• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First TD Purchase! :)

ILuvTheCLock

Known Member
23/7/17
Well, last night after lurking for months, and occasionally interacting with the chatbox folks. I sent an email to Mr. S (lol, I don't know why I like calling him Mr. S....but it's Sead) Asked about availability of an Omega Planet Ocean LMPOv4. Got a response very quickly, and Mr. S helped me out in selecting a payment method and shipping costs (and was really quick in responding!!! S is my new hero!!)

Made payment, and approved QC pics!! Awaiting shipping confirmation :)

The only thing I noticed was the word Omega and Seamaster looks like it is slanted....and I can totally live with that. Here are the QC pics....I am happy :)

The question of the day....Did I pick a good one? (I think I did!!! But I LOVE Seiko's and they don't even have aligned bezels!!!) :) Is this going to be a step up from my Seiko Monster? I have confidence that I will be able to regulate it (If need be) and I will be able to make the bracelet operate smoothly (I have a Ginault Ocean Rover...it needed some TLC when I got it....it is now a butter smooth beast!!!)

Also, a pic of my current collection :) Just for fun, with a cheap kit lens for my Canon T5i (low end camera...don't judge!!!)

qJZC5Gx.jpg
SkymQKV.jpg
75G6LIU.jpg
GNb3gkc.jpg
cvLuU7m.jpg
cIiGHZc.jpg
44ZG0oe.jpg

gigi264

16/8/14
Nice! He did not send me that last picture when i made my order so i supose my ordered watch is losing lots of seconds lol

Sent from the RWI App

ILuvTheCLock

Known Member
23/7/17
I am hoping it fits in my small collection!! I was ecstatic to get the timegrapher shot!! Maybe you have to be a supporter!!! :) (when I first found this place months ago, someone told me to become a supporter and I will see that everything runs smoother) I have actually found myself learning more on this site than the Watchuseek forum (which also has good information) If you are happy with your watch, I would definitely think about becoming a supporter!! (Plus since becoming a supporter, women have been throwing themselves at me like crazy!!! Coincidence? I think not!!!) :p

How long ago did you place your order? Did you get the tracking information yet? Feel free to toss up some pics in this thread when you get it!! I have never seen the real one, so I won't be disappointed with the rep!!! :) I hope you enjoy your watch when it arrives!!!

ILuvTheCLock

Known Member
23/7/17
I used to buy tennis racquets off a guy in the Netherlands!!! I got a rare prostock frame from Rotterdam!!! :) It seems like an awesome place!!!

gigi264

16/8/14
I am hoping it fits in my small collection!! I was ecstatic to get the timegrapher shot!! Maybe you have to be a supporter!!! :) (when I first found this place months ago, someone told me to become a supporter and I will see that everything runs smoother) I have actually found myself learning more on this site than the Watchuseek forum (which also has good information) If you are happy with your watch, I would definitely think about becoming a supporter!! (Plus since becoming a supporter, women have been throwing themselves at me like crazy!!! Coincidence? I think not!!!) [emoji14]

How long ago did you place your order? Did you get the tracking information yet? Feel free to toss up some pics in this thread when you get it!! I have never seen the real one, so I won't be disappointed with the rep!!! :) I hope you enjoy your watch when it arrives!!!
I received tracking number 3 days ago, it's my 3rd order from sead...sure i will post some pics when arrive, here is one from qc..the pearl was covered with white glue or paint. He cleaned it so this picture pearl was not clean
4b517edc4fbaf8b15018fbf068718c5f.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Well, last night after lurking for months, and occasionally interacting with the chatbox folks. I sent an email to Mr. S (lol, I don't know why I like calling him Mr. S....but it's Sead) Asked about availability of an Omega Planet Ocean LMPOv4. Got a response very quickly, and Mr. S helped me out in selecting a payment method and shipping costs (and was really quick in responding!!! S is my new hero!!)

Made payment, and approved QC pics!! Awaiting shipping confirmation :)

The only thing I noticed was the word Omega and Seamaster looks like it is slanted....and I can totally live with that. Here are the QC pics....I am happy :)

The question of the day....Did I pick a good one? (I think I did!!! But I LOVE Seiko's and they don't even have aligned bezels!!!) :) Is this going to be a step up from my Seiko Monster? I have confidence that I will be able to regulate it (If need be) and I will be able to make the bracelet operate smoothly (I have a Ginault Ocean Rover...it needed some TLC when I got it....it is now a butter smooth beast!!!)

