• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ginault owner's comparison to reps?

RoXeW22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/6/22
So the search has ended. Because of a lot of poor experiences i decided to stop searching for a secondhand and ordered a new one. I rather pay more to John for a smooth purchase and the experience of having a new
Congrats! Did Ginault tell you how long it would take? I'm 100% sure you'll be happy with it :)

Reactions: Eddio

Eddio

Astrophysical Time traveler
11/6/16
EU
Guys. I'm looking to buy a used OR1 181270GSLN model for $700.00. Pretty decent condition with a complete set. Is this a good deal?
Yes, it is. Unfortunately the chance of finding it outside of dreams and without the risk of being scammed is very very low. I have seen one for 885 euro on Chrono24 and find that to be a bargain!

Last edited:
Reactions: sgt.njoy

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
I have such a set on offer for $800, which I consider a great deal, but I'm too chicken to pull the trigger as I have a bad vibe that it might be a scam. Saving a $100 bill is simply not worth to me losing $800 to the abyss of fraud.

Reactions: johnlogan

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Local deal success! TC is damn genius lol

3NCokb.jpg

3NCmYi.jpg

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Maybe it’s my age but I really want to change the crystal with cyclops on it. Any recommendations crystal that has AR with no LEC?

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
A guy in the Ginault Facebook group is selling out his ginault collection. About 9 or 10 watches.

Gaspacho

24/5/23
EU
Do you guys think the silent service is being a sale success or a failure? Aside from youtube reviews, I don't see many people showing off their new silence services on forums. Maybe it's a different situation on Ginault facebook group, but I'm not familiar with it.

If the quality is on pair the with OR/OR2, it's still a fabulous bang for the buck, but, imho, the design sucks big time. The submariner plus seamaster mash up doesn't work at all.

Of course that's my opinion, hope it doesn't sound too harsh.

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Do you guys think the silent service is being a sale success or a failure? Aside from youtube reviews, I don't see many people showing off their new silence services on forums. Maybe it's a different situation on Ginault facebook group, but I'm not familiar with it.

If the quality is on pair the with OR/OR2, it's still a fabulous bang for the buck, but, imho, the design sucks big time. The submariner plus seamaster mash up doesn't work at all.

I got my Silent Service just when they launched them and have really enjoyed the watch. Quality is excellent as can be expected. I do much prefer my OR2, which is my favourite watch out of all my watches, reps and gens (which includes Rolex and Omega). The Silent Service does get a good amount of wrist time though and is part of the rotation. I suppose to sum it up, then I like the design, but I adore my OR2.

I suspect it has been a good sales success given the lead times for new orders still runs to a good number of weeks, so demand is still ahead of supply.

Reactions: Gaspacho

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
There is one on ebay listing for 800 pounds. Unfortunately seller wants to keep it local.

I was excited then this first came up on eBay until as you say, it's collection only :-(

He's re-listed it, but still only local collection.

Last edited:

Gaspacho

24/5/23
EU
I got my Silent Service just when they launched them and have really enjoyed the watch. Quality is excellent as can be expected. I do much prefer my OR2, which is my favourite watch out of all my watches, reps and gens (which includes Rolex and Omega). The Silent Service does get a good amount of wrist time though and is part of the rotation. I suppose to sum it up, then I like the design, but I adore my OR2.

I suspect it has been a good sales success given the lead times for new orders still runs to a good number of weeks, so demand is still ahead of supply.
Wished that the or2 ceramic was still at pre-sale price, but ain't even sure if he still makes them..

Out of topic, just check your wristshots, are you driving a gr yaris?

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Wished that the or2 ceramic was still at pre-sale price, but ain't even sure if he still makes them..

Out of topic, just check your wristshots, are you driving a gr yaris?
I believe he may have opened up OR2 sale again, but the price has jumped up a fair bit.

Yes, GR Yaris owner for just over year now. Absolutely amazing car. I’m in my early 50s and have had a number of performance cars over the years and this one feels really special. I was keen to try and recapture the memory of running modified Imprezas in the early 90s and this captures that and then takes it into another league.

Gaspacho

24/5/23
EU
Great to hear that!!

Mine should arrive late july, waiting for it almost for a year now. Went for the circuit pack, named Extreme Rally over here, in pearl white.

Have a boring ass diesel Audi a4 has a company car, hope this is the perfect toy to have some fun behind the wheel.

Late 30s here, maybe it's the mid life crisis kicking in. ahah

Reactions: HomeRye

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Great to hear that!!

Mine should arrive late july, waiting for it almost for a year now. Went for the circuit pack, named Extreme Rally over here, in pearl white.

Have a boring ass diesel Audi a4 has a company car, hope this is the perfect toy to have some fun behind the wheel.

Late 30s here, maybe it's the mid life crisis kicking in. ahah
lol - wait until you hit your 50's then you will get a real excuse to splash out :)

Mine is a convenience pack model in black, mainly as it was a cancellation I managed to get from my local dealer (still had to wait 10 months). I won't be doing many track days (and I'm careful on the public roads) - so don't really miss the LSDs. I do like the little added comforts like the heads up display, better stereo, etc. Previous car was a GT86, so had plenty of back end out fun in that. Other car is a Tesla LR, so it's lovely to jump into the Yaris at the weekend for some real feedback.

Sorry to others for the OT thread chat!

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

They haven’t updated their Instagram in a year. Very little chatter online about the SS. I have only worn my SS twice. Quality is below top end REPs. Imho this has not been a success!