• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen 5711 case , bracelet and movement

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Is there someone whom I can buy a gen 5711 case, bracelet, crown and movement? And hands of course.

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
Sorry don't have the bracelet, but
What youre wanting is beyond parts
Well, what he is asking for is not impossible. Like I mentioned, I do have a gen 5711 midcase, bezel, crystal, crown, clasp, dial, hands, movement, but all of that costed me a lot of money. Almost as much as the retail price of the 5711. The question is, are you willing to spend that kind of money. Most people want gen like watches at rep prices and that is beyond reasonable.

Reactions: Hesekiel and j21

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
hmmm.... I'm hoping the price is under a gen retail since I want to make my own dial for it.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Sorry don't have the bracelet, but

Well, what he is asking for is not impossible. Like I mentioned, I do have a gen 5711 midcase, bezel, crystal, crown, clasp, dial, hands, movement, but all of that costed me a lot of money. Almost as much as the retail price of the 5711. The question is, are you willing to spend that kind of money. Most people want gen like watches at rep prices and that is beyond reasonable.
Have you built it buddy? Sounds interesting. When the build is done, it's still a lot cheaper at gen retail than the grey market prices.

• Haha
Reactions: eBoy

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Have you built it buddy? Sounds interesting. When the build is done, it's still a lot cheaper at gen retail than the grey market prices.
No, I made this thread since I'm curious if the gen parts are available to be bought and who I can buy it from.

I feel that gen parts put together shouldn't cost more than gen retail.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Well if you had a parts account then you could get it at a more reasonable price (reasonable is relative because it would still be expensive), but still just like any other product, a manufactured whole piece is typically less expensive than the individual parts. This being said, if you're wanting to make a custom dial why would you want to use those expensive genuine components. You can buy an entire replica for a few hundred dollars and mess around with as much as you want and not have to worry about it.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Well if you had a parts account then you could get it at a more reasonable price (reasonable is relative because it would still be expensive), but still just like any other product, a manufactured whole piece is typically less expensive than the individual parts. This being said, if you're wanting to make a custom dial why would you want to use those expensive genuine components. You can buy an entire replica for a few hundred dollars and mess around with as much as you want and not have to worry about it.
Ah, is there someone in this forum that has a parts account?

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Yes your local AD
I'm always flabbergasted when Cheesy pops up with questions like that.

Why doesn't he just wear his several AP gens that he claimed in the past he owns? 😂

Confused The Interview GIF

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
I'm also struggling to understand this and I'm with @Rx4Time's reasoning, why buy gen parts to put an "own built" (?) dial in it?
That watch I like is out of production, even if it’s still around I doubt I’d be offered it And I prefer gens over reps for my collection.

So for this situation the only part that’ll be a rep is a reproduction of the dial, unless I can with some miracle find the dial, but 99% sure it’s not available.

So at least have the more common parts like the movement, case, crown, bracelet in gen.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Btw, what’s the difference between a gen case or bracelet vs a CNC done by a watchmaker that can really create one 1:1 ?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Let me float this thought... Perhaps pick up a current model (genuine) and swap in the desired dial. You gain several advantages, including the ability to have it serviced by the AD after reinstalling the original dial, no issues searching for parts, etc.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
All this will cost you much more than 20-25k, wich was the retail

More like 40 at least

Parts are following the price of the watch,and especially at restricted parts from Patek where the supply and demand is chaotic and at a watch like that wich is the king of hype...

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Only for the movement you will need at least 15k right now
Dial hands 10k if new?
25k and still we are not talking for case parts

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Let me float this thought... Perhaps pick up a current model (genuine) and swap in the desired dial. You gain several advantages, including the ability to have it serviced by the AD after reinstalling the original dial, no issues searching for parts, etc.
5711 is replaced by 5811. No more 5711.