• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Daytona vs Noob V1-V2 and V2.2 Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona

Jem

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/09
A great read with lot's of really useful info. I'm planning on doing a 116500 Noob/ARF mashup and recently received the donor ARF V2. Picture attached - can someone comment on the subdial thickness because after reading this entire thread i'm now thinking they are too thin? Thanks

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I'm planning on doing a 116500 Noob/ARF mashup and recently received the donor ARF V2. Picture attached - can someone comment on the subdial thickness because after reading this entire thread i'm now thinking they are too thin?
The ARF v2 dial is very close to gen. The subdial difference to gen is very slight - the overall quality of the dial makes up for it. I have the same NoobARF combo and it's as good as it gets IMO.

Jem

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/09
Thanks for the reply. Another question. I am reasonably good at watch modding and would consider doing the swap over myself. My understanding is that the ARF dial needs about 0.5mm shaving off the outside to fit the Noob case but does anything else need altering like the dial feet?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Thanks for the reply. Another question. I am reasonably good at watch modding and would consider doing the swap over myself. My understanding is that the ARF dial needs about 0.5mm shaving off the outside to fit the Noob case but does anything else need altering like the dial feet?
Yes, that's correct - the ARF dial is a shade too large, and the dial feet will need to be removed and fixed in place using dots.

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
Thanks the exactly what i needed to know.

Hey Jem, I'd encourage you to do it, you'll be very happy!

Here's my franken Noob for reference, modded for my by ado213 - V2 watch, CF bezel, ARF dial and ARF bracelet/clasp.

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
A great read with lot's of really useful info. I'm planning on doing a 116500 Noob/ARF mashup and recently received the donor ARF V2. Picture attached - can someone comment on the subdial thickness because after reading this entire thread i'm now thinking they are too thin?
Well worth it if you can do it IMO; I'm sure it'll be a mission to finish though!

Here's my franken Noob, modded my ado213 ; V2 movement, CF bezel, ARF dial and bracelet/clasp.

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
Definetly not franken,doesnt have any gen part

"Franken" in the sense that it is a mixture of different factories - obviously it's not gen at all. Maybe the word "modded" would keep you happy? :rolleyes:

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
Considering to purchase a black dial ARF V2 A4130 mod from TrustyTime. I'm more concerned about the movement, specifically the accuracy and durability. If anyone could share their experience with this watch I would be greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

PTwatchLover

Certified
29/8/22
Portugal
Hi! Did you bought it? How's it like? I'm thinking about doing the same since it's 300 eur cheaper than CF but I'm not sure if I can live with the fake 3 & 9 o'clock faux function dials, although I'm not thinking about using them anyway.

EM9

Watch Acquisition Disorder
Supporter
Certified
7/8/18
28.3772° N, 81.5707° W
Since we already have the necropost. I have a unmolested noob v4 black dial I want to mod. Is CF bezel, ARF dial, gen hands still the way to go now?

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
Hi! Did you bought it? How's it like? I'm thinking about doing the same since it's 300 eur cheaper than CF but I'm not sure if I can live with the fake 3 & 9 o'clock faux function dials, although I'm not thinking about using them anyway.
No. I purchased the BTF V1 SA4130 Black Dial from Hont in April. I just sent it to a watch smith because the start chrono pusher wasn't working anymore. Also the chrono stops after running for 5 minutes so he will fix that as well.

Aside from these issues, I like the watch alot. You can wear it with a t-shirt, jeans & sneakers but also with a suit. I like the thought that when I get the watch back it will be as good as new and probably free of problems for a while. Unfortunately this is the risk you take when purchasing replica watches.

I would suggest to purchase from Hont as he is about $100 cheaper than everyone else when you consider his low price also includes shipping. You can contact Hont using Whatsapp as it's his preferred method to communicate. See the Trusted Dealer page for the contact information.

Reactions: PTwatchLover

PTwatchLover

Certified
29/8/22
Portugal
I would suggest to purchase from Hont as he is about $100 cheaper than everyone else when you consider his low price also includes shipping. You can contact Hont using Whatsapp as it's his preferred method to communicate. See the Trusted Dealer page for the contact information.

I never bought from him before. I'll contact him to see if he offers triangular shipping via an european country.

I'm browsing his website but I'm not sure if this is a A4130 or it's a modified A7750. Sometimes Daytonas say SA4130, others say just A4130 and others say A7750, which I know it's a bad movement. Do you know?

ARF Daytona A4130

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
I never bought from him before. I'll contact him to see if he offers triangular shipping via an european country.

I'm browsing his website but I'm not sure if this is a A4130 or it's a modified A7750. Sometimes Daytonas say SA4130, others say just A4130 and others say A7750, which I know it's a bad movement. Do you know?

ARF Daytona A4130

You need to read more the forum

ARF used 7750