• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fundraiser for OZ bushfire Victims. Raffle, CLOSED!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
The inter-fora Bushfire appeal raffle and auction.
f-wildfires-aus-cp-584.jpg

CLOSED AND THANKS

As anyone who has not been hiding in a cave for the last week knows by now there has been a natural disaster of an almost unimaginable size occurred here in Australia. The bush fires in Victoria have taken the lives of 181 people from newborns to the elderly. Seven thousand have been rendered totally homeless. There are now 1831 homes totally destroyed, countless more families have lost their outbuildings and their livelihoods. Graziers have no stock or feed for winter and many businesses have been razed to the ground taking an as yet untold number of jobs with them.

Here’s your chance to help!

With the blessing of the various admin teams I am running a monster raffle to aid the victims of this tragedy. This is running over rwg.cc, replica-watch-guide.net and replica-watch.info and repgeeks.
All monies raised will go direct to the official Australian Red Cross bushfire victims appeal fund. Thru the generosity of members from all the fora I have some nice little prizes to give away.

A Rolex single red Sub, PVD from Fakemaster
Wildfire%2520Raffle%25201.JPG

Two prizes of one Noobmariner each from Eurotimez, One black and one LV (green bezel)
noobmariner-green-713.jpg%3Ft%3D1234796730

These are as good as a noob gets folks. Famous Eurotimez QC and all.

http://www.eurotimez.com

A Rolex Date Just from your friend and mine WBK. Nice watch!
Australia003.jpg

Thanks Wacko! Now with a complete box set!

http://forum.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=44

A Movado Museum handwind from an anonymous donor.
Movado01.jpg%3Ft%3D1234796877

A Neonode N2 cell phone. Mint condition. A couple of weeks use only from jmarin.72
Details http://www.neonode.com/en-us/products/n2/details/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neonode These things are Da Bomb folks!
details.jpg

This is a handy pick up for the dedicated poster. A Logitech diNovo Edge re-chargeable wireless keyboard/mouse thanks to Whoosh70.
470.1.0.jpg

Folks, thesehave a RRP of 139GBP! Thats 197USD! Possibily THE greatest key board money can buy. Appart from being a great KB it's a work of art!

Two crystal AR jobs in Chieftang’s next AR run (two separate prizes of one AR job each, one of which will be a prize for the book buyers draw.)
av-722.jpg

http://www.rwg.cc/members/chieftang-s-AR-service-f177.html

Two hand made wooden pens from RWI's token female AHW676. One on the book buyers list, the other in the general prize list.
What a chance guys! Made with her own hands. She did offer nudie pics but I thought these were more in keeping with the high standeds of RWI
:roll:
rP1040853.jpg

How about a classic black Mont Blanc?
Australia011.jpg

Thanks again to WBK! He realy is wacko folks! Fastest ConUS delivery you can get. The king of the cheapies.

One last minute prize. Two hand made pens from Graman over at RWG1.1. His dad makes these. One in Jarrah and one in Olive wood. Nice arn't they?
DSC04037.jpg

Now here's a prize money just can't buy. A set of Opperation Iraqi Freedom patches! You guys are lucky I'm honest :) I'd just about kill for these.
Many thanks to SFA437 over at RepGeeks for donateing these.

100_1472.jpg

A set of watchmakers tools from an anonymous donor.

ToolKit.jpg

Two sets of two dress shirts from Kenberg (two separate prizes of two shirts each, one of which will be a prize in the book buyers draw)
These are the Paul Smiths. One of these and one Armarni per prize. Note:all four are to suit a 15.5" neck. If they don't fit they'll make great gifts!

ps1001ei7.jpg

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Bergies-f127.html

In addition to the above there are three auctions being run at http://www.rwg.cc the proceeds of which will go to the Red Cross fund.

Auction one: The last ever FXandy strap. This is the very last strap FXandy will ever make so this is your last chance to own one of the best.
DSC00841.jpg

http://www.rwg.cc/members/support-tragedy-Austr-t92009.html

Auction two: A brand new BCE V2 un-worn, donated by Lanikai

Link and pic to be added on start of auction.

