• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMT former VR3186 movement disassembled pictures

millklones

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/23
Berlin - Germany
i bought in this forum this watch: Rolex GMT Master II Pepsi 12670 CF VR3186 CHS, I checked the serial and the braclet Code, everything is fine. The watch looks good. But there is one thing, if i want to use the hour hands on Position 2, the hour hand moves only in one direction - forward. But i saw in videos and read it in reviews of the clean GMT II, the hour hand should be move in both directions, to set the local time. Maybe the watch is broken? Thanks for your help!

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
i bought in this forum this watch: Rolex GMT Master II Pepsi 12670 CF VR3186 CHS, I checked the serial and the braclet Code, everything is fine. The watch looks good. But there is one thing, if i want to use the hour hands on Position 2, the hour hand moves only in one direction - forward. But i saw in videos and read it in reviews of the clean GMT II, the hour hand should be move in both directions, to set the local time. Maybe the watch is broken? Thanks for your help!
This should be able to move in both directions, you can ask your local watch guy to have a look

Reactions: millklones

Jp0435888

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/16
When setting the hour hand on this 3186 does it jump like the gen does?

champagnesky

28/10/12
Thx, I see that they are priced a little differently, the v2 going for 160-180 and v1 for ~100$.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thx, I see that they are priced a little differently, the v2 going for 160-180 and v1 for ~100$.
Look on Ali Express, I've seen the V2 for a lot less than that. Also I take a V1 any day over a V2, the V2 is much harder to regulate. The real regulation arms are moved to the backside of the balance assembly to allow room for the fake free sprung balance arm. Yeah that looks "real", nevermind those other regulation arms I can still see back there. smh

Last edited:

Radirka

Supporter
Certified
17/5/22
Old Continent
I don't get the date wheel - if this is meant for the same watch, the dates show will be upside-down or is the VR3186 meant for a LHD watch?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I don't get the date wheel - if this is meant for the same watch, the dates show will be upside-down or is the VR3186 meant for a LHD watch?
There is no difference in the movement itself (rep or gen) that is used in a LHD Sprite. The movement is simply turned upside down and all the crown functions (unscrewing, winding, setting time) work in reverse direction.

An LHD Sprite movement is equipped with a different DW, one with numbers that are printed upside down from the usual DW.

Reactions: Radirka

Radirka

Supporter
Certified
17/5/22
Old Continent
There is no difference in the movement itself (rep or gen) that is used in a LHD Sprite. The movement is simply turned upside down and all the crown functions (unscrewing, winding, setting time) work in reverse direction.

An LHD Sprite movement is equipped with a different DW, one with numbers that are printed upside down from the usual DW.
Thanks, thought so.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks, thought so.
Also check out this post

The rep DW shown in this thread (the one with the silver teeth and silver outer ring) is indeed an LHD Sprite DW.