is the v2s only on the C+ and must be purchased through them? Or can you simply source a v2s separately?

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden

@CTime im a bit confused about the v2/v2s specifically regarding Clean’s watches, because here we see a Clean with the V2S.

Will there be an option to get a Pepsi with V2S from Clean? Or is the v2s only on the C+ and must be purchased through them? Or can you simply source a v2s separately?
I will just get V2, it's a bit cheaper and overall the easiest for us(stock wise)

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Right now you cant get either unless TD has it in stock. CF and C+ appears to supplying issues at the moment.

engbanna1

Gens are replicas of first prototypes
29/5/23
KSA

Gen VS. Clean V2

Color score: 0 point - It is slightly lighter, color off: 20%.

UV light score: 1 point - It turned red and glowed, brightness: 40%.

Engraving texture score: 1 point - Basically the same.

6/18 transition score: 1point - Beautiful and clean.

Subtotal: 3 points

Gen VS. Clean V2s

Color score: -0.5 point - It is a bit darker color off: 40%.

UV light score: 1.5 point - It turned red and had a strong glow, brightness: 80%.

Engraving texture score: -1 point - The texture is different on the red and blue part due to the different rigidity, it also caused some peeling off of the fillings. The flaws are not visible with bare eyes and Clean may fix it after first batch.

6/18 transition score: 1 point - Beautiful and clean.

Subtotal: 2 points.

Gen VS. Xing V5

Color score: 0 point - It is slightly pinkish, color off: 20%.

UV light score: 1 point - It turned red and glowed, brightness: 40%.

Engraving texture score: 1 point - It’s a bit rough.

6/18 transition score: -1 point - The color transition is okay, but the fillings on them are thick and uneven.

Subtotal: 1 point.
@CTime when Summing up the points for each insert I get 4 points for V2s and 3 points for Xing V5, is that a typo?

And thanks heaps for the amazing comparison I really appreciate your attention to details and how you endeavour to educate the community here. Really hat off.

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China

Clean has a more expensive version for V2S, you can get spear bezel insert from us,but it's not available now, out of stock.

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Hey guys, I have a 2021 CF gmt, would love to change the bezel for the newest V2 from clean, is it hard to change a bezel by yourself? Also can we buy the bezel only from a td?
The bezel insert could break if you use wrong tools, but overall not a complicated treatment.
We can also get spear insert.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Interesting that the v2s is more expensive. One would believe it would have the same price as v2. So the v2 is the "budget option" from Clean now:LOL:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Li (Jtime) just had a chat with the factory, and they have confirmed that the watches he is getting is with the v2 :)

So my QC from a couple of days ago, is with a V2

v1 on the right

Reactions: big_polarbear

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Li (Jtime) just had a chat with the factory, and they have confirmed that the watches he is getting is with the v2 :)

So my QC from a couple of days ago, is with a V2

v1 on the right

On this you can really see how horrendous V1 is 😣

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia

just watched a YT video, apparently CF comes with v2, if you want v2s there will be additional RMB 300
C+ on other hand comes with v2s