• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMT-II Pepsi insert comparison of Gen MK2, Clean V2, Clean V2s, Xing V5

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Hello my loved ones

As many of you guys required, the comparison needs more participants, so we gathered all we have to make this post. And for the C+ insert, they didn’t send us the latest version, so we will probably add it here later when they finally release.

We tried our best to stay neutral on this review, please know this is only about personal preference, don’t be too harsh on others. Also please understand the color of the gen insert changes a lot under different angle and light, it’s very hard to capture its beauty with camera.

Gen details

Gen VS. Clean V2

Color score: 0 point - It is slightly lighter, color off: 20%.

UV light score: 1 point - It turned red and glowed, brightness: 40%.

Engraving texture score: 1 point - Basically the same.

6/18 transition score: 1point - Beautiful and clean.

Subtotal: 3 points.

Gen VS. Clean V2s

Color score: -0.5 point - It is a bit darker color off: 40%.

UV light score: 1.5 point - It turned red and had a strong glow, brightness: 80%.

Engraving texture score: -1 point - The texture is different on the red and blue part due to the different rigidity, it also caused some peeling off of the fillings. The flaws are not visible with bare eyes and Clean may fix it after first batch.

6/18 transition score: 1 point - Beautiful and clean.

Subtotal: 1 points.

Gen VS. Xing V5

Color score: 0 point - It is slightly pinkish, color off: 20%.

UV light score: 1 point - It turned red and glowed, brightness: 40%.

Engraving texture score: 1 point - It’s a bit rough.

6/18 transition score: -1 point - The color transition is okay, but the fillings on them are thick and uneven.

Subtotal: 1 point.

It seems Xing bezel is using the same material as Clean V2, the glow under UV light was alike. One thing I need to mention that the engraving technique is different from Clean and Xing. Xing engraved the bezel from the vertical position as most other factories does. Clean V2/V2s uses the laser head that can change its position for different insert part and makes cleaner eadges. (We visited the supplier factory and may go there few times to finish the revealing post)

The GMT is a tough one for replicas, especially with Pepsi insert. Not surprised the rumor said C+ is taking Clean V2s material, they finally upgraded. It’s good to see factories trying to offer more options with different movement and details among various prices.

See you soon~

Ctime

[Edit: photos with descriptions and score of each insert]

Last edited:

eiwood

Panerai Curious
Patron
Certified
10/12/21
US
As always, great and honest review. It will be interesting to see how the new C+ compares.

Reactions: CTime

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
So the mystery is finally solved, and the information from @CTime is true. The newest C+ is equipped w/ a V2S, proof here.

You take these CF w/ v2s insert from this post, indirect lighting:

Then this is C+ latest from HB, same lighting:

It’s the same insert with 99% certainty.

Last edited:

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
WOW. In the other thread I said "I hate this so much" in reference to all the different options (its good to have options!).
But this thread .. I love it. Thank you @CTime for taking the time to do this! I don't overlook the time and effort involved here. Great review!

Reactions: CTime

bombina

Known Member
17/8/15
Like others have said, I am not sure how much closer we can get in regards to the color accuracy at this point. Now, its more about getting the QC perfected (e.g. filling of the numerals in the V2S). I don't think the Xing bezel has a role anymore, the numbers are off.

In regards to the bezel construction/movement, have they fixed it to resemble the gen or is it still the musky/overgreased mechanism? I think that is one of the only remaining points of contention before we can effectively call this a NWBIG.

Any thoughts by anyone else? Also which would be the better pickup -- CF vs C+F w/ V2S bezel?

Reactions: dk2852