Auction three: A genuine Detroit Lions NFL jersey, the real deal donated by Patinga. "Hello Sports Fans!!! Up for bid is a Detroit Lions Mitchell & Ness autographed Barry Sanders Jersey. This is the top of the line jersey with sewn on numbers and letters. It was signed in person by Barry during his 2004 induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It comes with the Induction program and the bag from the Hall of Fame. This is a tremendous and rare piece I am donating to help our friends in Australia.
http://www.rwg.cc/members/Autographed-Barry-Sanders-t92184.html#entry614507
Jersey.jpg

How will it work?

Simple, tickets are five dollars each (the min donation at the Red Cross site) that’s five dollars Australian or as of last night 3.29USD, 2.28GBP or 2.54EUR Go here: https://www.redcross.org.au/Donations/onlineDonations.asp and make your donation via any credit card and you will receive an E-receipt. Email the E-receipt (or a cut and paste thereof) to [email:3owkj6hn][email protected][/email:3owkj6hn] Including your forum name and forum. This will be filed and the correct number of tickets will be issued. Your numbers will be emailed to you. When you have done so please post here and tell me so I can chk the mail box.
Buyers of five or more tickets will go into the book buyers draw.

The Draw.

Due to the multi prize nature of the raffle the usual method of using a state lottery is difficult so the draw will be conducted here in Queensland by an official, probably the local police sergeant. The draw will be videod and the video posted on my photo bucket site for verification by anyone wishing to do so.

The book buyers draw will happen first. One ticket per book from each of the book buyers will be used in this draw and then ALL these tickets (inc the two winners) will be added to the rest of the tickets and the remaining prizes drawn in the order above. There for: if you buy between five and nine tickets you have one chance in the book buyers draw, ten to fourteen, two chances, fifteen to nineteen, three chances etc.

Winners will be announced on all forums involved and notified by email and/or PM. The link to the video of the draw will be posted at this time. Prizes will be posted by the donor of the prize. The winners of the AR jobs are responsible for contacting Chieftang to arrange their work. Contact details will be provided with their notification of winning.

Anyone who promised something I have forgotten about please PM me, the last 24hrs have been flat out. Likewise anyone wanting to add a prize to the raffle or an auction please get in touch. In the interest of full transparency my mobile phone number is available upon request.

So come on folk, let’s make a real difference in lives that have been torn apart.

_45457907_damage_ge466.jpg

Many thanks to all who have donated prizes and helped out organising this appeal.

Hey folks, don't forget to post here when you make your donation. Apart from the fact you deserve a pat on the back for doing so I'l know it's time to chk emails!

Regards, Col
Trailboss99

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Re: Fundraiser for OZ bushfire Victims. The Great Inter-Fora Raf

UPDATE

All who have donated as of 05.50 GMT should have had tickets sent. If you have not PM me. We are working on the issue of paying by PP but it doesn't look good ATM. Most of us will have CC anyway.

KEEP DONATING!
What's 3.3USD? Hardly buys a beer does it? We don't care if you can only afford one ticket or 100.It all makes a difference! Due to the number of book buyers I feel that people are not giving small amounts 'cause they think it won't help. Nonsence! Even 5 bucks makes a difference and is as welcome as 50. Also, the Geeks are now in the lead for total donations! Shurly that's not on? Keep it comming folks, there's a whole swag of prizes our there to be won. See the main post for the start of the auction for the NFL jersey. It's at 50 bucks ATM. The jersey itself is worth 300 and it's signed!

Many thanks to all who have donated so far. Give yourselvs a pat on the head. And more of you post here when you do please? It looks like no one is giving!

Reagrds, Col.

36anne63

Known Member
7/1/09

Hi there Trailboss,

Wow this is a really nice thing to do, I made a donation but not to the red cross.
My heart goes to the animals, I can`t help it that`s the only reason I want to give money.
I guess I feel that animals don`t get a chance to flee like people do. We put up fences and block the way to freedom, or they don`t leave their young and die together in the fire.

Thank you for doing this and bringing the bush fires to our attention.

Donatiegegevens

Bevestigingsnummer: 4H636337PT392945S
Donatiebedrag: $XX.XX USD
Totaal: $XX.XX USD
Doel: Urgent Bushfre Appeal
Referentie: BF09
Iemand die een bijdrage doet: XXXXXXXX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gegevens van ontvanger

Coördinator van donaties: Wildlife Victoria
E-mail contactpersoon: [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06

this is a board approved event. You have our prayers and well wishes.

