• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Girard Perregaux, any fans out there?

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
I didn't buy the funky Sea Hawk III. I did, however, go one better and acquire this absolute Ti230 unworn with 5 full years warranty !!! GP collecting now complete for the foreseeable future

Reactions: Horace_Derwent

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
Last piece of the puzzle - will replace the "basic" black dial Laureato (the daily slot will be occupied by the black dial chrono now), which is a beautiful watch and great for under the radar daily wear but....... this baby is a LE 1 of 188, with a sunburst guilloche AND enamel dial in a very unique green color.

mostlyreps

Horology Curious
Supporter
11/12/20
I didn't realize that the eternity dials were enamel--I don't think I've seen an enamel dial with that kind of "architectural" patterning on it before. From seeing photos online, the green seems to really play with the light in different settings, too. Very cool watch.

Because of this thread, I've finally arranged to get my old Gyromatic serviced and will hopefully put it into the rotation soon. I've been daydreaming of a ref. 8010 Laureato, though...maybe the timing will be right for me someday.

Reactions: CurioLeo

Gaspacho

24/5/23
EU
What's your take on vintage GP watches? I have a bit of a soft spot for the brand and am sometimes tempted by some of their vintage pieces on the secondhand market. Do you think that stuff like this is worth collecting or should I spend my energy on the more recent "neo-vintage" models?

If this were any other brand on the haute horology/fine horology list, it would be impossible to find a solid 14K piece with original papers and inner/outer box for $400 USD. And yet, with Girard-Perregeaux, these kinds of things show up fairly regularly.

There's so much to learn about a brand that's been around since 1791 but, surprisingly, it's kind of difficult to find great sources of information about that history.
Another "cheap" vintage gp, bought for 300€ or so a few years ago. 14k, was in need of a service and new plexi and came without box or papers. The strap is a cordovan fluco.

A few years ago I emailed gp to find out more about the model and was told that the archives had burnt down in the past, so part of the brand's history has been lost.

Reactions: mostlyreps

phelan771

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/2/14
Good topic.

I can't help but think the GP Laureato Chronograph is sexy as hell. And for 12-14k€ish, it's also reasonably affordable. Although this price is a bit high for a GP as such.

If there was a decent rep of it, I would buy it. This dial... unbelievably beautiful.
IMG-5826.jpg
This is my favourite panda watch but have yet to find a good deal on one

WatchKnob

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Supporting Vendor
10/6/13
USA
I beg to differ.....I think GP is awesome !!

Have these two to add and then the GP collection that will address every functional need will be complete
Hi there, bumping this old post because it's the only thing ive seen with the new generation laureato. Cant find anything else on it so im guessing both of yours are gens in this case? If not please share where you found the reps! Id love to get the new green dial! https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/qg0AAOSwL35mDeJq/s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
Hi there, bumping this old post because it's the only thing ive seen with the new generation laureato. Cant find anything else on it so im guessing both of yours are gens in this case? If not please share where you found the reps! Id love to get the new green dial! https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/qg0AAOSwL35mDeJq/s-l1600.jpg
Yep, all of my GPs are gens. The Eternity is a beautiful dial in sunlight, subtle most of the time though

Reactions: WatchKnob