• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First rep purchase.. got seized :-))

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
So what happen now Will the TD send you another watch. Give you a discount? What will happen in these types of situations?
Update guys:

MR is going to send a new watch.

I'm going to send it to a friends house in the Netherlands. Am also going to ask for triangle shipping.

Just to be double safe! Can't risk it getting seized again :))

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

bas.1978

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/15
Breda the netherlands
I’m in the netherlands and had several watches been sent to me. From intime, and other td’s and also through DHL and i never had any trouble so far. And it went straight to me when shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
No, I had a general talk with a customs officer. Did not disclose my name or anything. Apparantly customs in Belgium does not care about counterfeit products whatsoever they just get destroyed.

It's the lawyers from Rolex who will ask for damages in a civil court. (possibly)

But how will Rolex find out? I mean you are in Belgium..... they are in Switzerland..... you never ordered the watch or know anything about the whole thing...… what can they do? Surely it's Rolex's bluff and they wouldn't waste time on this. But even if they did, maybe whatever they propose to fine you, you can make a counter offer (not an admission of guilt!) …. "just to make the matter go away"?

What have others done with Rolex when they got "seized"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Markw040

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
Just for anyone who lives in Australia, I have a friend who brings in fake watches, clothes and shoes FOR HIS OWN USE and has never had any trouble..... he still does it after the new Government G.S.T on goods coming from overseas under $1,000.

Reactions: Markw040

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Just for anyone who lives in Australia, I have a friend who brings in fake watches, clothes and shoes FOR HIS OWN USE and has never had any trouble..... he still does it after the new Government G.S.T on goods coming from overseas under $1,000.

Some countries are very lenient or not focused much on civil violations.

In the US on the other hand, any violation is a business especially if it can lead to a criminal charge. The authority, prosecutor, lawyer, judge, prison staff, prison food supplier are making money from crimes. It's a multi-million dollar business. US even has many privatized prisons. US has the highest prisoners among the first world nations. I am slightly exaggerating but it has true in it. A lot of people in the US make a lot of money of someone who is in trouble.

Reactions: vcappp

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
Some countries are very lenient or not focused much on civil violations.

In the US on the other hand, any violation is a business especially if it can lead to a criminal charge. The authority, prosecutor, lawyer, judge, prison staff, prison food supplier are making money from crimes. It's a multi-million dollar business. US even has many privatized prisons. US has the highest prisoners among the first world nations. I am slightly exaggerating but it has true in it. A lot of people in the US make a lot of money of someone who is in trouble.

But still, as I understand it, it's NOT illegal to BUY a fake..... it IS illegal to make and sell a fake?
Or is this only in the USA?
Besides, we don't have "trade wars" with China like you guys are having so, I guess, our customs aren't looking as hard as yours are at things from China?.

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
It’s illegal in the US. You can be accused trying to smuggle/import counterfeit goods with the intend to sell. You could be charged for a violation of intellectual property law (civil), lying to a federal agent (felony), tax evasion (felony) and trafficking scheme of illegal goods (felony).

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
It’s illegal in the US. You can be accused trying to smuggle/import counterfeit goods with the intend to sell. You could be charged for a violation of intellectual property law (civil), lying to a federal agent (felony), tax evasion (felony) and trafficking scheme of illegal goods (felony).

drastic

I am worrying about the fact that One of my packages is stuck at ISC New York since July 29, 2018. Still no news, no update, no mail, no notice, no email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
drastic

I am worrying about the fact that One of my packages is stuck at ISC New York since July 29, 2018. Still no news, no update, no mail, no notice, no email.

Have you checked with your local post office? They should be able to see what happens to your package.
As for my post about being charged by the authority, you don't need to be worried about it. Unless, you have multiple (more than 10) watches in the package, and this is not your first or second time.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Have you checked with your local post office? They should be able to see what happens to your package.
As for my post about being charged by the authority, you don't need to be worried about it. Unless, you have multiple (more than 10) watches in the package, and this is not your first or second time.

Thanks for your comment.

I already visited to a local USPS to check what is going on with my package stuck at ISC NEW YORK so long.

USPS officer spent ten minutes to search but they told me that they cannot do something and they also don’t know why the package is not updating the status there. They are not sure if it is in customs office or not.

They just gave the contact phone number information to the customs office located at ISC NEW YORK.

I called once for curious, but the automated answering machine answered. So nothing happened.

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia

Yeah, but come on...…. surely they couldn't say I'm bringing in a Rep watch to resell when:
1. There is only1 or 2 in the packet
2. I'm in no way related to the jeweiiery business
3. I never ordered the thing anyhow
4. Even if I did order it, surely it's not MY offence because I never made it - how was I know it was counterfeit
5 And on and on and on
Besides would they REALLY go after such a small offence!

