• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Daytona vs Noob V1-V2 and V2.2 Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Simple answer and I apologize immediately for it, but need a simple answer: Daytona 116519 Noob. How is dial, bezel and overall watch in general compared to gen?

Kmmas

7/4/15
MScott So is this a good time to buy the noob Daytona? The V2 release was last year August 2018 (with a small update in feb 2019) So almost a year now. Maybe chance of a updated version or V3 comimg out soon. In that case maybe better to wait? Thoughts guys?

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
MScott So is this a good time to buy the noob Daytona? The V2 release was last year August 2018 (with a small update in feb 2019) So almost a year now. Maybe chance of a updated version or V3 comimg out soon. In that case maybe better to wait? Thoughts guys?

Nobody knows. Could be tomorrow or in 2 years. Check the industry insights threads on a regular basis if you want to know

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Nobody knows. Could be tomorrow or in 2 years. Check the industry insights threads on a regular basis if you want to know

Hey man sorry for asking an stupid question but can you link me the one of the articles please?

Tobel

6/7/17
Hey man sorry for asking an stupid question but can you link me the one of the articles please?

Hey mate, don't worry that's not a stupid question. I'm thinking about a thread called Angus' industry insights, Angus being from Puretime. Haven't checked in a while and don't know whether it's updated bit worth checking. Sorry can't quite find the link right now but look around you should find it

Reactions: XLR8R

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18

Seems like they are selling every one that they can make now, so why would they put any effort into a change or an upgrade?

Quality may be a concern as they are probably now building them as fast as they can.

Reactions: freediver

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
That's why there is shortage , you bought 2 :p

enjoy them,look fine

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Seems like they are selling every one that they can make now, so why would they put any effort into a change or an upgrade?

Quality may be a concern as they are probably now building them as fast as they can.

They were selling out prior, they were regularly on pre-order. I agree though, an upgrade might not be likely for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Just received

One is an ARF and the other a Noob...

Could you please post a larger picture of both together side by side in the same shot?
Does the ARF dial and bezel look better than the Noob to you?

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
One is an ARF and the other a Noob...

Could you please post a larger picture of both together side by side in the same shot?
Does the ARF dial and bezel look better than the Noob to you?

Something like this, but larger? (done with photoshop)
Noob-ARF-01.jpg

Nice picture to illustrate the differences...

- Shinny silver sub-dials on the Noob.
- R O LEX font on the Noob
- Bezel fonts
- Longer ARF pushers

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
IMG-3163.jpg

The Noob has the same subdial sunburst as a 116520 dial, 116500 as a nice mate subdial but I thinking compared to a genuine one, at least when I'm looking at pictures on google, the ARF is "a touch too white"

Reactions: Sunsurfer

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
The Noob has the same subdial sunburst as a 116520 dial, 116500 as a nice mate subdial but I thinking compared to a genuine one, at least when I'm looking at pictures on google, the ARF is "a touch too white"

Does the ARF dial appear to have better overall quality? Do the details appear sharper? Which one do you prefer?

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
Does the ARF dial appear to have better overall quality? Do the details appear sharper? Which one do you prefer?

Yes ARF is better quality, details like the forms of the inner circles of the subdials are present on the ARF that Noob has not, but this is debatable as those are "details".

I prefer the ARF dial over Noob even if the Noob 11500 have correct thickness of subdials

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Units per hour in the ARF is tinier than NOOB by a good tad.

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Yes ARF is better quality, details like the forms of the inner circles of the subdials are present on the ARF that Noob has not, but this is debatable as those are "details".

I prefer the ARF dial over Noob even if the Noob 11500 have correct thickness of subdials

mate IMO current Noob V2.2 dials are really good, may be not better than ARF but overall they are a great contest to ARF. And I can say as I have Gen, ARF and Noob. And also Gen 116500 Black has very subtle concentric inner circles on subdials, practically not visible on wrist. So, Noob is quite there, just a bit shiny as compared to matte finish of Gen. Can't comment on White Noob 116500 dial though as don't have one.

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
IMO current Noob V2.2 dials are really good, may be not better than ARF but overall they are a great contest to ARF. And I can say as I have Gen, ARF and Noob. And also Gen 116500 Black has very subtle concentric inner circles on subdials, practically not visible on wrist. So, Noob is quite there, just a bit shiny as compared to matte finish of Gen.

Could you post a picture of the Black Gen next to the Noob, and the ARF? A larger, high resolution picture would be great. Side by side in the same light would be very helpful.

You can use this link as an image host... https://postimages.org/