• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First rep purchase.. got seized :-))

MB62

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/3/18
I signed up for SMS (phone) alerts and e-mail notifications for when the package should arrive and which steps it takes, I guess they got my number from there?

Regards

MB62

10/3/18
Update:

Just contacted DHL and they informed me that they can not do anything. The package is with customs and they will close the file.

They gave me a number of a customs officer to contact but I am just going to wait it out.

FarewellFire

27/10/17
Such a bummer. I'm sure it will be alright in the end though. Wait it out!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I share your pain OP.

My watch was supposed to be here today - was following the tracking and it ended up being delivered to another address miles away.
Hoping the TD just mixed up the tracking, but I still don't have anything...

Here's to a speedy resolution for both of us :(

MB62

10/3/18
Mine is gone for 100% sure man. Customs seized it.

Do not understand why TD's ship directly to Belgium.

MB62

10/3/18
Did you choose triangle?

No man, the TD just said it's 40 USD for shipping I just followed their lead.. stupid I know.. I thought they knew which countries are safe for direct shipping and which are not.

Maybe sometimes it goes through I dont know... Just really really dissapointed and bummed out right now.

All other correspondation with the TD went really well and he was really fast in replying et al..

I wish I mentioned traingle shipping!

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
Well I'm from Belgium and I get sent reps from all over the world without any issues. But I don't buy from dealers, just get sent watches for repairs from people.
My wife works at Bpost, which is the domestic mail service here, and ofcourse they know a thing or two, and the only "trick" in the book is to send as gift. As soon as it even looks like it's internet bought, you get into the risk zone.

Reactions: Cr7juv and macarone

MB62

10/3/18
Update:

Have received letter from customs saying it has been confiscated for being fake.

MB62

10/3/18
Photograph it, send it to your TD and get the next one. Happy days.

Yup, just did it!

Going to ask for triangular shipping this time aswell, also on another address and name of a friend just to be sure! I do NOT want to be dissapointed again! Can not handle it haha :)

MB62

10/3/18
Any hints of a fine? Or warning or something?

I hope you get through with no issues

The letter says that it will be destroyed and they will contact the intellectual property holder.

So after researching I found out that probably lawyers from Rolex will try to settle, anywhere between 100 € and 1000 €.

Let's wait and see...

Reactions: Mixcoast

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
The letter says that it will be destroyed and they will contact the intellectual property holder.

So after researching I found out that probably lawyers from Rolex will try to settle, anywhere between 100 € and 1000 €.

Let's wait and see...

Hoooly... I am not buying that tourbilion. Good luck man

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
Thinking about it this is truly fcked up. What if I buy a fake watch a very expensive one from wherever and have it sent to the most annoying neighbor. How is the guy gonna prove he did not buy it.. they can't trace how I paid, the seller will not help out.. something does not feel right about this.. anybody should be able to deny it was not them..

MB62

10/3/18
Thinking about it this is truly fcked up. What if I buy a fake watch a very expensive one from wherever and have it sent to the most annoying neighbor. How is the guy gonna prove he did not buy it.. they can't trace how I paid, the seller will not help out.. something does not feel right about this.. anybody should be able to deny it was not them..

That is exactly what I am going to do :)

Let them take it to court.. no way that a judge will impose a fine. It is impossible. There is no proof I bought anything!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

Let's wait and see...

Send a letter back saying you have no idea what they are talking about, you don't know anything about any package and as such they can do with it as they please. Just so it's on record.

DrJohnWatsonJr

Supporter-*NOOB FRIENDLY*
Supporter
27/12/16
Never admit guilt! Just feign ignorance and they'll lay off you. Good luck OP!

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
It is sick, like KGB or Gestapo, that they are looking in our packages. Bomb and drugs control is OK, but leave the rest alone.

Isn't there a carrier who has special deals with customs, receiving bonuses and so on when the target is met?? Wasn't that DHL? cant remember