• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Girard Perregaux, any fans out there?

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
I've had my hands on a Gen GP 1945 mod 25810 triple date (2011 model), and I love it. Anyone else think the craftsmanship is well beyond the deserved rep?

Even after sitting in the safe for months, will keep time to the SECOND in all positions after a wind. 27j 800 made, spoke to the watchmaker personally. I'm impressed. First ultra high end brand I've owned, I don't count Rolex. Shame it's too pretty to wear much.

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
I was until tight pants two tone Tony from TPG started piping the brand.
Not exactly my style... I pick up what youre putting down. Got it in trade. I'm a fan of the workmanship... Blued hands, 3d gold numerals, small batch handmade movements. Shocked me when the VP of the company and watchmaker replied to a simple service email. I rock watches you can work in, don't have to choke yourself with a tux to accommodate. Investment for the kids I guess. Looking for a GP nut in today's world to chat it up with.

domiffm

buffalo is sick
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Good topic.

I can't help but think the GP Laureato Chronograph is sexy as hell. And for 12-14k€ish, it's also reasonably affordable. Although this price is a bit high for a GP as such.

If there was a decent rep of it, I would buy it. This dial... unbelievably beautiful.
IMG-5826.jpg

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
Good topic.

I can't help but think the GP Laureato Chronograph is sexy as hell. And for 12-14k€ish, it's also reasonably affordable. Although this price is a bit high for a GP as such.

If there was a decent rep of it, I would buy it. This dial... unbelievably beautiful.
IMG-5826.jpg
Should really be included in the list of most beautiful pandas , although it almost never is

Reactions: Pops3434

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
Good topic.

IMG-5826.jpg
Yes,

The Laureato is a beautiful watch...pricing is a bit steep for a GP.

GP is a glorious brand, but its days of glory has passed, GP is talked about less than Piaget or Chopatd, for example

Reactions: domiffm

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
What do you think of this Jenni Elle review of the Laureato ?

Sue consider GP like an unheard brand , pile ita a cheap but pricey (if this makes ay sense) of the Royal Oak and the Nautilus.

Poor Gerard-Perregaux , the youngsters dont know what a brand it once was...
:mad::unsure:

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
I am from mobile, the correct text would be

Sue considers GP like an unheard brand , lime a cheap but pricey (if this makes ay sense) of the Royal Oak and the Nautilus.

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
@CurioLeo : congrats, you're a real coinneseur! (y)(y)

Any time I see an historical brand, and not the usual Rollie, AP and PP sterile discussions, I am happy.!

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
@CurioLeo : congrats, you're a real coinneseur! (y)(y)

Any time I see an historical brand, and not the usual Rollie, AP and PP sterile discussions, I am happy.!
Thank you. It took a long time and way too much money spent on unworthy products to reach the conclusion I am basically happy with Cartier as my "classy" brand and GP as my "top tier, meet every need" brand. Athough to be honest, I still have other watches which I am consolidating further (to cover those last 2 GPs) and I am guilty as charged of also owning the dreaded Rolex - 2 Rolex currently in possession (GMT IIC & Explorer 40) while working on getting a 3rd back (turning my Submariner into a SeaDweller single red) over the next couple of days and also waiting for a call on a Green Skydweller. Not too far away from the day when I won't even think about buying or selling another watch :ROFLMAO: I will wear the GPs and let the Rolex appreciate in value. My kids and their partners will be happy !!

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
@Horace_Derwent , I just got the Infinity 1945 but it's from a proper dealer in Japan and they have enough integrity to respect the CITES rules and won't send the original strap, which sucks ....

Reactions: Horace_Derwent

mostlyreps

Horology Curious
Supporter
11/12/20
I've had my hands on a Gen GP 1945 mod 25810 triple date (2011 model), and I love it. Anyone else think the craftsmanship is well beyond the deserved rep?

I have the no date/sub seconds version of this Vintage 1945 and think it's a great watch and a great value. Would love to own a 38mm Laureato, but I think it'll always be out of budget for me.

For me, one of the things that makes GP a "cool" brand is that their pieces are always interesting (maybe aside from the Laureato, which is still very desirable despite the fact that it fits a pretty straightforward stylistic archetype). Always enjoy browsing neo-vintage GP pieces on eBay and Chrono24 whenever I'm looking to avoid doing real work.

CurioLeo--that collection is incredible. You have great taste.

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
I have the no date/sub seconds version of this Vintage 1945 and think it's a great watch and a great value. Would love to own a 38mm Laureato, but I think it'll always be out of budget for me.

For me, one of the things that makes GP a "cool" brand is that their pieces are always interesting (maybe aside from the Laureato, which is still very desirable despite the fact that it fits a pretty straightforward stylistic archetype). Always enjoy browsing neo-vintage GP pieces on eBay and Chrono24 whenever I'm looking to avoid doing real work.

CurioLeo--that collection is incredible. You have great taste.
The Laureato is actually very interesting. On the wrist it absolutely comes alive, wears better than any other integrated bracelet watch (yes, the usual suspects from AP and PP included) and the shape and details are superb.

Reactions: mostlyreps

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
Beautiful

I’m trying to find a repped GIRARD-PERREGAUX Laureato Skeleton Ceramic
I am not aware of any Girard Perregaux model being repped by a quality factory (or any at all to be honest but I haven't gone looking either). Skeleton ceramic would be a bridge too far ( get what I did there :ROFLMAO: ? )