Also, a pic of my current collection :) Just for fun, with a cheap kit lens for my Canon T5i (low end camera...don't judge!!!)

qJZC5Gx.jpg
SkymQKV.jpg
75G6LIU.jpg
GNb3gkc.jpg
cvLuU7m.jpg
cIiGHZc.jpg
44ZG0oe.jpg
Congrats on your first purchase. You will love it. It won’t be as sturdy as your Seiko but it’s a very nice rep. Make sure you test it before you get it in water.

gigi264

16/8/14
Congrats on your first purchase. You will love it. It won’t be as sturdy as your Seiko but it’s a very nice rep. Make sure you test it before you get it in water.
It's my 3rd from sead, my nr1 dealer!

Sent from the RWI App

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
It's my 3rd from sead, my nr1 dealer!

Sent from the RWI App
Sorry. I assumed your reference to “lurking for months” meant this was your first watch. Just don’t expect it to be as bullet proof as your monster.

ILuvTheCLock

Known Member
23/7/17
Lol, I think you are mixing us up (there are two of us. I am the OP, and the other netherlands guy just happened to be the first to comment)

I have the Monster!!! (soon to have a Seamaster Planet Ocean!!!) It is my first purchase!!!) :)

Thank you to all, despite the slight mixup :)

gigi264

16/8/14
Lol, I think you are mixing us up (there are two of us. I am the OP, and the other netherlands guy just happened to be the first to comment)

I have the Monster!!! (soon to have a Seamaster Planet Ocean!!!) It is my first purchase!!!) :)

Thank you to all, despite the slight mixup :)
Omg...ha ha..thanks!

Sent from the RWI App

ILuvTheCLock

Known Member
23/7/17
Just to update this thread....funny story. I chose Western Union, and for days we have been emailing each other, and the money hasn't been available. I started worrying that I did something wrong with WU, and it was going to be an expensive lesson learned. Luckily Sead is awesome!!! He figured out what was wrong. When I sent him the Tracking number for WU, I transposed two of the numbers!! Needless to say, I feel like an idiot :( But luckily for me, he figured it out.

Hopefully it will be shipped out soon, and I will be posting some pics!!! So far, I have nothing but great things to say about my experience with Supermirrors! (I would love to find out why they chose the name Supermirrors....probably an interesting story behind it)

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
@ILuvTheCLock you chose a great first replica, no doubt.

The lume won't be as strong as the seiko. The movement may or may not be as reliable, but with a service or swap to a swiss eta and it will be. The crown and tube may not be as reliable or may wear out prematurely, but if you swap to an omega criwn and tube at any point it will be. The clasp may or may not be as smooth and secure, the divers extension might be loose. But you can fix the divers extension and swap an omega clasp spring in.

I think you will be very happy with the watch.

As was said , don't submerge it in water without it being tested first. But there's no reason it cannot be tested for 100 meter resistance.

Before you try and size the bracelet this first:
Remove the braceket from the watch, ultrasonic bath to clean the factory dirt and dust. To resize it you will need a bracelet block, watchsmith hammer, and pin tools. Spend the money on the high quality tools as the cheap ones will simply break on you. Read and watch tutorials on how to resize that specific bracelet. Follow the arrows and take care that the tubes also have an up and down.

Sent from the RWI App

ILuvTheCLock

Known Member
23/7/17
I am glad that you said something!!! Where would you look to get the watch block, hammer and pin tools? I want to order them tonight so that they are here before (or at least by the same day as the watch arrives!!) Thank you @Maron :) (I would rather get better tools, and be able to use them whenever) I can google it, but if you know of a good place, I am all for going with the best option.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I am glad that you said something!!! Where would you look to get the watch block, hammer and pin tools? I want to order them tonight so that they are here before (or at least by the same day as the watch arrives!!) Thank you @Maron :) (I would rather get better tools, and be able to use them whenever) I can google it, but if you know of a good place, I am all for going with the best option.
I think a lot of people use ofrei

Sent from the RWI App

ILuvTheCLock

Known Member
23/7/17
Wow, I didn't realize that they sold all this stuff!!! Thank you, this is awesome!! Lol, I am going to have an Omega sent to me piece by piece :hehehe:

ILuvTheCLock

Known Member
23/7/17
kEy8jeA.jpg

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my LMPOv4 :) I hope this will be enough to size the bracelet (I always wanted a tiny hammer anyway!!) :) I should be able to handle it, I sized my Seiko Monster bracelet (pin and collar) and survived

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
kEy8jeA.jpg

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my LMPOv4 :) I hope this will be enough to size the bracelet (I always wanted a tiny hammer anyway!!) :) I should be able to handle it, I sized my Seiko Monster bracelet (pin and collar) and survived
It's easy when you use the correct tools.

I sized a monster bracelet the other week after reading all the online posts about how difficult it is. It wasn't

Sent from the RWI App

ILuvTheCLock

Known Member
23/7/17
Thank you for letting me know what to get!!! It will be very useful in the future. I am hoping to become a hobbyist watchmaker, and slowly acquiring tools to help. I need to order a good set of screwdrivers next. I will be servicing a movement soon enough!!! (My current goal)