• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMT-II Pepsi insert comparison of Gen MK2, Clean V2, Clean V2s, Xing V5

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Brilliant review @CTime. I especially liked seeing the laser machine from the supplier who does the engraving on the bezel insert -- the difference in setups can make a big difference between the outcomes of the parts. Understanding the differences in how these parts are made helps us all grow our knowledge and become better rep buyers!

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
@CTime does it again!
Excellent photos and review. Such a delight to see these beautifully repped BLRO inserts that are available to us all without silly AD games, make believe waiting lists, and for a fraction of gen price.

Last edited:
Reactions: CTime and TESLA760

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Trying to bump what I wrote earlier. You show v2 (brighter) and v2s (darker) on CF. What insert would you get if you order a CF-watch today (v2s?) or do you need to specify that? @CTime

Reactions: 2841 and FenixW

botsyboy

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Good question. I too was wondering that. Waiting for qc from jtime and thinking what will they show and need to show to be the right one. 6V6 serial I’m assuming but which insert ??

botsyboy

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
That doesn’t bother me really. Would prefer V2 insert which this looks to be so I’ll green light.

Holy0ne

Known Member
27/6/21
Y2L3 or L6V6 - either way the font is not correct in both case
I have witnessed the same font in almost all models of Clean nowadays. I have the first batch of 124060 Submariner. and the font is the same font as gen. But in the last batch of STEEL INOX, the serial number font is always the same. Do you have any idea why he is doing this? The serial number can change, that makes sense, but I have a hard time understanding why the font changes.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
I have witnessed the same font in almost all models of Clean nowadays. I have the first batch of 124060 Submariner. and the font is the same font as gen. But in the last batch of STEEL INOX, the serial number font is always the same. Do you have any idea why he is doing this? The serial number can change, that makes sense, but I have a hard time understanding why the font changes.
Either:

1) different suppliers for the 124060 and the 126710 casesets (after all, the specs and requirements are totally different),

2) they want an excuse to sell you the next upgraded version of the watch, or

a combination of the two points above.

Reactions: wubsub

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This part is unfortunate:

V2S - "Engraving texture: okay - The texture is different on the red and blue part due to the different rigidity, it also caused some peeling off of the fillings. The flaws are not visible with bare eyes and Clean may fix it after first batch."

Hl1NbF.jpeg

Hl1fUt.jpeg

One step forward, one step back.

oberblender

Certified
20/4/08
Great work, another amazing comparison! Thank you very much for the effort and these great insights. It really helps us a lot. :)

Reactions: CTime

Mendi2412

Do not accept unsolicited offers
11/6/21
Hey guys, I have a 2021 CF gmt, would love to change the bezel for the newest V2 from clean, is it hard to change a bezel by yourself? Also can we buy the bezel only from a td?