PHicks

Renowned Member
29/8/08

I've been trying but after I submit it says it failed and try again. I tried twice with the same response. I then switched from Mastercard to Visa and bingo, it took it. Unfortunately Bank of America called me to say they had stopped my card! All sorted now.

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07

Mastercard worked ok for me. Well done Col...

PHicks

Renowned Member
29/8/08

It turns out that the first time I submitted I had incorrectly selected the expiration date; by the time I re-entered all the details Mastercard had already canceled my card. My fault I guess. Now I had 2 credit card companies calling me; one for the incorrectly entered date and the other one for a suspicious transaction. Not sure that too many credit card thieves steal your details so they can give your money to charity but procedures have to be followed I guess.

Anyway all is good and I feel better for having donated. Good luck with the raffle/auction trailboss and a big 'thank you' to all the prize givers; my faith in human nature has been temporarily restored.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

Not sure that too many credit card thieves steal your details so they can give your money to charity
:lol:

Thanks for the responce so far guys, it's great! Little ole RWG1.1 is actualy leading the charge tho. You ain't gunna let THAT happen are you? :)

If anyone wants to link to this thread in their sig that will help get the word out.

Col.

36anne63

Known Member
7/1/09

Hey guys come on ... join in.....look at the cool prizes you can win.

Anne-marie

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Re: Fundraiser for OZ bushfire Victims.Win stuff, 4 watches+more

In regards of a finish date for this it has been decided that it willl end at 2400 hrs AEDT, next Sunday 22nd February 2009. I will have the draw on either the monday or tuesday following depending on availabilty of a suitable person to draw it.

Thanks and regards, Col.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07

I'll be here if you need me.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

I'll need you. I'll have an adress to send you by the wednesday after so you can mail some lucky bugger his new FakeyMarriner!

Col.

whoosh70

Known Member
30/11/08

Donation made for a very worthy cause........

Just to bump up the interest and hopefully bring the cash flooding in, i'd like to donate a prize to the fund...

Col - PM on it's way with details......

jeffmtbr

Known Member
26/1/09

I'm in for the book buyers draw.
I think I've done everything correctly.

psmot

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/09

I'm in for the book buyers draw. A true tragedy. Best of luck TrailBoss, thanks for trying to make a difference!

spider87

Known Member
9/2/09

I want to donate... but I don't want my CC to be killed off lol and I only have 9.94 USD in paypal so I can't even simply pay in paypal that amount converts to about 15.17 AU but I was looking to do a little more than that (I am part time so I'm not loaded but this is a damn good cause)

EDIT: No i'm not making excuse I'm just trying to figure out a plan of action haha

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07

Well I hope ther are more participating than it looks like.

PHicks

Renowned Member
29/8/08

Come on boys and girls it's time to get your credit card out. Apart from Sconehead and 36Anne63 we have 3 RWI newcomers, that have a total post count of 63, that are taking the lead here. That's not a good example of RWI's community spirit. Trailboss has gone to an enormous amount of trouble to set this up and so the least we can do is support him. If you're worried about your CC getting deactivated then give them a call first or do what I did and wait for them to call you. It's no big deal.

I live deep in the woods and dread the day that my house and everything within 30 miles of me is burnt to a frazzle. This is not like you're average annual wildfire that occurs around the world; this is one serious situation that has devastated the lives of thousands and thousands of people.

surviber

Horology Curious
25/1/09

I was looking to buy another rep... but that can wait now.. money sent
Spider87 it doesn't matter send 3 or 6 US send what you can it all adds up. Let me ask you a question..if a person is homeless,no food ,no money, no hope and help came and you were feed and clothed and housed do you think they would care that you only gave 5.00 are do you think they would be thankful.If all our member just sent 5.00AU that would be a nice sum. Let's see for those in the US we're talking about giving up 1 starbuck coffee or a pack of cigarette's, 1 drink at the bar,a 6 pack, that strap you were about to buy etc..... It's not how much it's just do it. Thanks for the post Col

For all the senior members of this board yes the noobs are beating u are you going to take it laying down?

that makes 4 newcomers PHicks