• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Daytona vs Noob V1-V2 and V2.2 Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18
I have some doubts about these qc pics, especially the indexes at 9 and 3 What do you expert think, are these ok? What about other possible flaws?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolemars

fillintheblank

Known Member
6/8/16
I have some doubts about these qc pics, especially the indexes at 9 and 3 What do you expert think, are these ok? What about other possible flaws?
Thanks in advance

That 9 o'clock index would bother me.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Hi guys! Sorry for jumping in like this but can someone tell me what is like best option now when it comes to panda? Is Noob okay or bezel and dial are better on ARF? If so, can it be bought separately. I would really appreciate some infos about this. Thank you in advance

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Hi guys! Sorry for jumping in like this but can someone tell me what is like best option now when it comes to panda? Is Noob okay or bezel and dial are better on ARF? If so, can it be bought separately. I would really appreciate some infos about this. Thank you in advance

Noob is okay... ARF dial and bezel is better, but you can no longer buy them separately from ARF.

Did you read the beginning of this thread?

Last edited:

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
This is awesome! Thank you for this detailed report regarding Daytona

I think my 2nd rep would be a Rolex Daytona. and I'm still thinking which color and what factory =)

I'll be receiving my first rep in 2 weeks! It's a Hublot though haha =)

Reactions: M Scott

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Noob is okay... ARF dial and bezel is better, but you can no longer buy them separately from ARF.

Did you read the beginning of this thread?

Yes I did, partially though. I was more comparing dials and bezels :)

Pope

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/19
Are the movements used by ARF in their Daytonas reliable?

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15

I have been servicing one this morning and you can get good results using the correct oils, lubricants and grease. I don't see any reason why these movements should not last a long time. The only thing i have noticed with these movements is they are pretty much bone dry from the factory. In this one the only parts that were oiled were the balance cap jewels and i doubt they used 9010 probably some veg oil :-/

Last edited:
Reactions: Micasol and Pope

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
This has not been regulated yet, not looking too bad already.
9e979729e276c891f3eccd6796008011.jpg
18fec173829dd54a8ad2c2c1c22f3e2a.jpg

Reactions: Therion666 and Pope

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
I have been servicing one this morning and you can get good results using the correct oils, lubricants and grease. I don't see any reason why these movements should not last a long time. The only thing i have noticed with these movements is they are pretty much bone dry from the factory. In this one the only parts that were oiled were the balance cap jewels and i doubt they used 9010 probably some veg oil :-/

Have you had much experience with the newer Noob 4130 movements compared to this ARF a7750?
We all know that the ARF doesn't have a fully functioning chronograph, so this would just be a question of build quality and reliability.

Some opinions in other forums are saying that there are some parts in the Noob 4130 that are not as robust as they should be and are therefor may be prone to fail.
Many on this forum say the movement is great and have had no problems... so far.

From your hands on experience, is it fair to say that both of these movements should last a long time with proper servicing or is it still kind of too soon to tell with the newer 4130 Noob?

astato

Horology Curious
10/2/14
Guys, one question, if I don’t mind if works the 3 Dial, it’s okay to take an ARF? Or better safe some money and wait to buy the noob, and how is the machine of the arf ?

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Guys, one question, if I don’t mind if works the 3 Dial, it’s okay to take an ARF? Or better safe some money and wait to buy the noob, and how is the machine of the arf ?

You are asking us what is ok for you?
If u don't mind the non-working chronos sure get an ARF , visually they are great !

Reactions: ssouthall6

astato

Horology Curious
10/2/14
You are asking us what is ok for you?
If u don't mind the non-working chronos sure get an ARF , visually they are great !

I’m asking if the noob movement will be more durable than the arf movement. I don’t want to spend less money if I can take a more durable movement (sorry for my English jeje )

Last edited:

Pangolin10

Horology Curious
9/4/19
Question - I've bee doing alot of research around the Daytona-C and i read a few threads elsewhere that the case size of the daytona is actually 38.6mm as opposed to the advertised 40mm case size. Is this the same with the rep versions of the model?

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
Question - I've bee doing alot of research around the Daytona-C and i read a few threads elsewhere that the case size of the daytona is actually 38.6mm as opposed to the advertised 40mm case size. Is this the same with the rep versions of the model?

Yes

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Have you had much experience with the newer Noob 4130 movements compared to this ARF a7750?
We all know that the ARF doesn't have a fully functioning chronograph, so this would just be a question of build quality and reliability.

Some opinions in other forums are saying that there are some parts in the Noob 4130 that are not as robust as they should be and are therefor may be prone to fail.
Many on this forum say the movement is great and have had no problems... so far.

From your hands on experience, is it fair to say that both of these movements should last a long time with proper servicing or is it still kind of too soon to tell with the newer 4130 Noob?

I think i know what you're talking about, i did see some members elsewhere say some parts are failing, such as the hacking lever. This is a very thin piece of metal but so far i've not had any issues. I'm well into double figures with the amount of Daytonas i've seen, from the first fat noob dial to our current '2.2'. Maybe i've just been lucky but i haven't had any issue with parts failing. It's just the usual story with a rep - most movements are dry as a bone and dirty (hairs, grit and rust). For longevity of this movement i would recommend a service the same as i would for most reps. Everything might seem ok on the outside but on the inside it's a bit of a horror show.

Reactions: Pope and ssouthall6

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Some pictures underneath a few bridges from a service today. Not too bad just a complete lack of any sort of lubricant, which will cause problems long term. Considering the investment made in these reps, servicing is a good idea imo.
342681c40567dfb6c9043dee5df880eb.jpg
3a56084fb3d8b42197ac378dd37e95c5.jpg
5d9ec362fbd4adce5f010db4d3f1f566.jpg

Reactions: Therion666 and Pope

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
Some pictures underneath a few bridges from a service today. Not too bad just a complete lack of any sort of lubricant, which will cause problems long term. Considering the investment made in these reps, servicing is a good idea imo.
342681c40567dfb6c9043dee5df880eb.jpg
3a56084fb3d8b42197ac378dd37e95c5.jpg
5d9ec362fbd4adce5f010db4d3f1f566.jpg

Fully agree, most of them I serviced had or bad oils, or dry of oils, and btw it seems to have different quality parts used on the noob 4130, a good exemple is the minute/hour wheel on the train wheel, on some of the 4130 this wheel doesn’t have a jewel on cap for the chrono wheel, here is a pics, on the left there is a jewel in and right not, on the gen there’s a jewel, could explain why some of the noob 4130 doesn’t reset perfectly to 12, I have noticed that on the V2
638649d266bb55fab44d71f427bf1066.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15

Mine lasted two days. Now an attractive looking, albeit expensive paperweight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk