• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first super clone RM movement

fluffysanta

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/15
I have done a comparison of a gen Rm055 bubba with a CNC RM055 Bubba gen vaucher movement build. We are talking about a 30k+ Build. I would say it was 95% on point. You would really need to compare both movements side by side to notice the differences, and that is OCD level. The clone vauchers on the other hand, I would say are 85-90% accurate. Value you need to decide if it is worth it for you or not. I think soon enough the vaucher clone will be picked up by BBR etc for way less.

It will never be 100% on point though, no matter how much money. Gen is gen. However these RM builds are getting extremely accurate to the point that gen vaucher builds are being sold as naked gens, I have seen them circulating in gen watch trading groups unfortunately.
Thank a lot for your advice, can I have the link to the comparison you have done in case that is posted anywhere, I didn't know there is a gen Vaucher and a clone Vaucher, how do I know the difference when picking up, sorry if the question is too noobish, and thanks in advance.

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
Thank a lot for your advice, can I have the link to the comparison you have done in case that is posted anywhere, I didn't know there is a gen Vaucher and a clone Vaucher, how do I know the difference when picking up, sorry if the question is too noobish, and thanks in advance.
There are visual differences if you know what to look for but the most obvious is that clone has a regulator.

Panda

🐼
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
There was a video posted on here made by a Chinese dealer comparing both. I think they made it private now unfortunately

Zac

Horology Curious
7/9/20
Australia
Here is a video comparing the clone movement in the BBR, the clone vaucher and the genuine reworked vaucher: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV13z421y7FQ/?spm_id_from=333.337.search-card.all.click

Close up image of all 3 movements:

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Imho you should do your due diligence and research yourself if you're gonna drop 6 figures on a rep

And definitely do it from a source you trust. If you can't trust these guys or have to ask - do you really wanna be sending them 15k?

fluffysanta

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/15
Ive done a 5711 with them previously, the trust part is there, its just that i don't have enough information on these new vauchers as they are new and there does not seem to be enough info about them on threads. I just want to get the cleanest build out there for the money. Plus there is always the little language barrier when you are am early adapter before the td take on these

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
Ive done a 5711 with them previously, the trust part is there, its just that i don't have enough information on these new vauchers as they are new and there does not seem to be enough info about them on threads. I just want to get the cleanest build out there for the money. Plus there is always the little language barrier when you are am early adapter before the td take on these
I think that is gen vaucher not the clone but not 100% sure, if it is price should be above 20k.

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
22/4/13
Australia
I think that is gen vaucher not the clone but not 100% sure, if it is price should be above 20k.

We tend to overvalue what a real Gen movement actually costs from the factory. I know that a movement that costs over 4k CHF direct from the manufacturer has to start having some serious complications or finishing to start having a cost price over this amount. I know a Vaucher movement for this watch made by the company Chronode costs nowhere near 20k. Just my 2 cents

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
We tend to overvalue what a real Gen movement actually costs from the factory. I know that a movement that costs over 4k CHF direct from the manufacturer has to start having some serious complications or finishing to start having a cost price over this amount. I know a Vaucher movement for this watch made by the company Chronode costs nowhere near 20k. Just my 2 cents
Vaucher seeds are like $2k apiece wholesale but you usually need to buy at least 20. Start doing the math and you'll see that we're VASTLY overpaying vs what the movement is "worth", but seeing as you can't just roll up to Vaucher and buy a movement or 20 it skews the value proposition. We've seen BBR v1s and v3 sold as "exclusive custom clone" for thousands before, and it just keeps happening with every iteration before prices settle at normal amounts.

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
I know that as well but you can not buy from Vaucher if you don’t buy in bulk, they used to be a bit above 2k, I’m not justifying the 20k, just stating this goes for 20k+ in chinese market.

Reactions: sunrayminor

Timrm

24/4/18
So we have the 35 and 55 - 61, these are pretty much superclones. I’m wondering if we will soon see other movements beeing this close to gen.

Just ordered a 35-01, I’ll post detailed pictures once received.

notyouravgwatchconsumer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/10/22
So we have the 35 and 55 - 61, these are pretty much superclones. I’m wondering if we will soon see other movements beeing this close to gen.

Just ordered a 35-01, I’ll post detailed pictures once received.
Hey buddy looking forward to your complete build of the 35-01 man! What specs did you go with for this project ?

Timrm

24/4/18
Hey buddy looking forward to your complete build of the 35-01 man! What specs did you go with for this project ?
I’ve had a hard time deciding but I’ve gone with the Clone Vaucher and custom cnc case. The og vaucher is ~10-12k more and it wasn’t rly worth it in my eyes.

Reactions: Autobús