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Yeah, but come on...…. surely they couldn't say I'm bringing in a Rep watch to resell when:
1. There is only1 or 2 in the packet
2. I'm in no way related to the jeweiiery business
3. I never ordered the thing anyhow
4. Even if I did order it, surely it's not MY offence because I never made it - how was I know it was counterfeit
5 And on and on and on
Besides would they REALLY go after such a small offence!

Yeah, I am exaggerating. The US government surely have bigger fish to fry. They will not go after you for a small violation
If it's only 1 or 2 items, and it is your 1st or 2nd offense, they will only seize your package, but what I am saying is they can have a reason to charge you to the max, and you just have to go to court to prove them wrong which costs money.

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
Yeah, I am exaggerating. The US government surely have bigger fish to fry. They will not go after you for a small violation
If it's only 1 or 2 items, and it is your 1st or 2nd offense, they will only seize your package, but what I am saying is they can have a reason to charge you to the max, and you just have to go to court to prove them wrong which costs money.

Yep agree - do you know how, say, Rolex, try to fine you? On here there is a guy from Belgium who got his package seized and then speculated that when customs tell Rolex he will face a "penalty" from Rolex between 100 to 1,000 Euros! How can they enforce this from Switzerland to Belgium? I mean wouldn't he just deny it all and basically have the attitude of "come and get me/come and prove it"?

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Thanks for your comment.

I already visited to a local USPS to check what is going on with my package stuck at ISC NEW YORK so long.

USPS officer spent ten minutes to search but they told me that they cannot do something and they also don’t know why the package is not updating the status there. They are not sure if it is in customs office or not.

They just gave the contact phone number information to the customs office located at ISC NEW YORK.

I called once for curious, but the automated answering machine answered. So nothing happened.

Ok, so I called USPS International. They said a few things, and I think you're in the same exact boat as me. Each bullet point is relatively important:

- Our packages were most likely in the same container
- The USPS agent said there are quite a few packages from our container that haven't been received into customs yet, not just mine
- Because I am the recipient I cannot start an investigation into where it went.
- I asked my TD to contact China Post and open an investigation to where the package went.
- in ~12 days there might be a resolution and it might be delivered to me.

Ask your TD to open an investigation!

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Ok, so I called USPS International. They said a few things, and I think you're in the same exact boat as me. Each bullet point is relatively important:

- Our packages were most likely in the same container
- The USPS agent said there are quite a few packages from our container that haven't been received into customs yet, not just mine
- Because I am the recipient I cannot start an investigation into where it went.
- I asked my TD to contact China Post and open an investigation to where the package went.
- in ~12 days there might be a resolution and it might be delivered to me.

Ask your TD to open an investigation!

Thanks for sharing the information you’ve got. According to the time and date info, my package is in the literally same container physically along with your package.

Please share the status, once something changed. Thanks.

MB62

10/3/18
Ok guys sorry I have been really busy so I did not have time to login alot.

Alot of people were asking for an update so here it is: I got the 2nd watch from MR, I shipped it to a friends house in the Netherlands as the NL is more lenient with customs than Belgium.
The 2nd watch was for free from MR after proof of seizure. As is with all TD's I guess?

The way that Rolex can ask for damages in Belgium is that it is true that they are a Swiss company but they hired a law firm in Belgium.. I got a letter demanding 400 EUR because I purchased a counterfeit item or else they would sue me in civil court. I offcourse denied and said they were free to sue me as they have no proof I ordered anything. I have not heard anything yet since then. Maybe they'll sue maybe not in any case I will definitely take my shot at this at court if they decide to sue.

Anyway in the end I got the watch and it's fantastic!! OP 114300.. Definitely recommend this watch to everyone! Will order more ASAP :))

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Ok guys sorry I have been really busy so I did not have time to login alot.

Alot of people were asking for an update so here it is: I got the 2nd watch from MR, I shipped it to a friends house in the Netherlands as the NL is more lenient with customs than Belgium.
The 2nd watch was for free from MR after proof of seizure. As is with all TD's I guess?

The way that Rolex can ask for damages in Belgium is that it is true that they are a Swiss company but they hired a law firm in Belgium.. I got a letter demanding 400 EUR because I purchased a counterfeit item or else they would sue me in civil court. I offcourse denied and said they were free to sue me as they have no proof I ordered anything. I have not heard anything yet since then. Maybe they'll sue maybe not in any case I will definitely take my shot at this at court if they decide to sue.

Anyway in the end I got the watch and it's fantastic!! OP 114300.. Definitely recommend this watch to everyone! Will order more ASAP :))

Finally, the story has a happy ending :)
Thanks for the update.

MB62

10/3/18
Can I conclude that rolex is the hardest rep to ship?

It all depens on the country you are in man! I suggest doing a good reading first before ordering. The NL has no problems with shipment. Belgium obviously does.

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
What a stupid Rolex reaction of chasing people for this. Instead I would set up a marketing campaign, to encourage the potential client to buy the Gen

Reactions: efajri