• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How often do you reject QC?

elusive1

I'm Pretty Popular
5/12/15
Eagerly awaiting delivery of my first order, and unfortunately rejected QC on two watches today.

On Pam 389, the 12, 5, 10, 15 bezel pip / markers didn't line up with the lume batons on the dial. At first I thought the bezel just needed to be rotated one click to the left, but the pip / markers on 30, 35, 40, 45 etc were lined up with the dial fine.

On Seamaster 300 MC, there was a hair / black thread right in the middle of the 10 minute lume triangle, clear as day.

Just wanted to know what everyone elses experiences have been, and if I am being too picky? As I said this is my first order and I'm new to the rep world.

Also, neither set of QC pics included lume shots, is this normal?

arniebol

7/10/15
I have also rejected two watches from the QC!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

arniebol

7/10/15
This was the first watch I rejected, the marker at 12 was completly out of line!

0fa7089456511f007034098a52263140.jpg

And that was the second one, where the marker at 12 was a bit away from line, but the marker at 6 o'clock was away as well!

Couldn't accept that for a 600Dollar Watch!

7a07e64086dade9da20521a7b06233d7.jpg

elusive1

I'm Pretty Popular
5/12/15
This is the 389 I rejected due to bezel misalignments and poor crownguard cut out. Am I too picky?

ce31878065d3dc8640d3c31c1fe2dff6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

paulox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/7/15
Looks off to me too, but sometimes is the angle of the picture taken, you can ask them to take some more pictures at different angles before rejecting it.

Desmosidici

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/15
Same delimna with my last order. I asked TD to retake a new set of pics just to be sure it's wasn't the photo angles.
Crossing fingers it is just that.
Before that I had rejected a Pam from a different TD cause the lug screw was clearly marked.

I guess asking them politely about concerns would somewhat eliminate the concerns of awkwardness.

ortho

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/8/12
I rejected the same watch 3 times and I must say that as long as you explain why, and dont have unrealistic expectstions I think its legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiz1

Renowned Member
9/11/15
When you reject the QC, does the TD get a replacement from the factory or you cancel the order?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PAM1983

I'm Pretty Popular
6/4/15
Ive never rejected a watch due the mutual understanding from my TD knowing that I expect nothing but perfection...or so called perfection. lol

elusive1

I'm Pretty Popular
5/12/15
New set of pics still look like poor alignment. Asked them nicely to please get me a different one.

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
That 389 does look strange. Why the top right quadrant looks so bad and the other 3 quadrants look perfectly aligned is beyond me, unless the bezel was mis-printed by the factory. I would definitely ask for another piece as this is way too noticeable to accept. Be sure to clearly state the reason for rejecting, and highlight the area on the photo if you have the capability.

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
When you reject the QC, does the TD get a replacement from the factory or you cancel the order?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You get another one from the factory.

I have never rejected a watch for any issue, I did send the TD back to the factory once because he got the wrong strap, but that is it.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
You should be more tolerant with QC pics. Despite the price, they are reps, well made but with few quality control. With a detailed observation and study of MACRO pics you will always find some flaws
Be sure that your watch always will have some little wrong details, mainly with MACRO pics.

Bear in mind that maybe the issues could be even hidden, and that would be worse.
To get a visually “perfect” watch is not a guarantee of a watch without other more important problems. THIS IS A BIT LOTTERY

Sorry to be so clear

ALE

D

d4m.test

My approach is simple and pragmatic: in my hand/in real life it never took more than 2 concentrated minutes to tell if the watch is overall wrong or overall right (without nitpicking). It´s not something specific You see, it´s something You just sense/feel if in the overall context something looks wrong.
Any TD who handled 1000th of watches can do this better than me - so I expect him to do so.
Some do, some don´t. Some just have staff that rather wants to go home fast and just doesn´t care.
It´s not the TD´s fault, it´s lacking qc in the factory and 1 in 10 will always be exceptionally good and another exceptionally bad. What the TD can do (and some do) is at least take a look at it before sending the qc-pics for Your evaluation. What happens in western culture (and on m2m) is that You get asked if You want to have it with a discount of 20% or 30% when it´s flawed.

You are paying for the watch, so if You see misaligned markers etc., be kind, but reject. Once You see a flaw, You just can´t "unsee" it, on m2m it will be worth a lot less than the 20% You are discounting anyway, to fix it locally will be $100 to $300 plus posting plus waiting as first the movement has to be removed to even have access to the dial etc.

Arniebols first I´d have accepted, the second not, the PAM I´d have rejected as well.

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
I never want QC pics, they drive you nuts about details you'll never see with your own eyes. You'll need a macro shot, I just wear the watches.

I trust our dealers on their quality check and NEVER had a problem before.

When you buy a watch on Amazon @ 600€ you don't ask for QC pics either, huh? I'm not that picky myself...

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
If we do not reject for what we consider obvious quality flaws, what is going to drive the TD's and Manufacturers to do better? The more problems we accept, the more problems they are going to push off on us.

To me, that 389 photo is an obvious problem.

Personally, I have rejected one piece in the 20+ I have purchased. I ordered a sub and the QC photos showed a horrible mis-alignment of the pearl withing the triangle. It was either reject it or I would end up never wearing it.

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
If they make garbage, no one buys it here and it sells on the other less knowledgeable markets. If a TD constantly pedals crap they won't be a TD for long.

elusive1

I'm Pretty Popular
5/12/15
You should be more tolerant with QC pics. Despite the price, they are reps, well made but with few quality control. With a detailed observation and study of MACRO pics you will always find some flaws
Be sure that your watch always will have some little wrong details, mainly with MACRO pics.

Bear in mind that maybe the issues could be even hidden, and that would be worse.
To get a visually “perfect†watch is not a guarantee of a watch without other more important problems. THIS IS A BIT LOTTERY

Sorry to be so clear

ALE
Its ok ALE I was looking for honest feedback. thank you

elusive1

I'm Pretty Popular
5/12/15
Thanks everyone for the advice. I did not compare my QC pic to gens. I just compared it to the pics from the seller's site which had better alignment on the markers.