• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First time ordering a rep, chose Hont because of pricing

TinusTPE

Horology Curious
1/3/24
Hello guys,

Finally pulled the trigger with a watch. Been a long time lurker and finally ended up choosing to buy from Hont, just because of the better price point. Time will tell if price should be the sole defining factor in chosing a rep.
I originally asked Hont for an Omega VSF Worldtimer Titanium but then changed my choice to a safer option, the Tudor Black Pelagos XF A2824V5.

Made the "mistake" of asking for a watch right before CNY (I live in Taiwan, it's not like I don't know what it's like during CNY lol) so my timeline is a bit weird:

Jan 24: asked for the watch, got an answer 3 hours later with price and a 3-day turnaround for the QC. I paid right away.
Jan 28: received QC pics and shared them on Reptime for advice. Got slashed because of SEL gaps and tilted markers. Unaware of the tilted marker standard issue on Pelagos, I followed the advice of Reptime folks and RLd the watch.
Notice: Hont warned me that he didn't have another Pelagos ready and that I will probably have to wait a while to get a new one, which I accepted.
Feb. 27: Hont is back from CNY break on Feb. 22 but it still took some time to receive new QC pics. Finally received pictures on that day and decided not to ask Reptime for QC since the new one had the same style of tilted markers. Only "issue" i could find was the accuracy of +/-10 s/d that I asked Hont to regulate for me. Not sure if that was a good move but hey, first timer mistakes, right?
Today, March 3: waiting on Hont's news about finishing to regulate the accuracy of the watch.

Will keep posting/editing to keep you guys posted!

Cheers,

Quentin

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16

TinusTPE

Horology Curious
1/3/24
Got a feedback from Hont after the watch was regulated.

Now waiting to actually have it in my hands!!

Reactions: rolex4me

TinusTPE

Horology Curious
1/3/24
Finally, i have received the Pelagos. What a beauty! Bit slow to travel from China to Taiwan compared to other products i bought there before but all in all, it's awesome.
I'd say the minor flaw with this watch (apart from the obvious tilted markers) is the bezel that is jiggling without having a real fixed position. But i'll live with it!!
My understanding is that i'm allowed some pictures now so here are just a few:

Lume is really great on this one, very happy with my choice!

FYI, I've already ordered two more watches from Hont, a VSF Omega Worldtimer and a VSF Aqua Terra! Already had QC pics, waiting for the watches to be regulated now (they were +22s/d and +19s/d)

Thanks for reading me!

Cheers,

Quentin