• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ginault owner's comparison to reps?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
You can get tissot oris longines certina steinhart for a fraction of the price

Some tags and breitling are also same price range

Without asian movement + swiss + real qc + waterproof + warranty + brand

Imho I think 2824 is a crappie movement design

Winners_Dont_Use_Drugs.png

Just don't do it mate. Quit now that you still can.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020 and Lariram

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15

I’ve had Breitlings and Tags..with modified 2824s…. They were thick on the wrist though, got rid of them. I haven’t had an Oris, longines, or Steinhart that caught my eyes yet. Will keep them open

Reactions: KJ2020 and a5539925

Carbon Summit

Renowned Member
10/12/19
United States
I wonder if there has ever been a thread on Ginault that just stayed on track talking about the current watch, and didn't fall back into the TC topic??? I doubt it...

I just don't understand why anyone on a rep forum would be critical of Ginault regardless of the truth. It makes no sense to me.

Reactions: KJ2020 and Lariram

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20

You know steinhart using eta 2824 ... I had steinhart it's not even close zzf or vsf quality , I think my cartel Daytona have better bracelet then steinhart

a5539925

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/18
You know steinhart using eta 2824 ... I had steinhart it's not even close zzf or vsf quality , I think my cartel Daytona have better bracelet then steinhart

Yes it’s not patek

Last edited:

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Well I've just ordered one this evening after spending too much of my life reading through threads on multiple forums and watching, what must be hours, of YouTube videos.

Current spec they are selling is:
  • 40mm pre-ceramic style case, chamfered lugs, no holes (hand finished)
  • high-gloss enamel dial, forged applied indices (hand assembled)
  • beveled sword hour/minute hands, custom Ginault red-second hand
  • Sellita SW200-1, Elabore Grade, 5 positions 6-week regulated
  • ceramic insert, engraved, 60min full graduation, lume pip at 12 o'clock
  • gen II bezel assembly, structurally redesigned for the most amazing turning and tactile feedback, the outer ring is slightly re-profiled with slightly deeper and sharper teeth for a better grip
  • triple-layer, optometry grade (clear coating, no blue-hue) anti-reflective sapphire
  • gen II 94530G bracelet, tighter mid-link tolerance, slightly re-profiled clasp for enhanced comfort and durability, 3 x 3 permanent link design allows a perfect fit even for the slender wrist.
Should hopefully get it in the next 4-8 weeks. Photos of the variant I ordered up:

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20
Well I've just ordered one this evening after spending too much of my life reading through threads on multiple forums and watching, what must be hours, of YouTube videos.

Current spec they are selling is:
  • 40mm pre-ceramic style case, chamfered lugs, no holes (hand finished)
  • high-gloss enamel dial, forged applied indices (hand assembled)
  • beveled sword hour/minute hands, custom Ginault red-second hand
  • Sellita SW200-1, Elabore Grade, 5 positions 6-week regulated
  • ceramic insert, engraved, 60min full graduation, lume pip at 12 o'clock
  • gen II bezel assembly, structurally redesigned for the most amazing turning and tactile feedback, the outer ring is slightly re-profiled with slightly deeper and sharper teeth for a better grip
  • triple-layer, optometry grade (clear coating, no blue-hue) anti-reflective sapphire
  • gen II 94530G bracelet, tighter mid-link tolerance, slightly re-profiled clasp for enhanced comfort and durability, 3 x 3 permanent link design allows a perfect fit even for the slender wrist.
Should hopefully get it in the next 4-8 weeks. Photos of the variant I ordered up:
i should get mine in next 3 weeks but I go with sand lume
did you get phase 1or 2 preorder ?

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
i should get mine in next 3 weeks but I go with sand lume
did you get phase 1or 2 preorder ?

Missed out on phase 1, got into phase 2. John said that phase 2 is 25% filled now. Discount still decent though - around £300 off in total.

Sand lume does look very nice - I was tempted myself but ended up with the glowing smurf.

Really can’t wait now!

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20
Missed out on phase 1, got into phase 2. John said that phase 2 is 25% filled now. Discount still decent though - around £300 off in total.

Sand lume does look very nice - I was tempted myself but ended up with the glowing smurf.

Really can’t wait now!

I paid around 855£ I think it's very good price ,now we waiting

Reactions: HomeRye

a5539925

29/7/18
- power reserve is fine. Longer reserve is nothing more than a pissing contest.
- movement is bullet proof. Perhaps the most reliable ETA.

Power reserve is crap
It’s not bullet proof but solid and there are far worse outside (seiko, citizen, dg2813 …)
Most reliable eta are 6498,7

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Power reserve is crap
It’s not bullet proof but solid and there are far worse outside (seiko, citizen, dg2813 …)
Most reliable eta are 6498,7

Oh ffs. Let’s put this in context - you said the movement Tudor used in their Submariner 79090 and 79190 as well as the Black Bay is ‘crappy’. This movement has been used by Breitling, Omega, Oris, Sinn... pretty much everyone.

Get out of here with your crap takes.

Reactions: HomeRye and KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
https://www.montredo.com/movements-... standard yet,by hand-wind movement standards.

ETA 2824 – The robust all-rounder

The ETA 2824 in its current version ETA 2824-2 is the epitome of a workhorse offering not only outstanding reliability, but also considerable durability. The most recent iteration of the 2824 series has been manufactured in large batches since 1982. Needless to say, any hiccups have long since dissipated. While more often than not high precision is achieved at the expense of robustness, the 2824 combines both characteristics due to its relatively simple but highly effective design. Most notably, the 2824 is reputed not only for its accuracy but also for remaining relatively constant at any position of the watch under varying conditions. The ETA 2824 also has a leg up on other movements not just in part thanks to its widespread usage, but also because spare parts are easy to obtain and relatively inexpensive. Due to its profound success it has often been copied by other manufacturers, even from those hailing from Switzerland. The most prominent adaptation of the ETA 2824 is the SW200 by Sellita which achieves excellent results.
Frequently used at: Raymond Weil, Michel Herbelin, Tudor, Frederique Constant, Mido, Oris, Mühle Glashütte

a5539925

29/7/18
Oh ffs. Let’s put this in context - you said the movement Tudor used in their Submariner 79090 and 79190 as well as the Black Bay is ‘crappy’. This movement has been used by Breitling, Omega, Oris, Sinn... pretty much everyone.

Get out of here with your crap takes.

No the power reserve is crappy. Not the movement itself.
It’s a good alth. dated entry level movement with design faults.
Ever repaired it’s clutch?
The movement costs usd 70 in wholesale (for watch brands)

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
Does anyone have a valid & current discount code for an Ocean 2? (I read people do but when I search I find a big fat 0.)

I'd like to buy & try to see what all the discussions are about but alas, I don't want to pay the RRP because of curiosity alone.

Add to that, if I purchase how long are the wait times because again, I can't find a definitive answer. If you have the facts for me please show me the link.

Thanks in advance.

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20
Does anyone have a valid & current discount code for an Ocean 2? (I read people do but when I search I find a big fat 0.)

I'd like to buy & try to see what all the discussions are about but alas, I don't want to pay the RRP because of curiosity alone.

Add to that, if I purchase how long are the wait times because again, I can't find a definitive answer. If you have the facts for me please show me the link.

Thanks in advance.

https://ginault.com/shop/phase-2-pre-order-ocean-rover-201175-201875/

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland

Thanks in advance.

Kielxx gave the link I used and what Ginault themselves gave me. Timescales I was given was by July - so I’m taking that as by end of July and it might come sooner.

Reactions: GottaHave