• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ginault owner's comparison to reps?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Quick update here:

-Helenarou dagger seconds hand
-Tiger Concept Milsub insert, baked in the oven for 5 min to match pearl colour to markers and slightly bleached for vintage look
-Flat no-cyclops Clark’s crystal
-Admiralty Grey RAF Strap from Cheapest NATO Straps

Z0l5s2.jpg

Z0lWDE.jpg

Z0laqn.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: HomeRye and Lariram

ML46

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/19
If you can't tell the difference between a Rolex and a Ginault then you might be in the wrong hobby.

That's funny...coming from a toss-pot on a fake watch forum....LOL

Last edited:

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Owned Ginailt ocean rover ceramic date. Not worth the money or the wait time. My VSF 114060 visual quality is right there or better. Ginault is a real expensive 300m rep with a kick ass Swiss movement. Sent back twice for the bezel, got to wear it a couple times . Ya not impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Owned Ginailt ocean rover ceramic date. Not worth the money or the wait time. My VSF 114060 visual quality is right there or better. Ginault is a real expensive 300m rep with a kick ass Swiss movement. Sent back twice for the bezel, got to wear it a couple times . Ya not impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep this was my experience

If you're going gen-only if's a good purchase, especially if you prefer the 5 digit case

But for people who purchase reps, the VSF is the same for 30% of the price

Reactions: Yogibear

FadeToBlack

25/7/20
I own a sub 41 no date, ORII and 2 VSF subs the maxi case and new 41m models.
While the VSF's are very close they are not on par of the finishing on the ORII.
My ORII is even slightly more accurate than my Gen sub.
IMO the ORII is well worth the price, which is why I have a second one with blue ceramic bezel on order.

Reactions: HomeRye

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
While the VSF's are very close they are not on par of the finishing on the ORII.
IMO the ORII is well worth the price, which is why I have a second one with blue ceramic bezel on order.

More accurate then Gen, how so?

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland

Delighted to read this - and mirrors what I've read elsewhere re the quality of the ORII finishing. Can't wait for my ORII Date Smurf to arrive to judge for myself.

Reactions: FadeToBlack

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Does Ginault use 904L or 316L stainless steel?
For gen Rolex Sub owners, is there a different feeling the steel case of Ginault vs Roley?
Maybe it is down to the machining and finishing of the products?

FadeToBlack

25/7/20
Does Ginault use 904L or 316L stainless steel?
For gen Rolex Sub owners, is there a different feeling the steel case of Ginault vs Roley?
Maybe it is down to the machining and finishing of the products?

I personally can't tell much difference besides rolex being finished marginally better and a slight different hue in the color of the steel.

Reactions: jcagara08

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I like my ginault for the colorway - Stainless body, but with the blue/gold lume and bezel.

However comparing it to my TC Kermit and my 16800 franken, the modern clasp makes it easier to wear, and besides that, it's a great watch. Worth the premium? Not really, but it's more honest with its approach with Ginault on the dial. The one ESSENTIAL mod would be to get a 2xAR cyclops for sure. I would if I am going to keep this long term.

I may wind up selling mine down the road as I wear this less and less, particularly now that I have a cookie monster smurf from VSF.

Zdj9TW.jpg

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I like my ginault for the colorway - Stainless body, but with the blue/gold lume and bezel.

However comparing it to my TC Kermit and my 16800 franken, the modern clasp makes it easier to wear, and besides that, it's a great watch. Worth the premium? Not really, but it's more honest with its approach with Ginault on the dial. The one ESSENTIAL mod would be to get a 2xAR cyclops for sure. I would if I am going to keep this long term.

I may wind up selling mine down the road as I wear this less and less, particularly now that I have a cookie monster smurf from VSF.

Zdj9TW.jpg

good looking watch. this would be my combo to ge for the vintage look..

Reactions: KJ2020