• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Frankenstein | Breitling Navitimer A23322 Rep. + Gen. 7753 Movement

superduperbambam

Horology Curious
25/7/20
Hi!
I have a Navitimer A23322 Replica (Asian 7750, non sunken date, working chrono) and would like to put a genuine ETA Valjoux 7753 inside.

Would it fit??
Thanks! ????

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Your minute counter (3 o clock sub dial) works?
I believe it will work for a BP factory rep because the spacing is accurate. Not too sure how accurate any other versions of the a23322 are...

Someone else other than me wil be able to give a better answer though.

can you post a pic of your rep?

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
How did you fix the minute counter??
because your link is the BP version and the BP does not have an operational minute counter and it’s the only rep with the non sunken date wheel. But this is why the minute counter doesn’t work... Bc it’s a 7750 and they didn’t add the extra gear... the just kept a good date wheel...
Does your rep have a red chrono stick?
Does the back say ab0120 or a23322?

superduperbambam

Horology Curious
25/7/20
How did you fix the minute counter??
because your link is the BP version and the BP does not have an operational minute counter and it’s the only rep with the non sunken date wheel. But this is why the minute counter doesn’t work... Bc it’s a 7750 and they didn’t add the extra gear... the just kept a good date wheel...
Does your rep have a red chrono stick?
Does the back say ab0120 or a23322?

Oh, you’re totally right, sorry! The minute counter at 3 doesn’t work, I remembered it wrong. It must be the BP version then.

The stick itself is bare metal, only the top arrow is painted red.

superduperbambam

Horology Curious
25/7/20
Slanglican The back says A23322, you are right it's the BP Version without the hour counter.

Do you think the gen ETA 7753 will fit in the metal case and dial? Also, do you maybe know if one can exchange the date dial from the rep to the gen? :)
best regards

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Slanglican The back says A23322, you are right it's the BP Version without the hour counter.

Do you think the gen ETA 7753 will fit in the metal case and dial? Also, do you maybe know if one can exchange the date dial from the rep to the gen? :)
best regards

Man there’s some people who know more than me but yea you ought to be able to drop a gen 7753 in it. The spacing is also right on the BP version dial.. and yeah I’m sure you could swap the date too. The date wheel on the BP is great man!! Everything is great about that rep except the minute counter and the hands..

Bachluong

Horology Curious
5/3/19
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...8476237-just-another-franken-navitimer-a23322
​​​​​​
After taking on this project myself, here is a quick summary for those who need:

------------------------------------------

BP01 (a23322):

Rep case, dial and stem fit OK with ETA7753.
​​​
Rep movement is a modified A7750, it's date wheel will NOT fit ETA7753, so you are stuck with whatever date wheel it came with.

Rep crown and rep hands are not visually correct and would need to be sourced out (not easy).

Also, a gen Breitling Caliber 23 movement is very hard to come by in a good price, so you most likely will use a Hamilton H31 instead (they are all ETA7753 variation with same dimension).

Have fun, :)

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Rep case, dial and stem fit OK with ETA7753.
​​​
Rep movement is a modified A7750, it's date wheel will NOT fit ETA7753, so you are stuck with whatever date wheel it came with.

Rep crown and rep hands are not visually correct and would need to be sourced out (not easy).

Also, a gen Breitling Caliber 23 movement is very hard to come by in a good price, so you most likely will use a Hamilton H31 instead (they are all ETA7753 variation with same dimension).

Have fun, :)

Yes, the Hamilton version is the cheapest and most abundant, but even now they are getting expensive.

Did you ever solve your date wheel issue?

Bachluong

Horology Curious
5/3/19
^ I gave up on the quest of searching for a correct date wheel even before the project.

As already being clarified in some other threads, the datewheel of ETA7753 is not interchangable with datewheel on ETA7750 or A7750 or any of it's modified variant due to small differences in dimension. To make matters even more complicated, Buying a gen B23 does not guarantee you to have the correct A23322 datewheel either:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/193599149977

The datewheel that you see on the B23 above does not have the correct number orientation of A23322.

So basically, in order to build a super rep A23322, one would have to find a B23 movement that specifically came off a gen A23322. Now I think I have a better chance at winning lottery than that haha

Last edited:

superduperbambam

Horology Curious
25/7/20
^ I gave up on the quest of searching for a correct date wheel even before the project.

As already being clarified in some other threads, the datewheel of ETA7753 is not interchangable with datewheel on ETA7750 or A7750 or any of it's modified variant due to small differences in dimension. To make matters even more complicated, Buying a gen B23 does not guarantee you to have the correct A23322 datewheel either:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/193599149977

The datewheel that you see on the B23 above does not have the correct number orientation of A23322.

So basically, in order to build a super rep A23322, one would have to find a B23 movement that specifically came off a gen A23322. Now I think I have a better chance at winning lottery than that haha

I had the intention to swap the movement for a good one since the A7750 just sucks, had so many problems with it and thought I could save the buy with a gen movement. It seems I have to let it go cause the different date font would be da dealbreaker for me. Thank you so much to clarify it for me, really appreciate it!

superduperbambam

Horology Curious
25/7/20
Just a follow up question, how did the date wheel differ exactly? Was is the teeth, or the inner/out diameter? :)

Energo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/4/18
I have inserted ETA7753 into A23322 repeatedly. From the A7750 date wheel, you need to separate the glued plate with numbers, then change the width of the disc on the laser equipment and stick the plate on the ETA7753 date wheel. Everything is done quickly and without problems)))

superduperbambam

Horology Curious
25/7/20
I have inserted ETA7753 into A23322 repeatedly. From the A7750 date wheel, you need to separate the glued plate with numbers, then change the width of the disc on the laser equipment and stick the plate on the ETA7753 date wheel. Everything is done quickly and without problems)))

You, my friend, give me hope hhahahah :,-)

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Hi! If you are still looking for genuine parts to complete this build I may have a few left in my stock to help you out. Just send me a PM and list the parts you are looking for and I can make a reservation sale if they are available. Unfortunately I have no dial but, bezel, glass, hands and crowns i have a few left. Regards
Santre

KEV87iwc

Renowned Member
23/6/17
Hi,

I have a complete assembly(glas, bezel, sliderule)and crown if you are interested

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A715F met Tapatalk

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
neon_7 maybe you can make more sense of this than I can