• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First watch bought with Ryan, not working after winding.

LRBuys

Looking Around
16/2/23
Netherlands
Hello, this is my first post on this forum. Unfortunately not a positive one so far in my case.

Yesterday I received the Omega Seamaster 300 watch but it isn’t working after winding.

Does anyone have any clue what the problem could be? I did wear the watch for a couple of minutes just to move the winding mechanism but it’s still not working. I did try to wind the watch manually but it won’t start.

Further the watch is looking great and exactly spot on so I hope that the watch will work soon.

I hope that someone has a solution for me.

dangerdan3

Renowned Member
3/12/20
Welcome to the forum, it’s a shame that this is your first post after joining in February. You will need to provide all the details and some pictures of the watch (what factory, which movement, how are you trying to wind it).

Reactions: TESLA760

Grapeshot

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
10/3/18
Wales, UK
Your first action is to report it to InTime. However they may ask you to return it to them, which is not a great idea. See if Ryan is happy for you to take it to a rep friendly watchsmith and see if it is something that can be sorted relatively easily. You could also ask Ryan if he will contribute to the cost of correcting it or offer a discount on a future purchase as compensation.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
^^ take it to someone local to at least open it up and give it a look. Might be a common case of
“ loose clamp screw in the balance”. A lot can happen in shipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winni1611

LRBuys

Looking Around
16/2/23
Netherlands
I’m sorry, I’m kind of new to posting on forums etc. Of course I can provide you with those details, pictures and information.

The factory is Z Factory and the movement is ‘Asian 2824 automatic movement decorated to Omega 8800 movement’.

I did try to wind the watch by pull the crown out in position one and wind it forwards to give it power. After that I wear and shake the watch but still nothing was happening.

I already contacted Ryan but in the meantime I thought maybe someone over here knows what’s wrong. For the good I’m still a happy customer and don’t want to ‘blame’ anyone for this. I purely posted this hoping that someone knows what I could do.

dangerdan3

Renowned Member
3/12/20
A2824 is an easy movement to spot. Does your watch have a clear caseback? Take some pics of the movement, maybe someone can spot a loose screw

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Hello, this is my first post on this forum. Unfortunately not a positive one so far in my case.

Yesterday I received the Omega Seamaster 300 watch but it isn’t working after winding.

Does anyone have any clue what the problem could be? I did wear the watch for a couple of minutes just to move the winding mechanism but it’s still not working. I did try to wind the watch manually but it won’t start.

Further the watch is looking great and exactly spot on so I hope that the watch will work soon.

eboy-ralph.gif

Hello and WELCOME to RWI from the official reception desk team!

You are receiving this reply either because you posted in the "New members say hi" section or because I spotted one of your first posts elsewhere. In the latter case, please consider going to the aforementioned section and introduce yourself.

If you haven't already, please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members section (all subsections) as they contain information for newbies and most importantly our forum rules! In particular, please take note of our sales rules, because as a brand new member, you will be —under any circumstances— NOT yet eligible to sell.

A good starting point is this list of resources on RWI:

Also, this please take a look at this sticky thread:

If you need further help, please feel free to contact me or @Feefo!

We're always happy to help, but please allow some time for PM responses as we have lifes outside of RWI!

[Please note that this is NOT an automated message!]

Reactions: LRBuys

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia

Did you give it a good and substantial shake?

Reps often don't operate as smoothly as their genuine counterparts.

I have 2 or 3 Automatic reps that would never in a million years start if I just manually wind them via the crown and don't give them a relatively gentle, but still generous shake. For at least 5 to 10 seconds. Sometimes they need more than that. If that still did not help, trying now manually winding per crown (after you shaked it).

Try that. I think there's a 85-90% chance that this may work.

Reactions: LRBuys and Route66

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
PS: If you're out of luck and in the 10-15% cases where there is indeed a malfunction, I think —like somebody already hinted— a screw or another part came lose during transport and is stuck somewhere and halting the entire system.

Mechanical watch movements are extremely delicate and a microscopicly small screw stuck in between somewhere is enough to block the entire operation.

The good thing is that this is a relatively easy fix for a watchmaker. Talk to Ryan to negotiate that they pay for a local repair rather than sending it back to China. Official RWI policy is that we do not recommend returns to China as many shipments get seized due to things like poorly made customs declaration or wrong choice of parcel services etc.

Route66

24/4/21
I agree with @eBoy : 5 turns of the crown are not sufficient to give enough power to start my ZF SMP.
Lots of inertia's and internal frictions, I suppose.
A gentle shake is further required, and/or additional turns.

Reactions: eBoy

terryle89

Looking Around
4/8/23
USA
I send him 2,3 email but he never reply back to me any updated after i paid for the watch

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
I send him 2,3 email but he never reply back to me any updated after i paid for the watch
Did you use the contact information from RWI or did you Google Intime?. If you used the Google way ya might have just pissed away the money. Being a member here for 20 minutes you probably didn't have the time to read all the sticky threads in the new member section. @Feefo will be a long shortly and guide you in the right direction. How did you hear about this site?.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Thanks for the tag @asusundevils1971 .

@terryle89 you can pm me if you like, but that is not outside of the norm, there's many members in the same situation (one pm'd me yesterday for the very same thing). Waiting one, two or more weeks happens. Rumors about raids continue being spread, don't know how true, but regardless, if you ordered from the real Ryan, you are safe. On the other hand, it seems you have just signed up here, so if any problems arise along the way, RWI won't give you the support given to members who sign up before ordering.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Oh, moreover

Hi and welcome to RWI! Glad you found your way here.

Please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members area (all subsections), learn the basic forum rules and get some very good advice in the process. A number of questions has already been answered there, this is just an example:

As a new subscriber, you've already been directed to this thread, please read carefully and look through the linked additional threads:

Another good thread to read to understand where RWI comes from and some fundamentals is this:

Most of the information you need to know to start is there. If you're preparing to buy, read the stickies before ordering. When you're finished, you can continue learning by reading the stickies in all remaining sections. If it's stickied, it's important information.

If you intend to sell, read the sales rules and all stickies in the sales section with particular care and make sure you understand each single rule. Sales rules infraction is taken very seriously here. As a new member you are not eligible to sell. Using the sales section is a privilege, eligibility must be earned, make sure you know and understand how.

For anything else, feel free to reach out to @eBoy or me, we're happy to assist, advise, direct, explain. Don't hesitate.

This forum is a treasure trove of information and benefits from the engagement of all members who take their time to share their knowledge, help each other out and have some fun. We hope that you'll benefit and enjoy this platform as well as contribute positively to it.

If at any point you feel to contribute also on another level, feel free to pm the boss (trailboss99) to become a supporter and get some little perks with the status (editing rights, for example).

Enjoy the forum.

Reactions: eBoy