• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Rep AP Full ceramic case

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Noob wins at present, I rather go with a tone darker on orange then a tone lighter as current j12...

But more importantly imo are the numbers which way too thin on the J12 and that is the deal breaker for me. Take a look at how thick they are on the Gen...

theskull

Renowned Member
6/8/13
Yes j12's inner numbers are way too thin right now, but the noob's is also too thin and too small compared to the gen.. but less visible, i hope j12 work on all that before final release..

Matted dial
Matted hands
Bigger and larger inner Bezel numbers
Thinner date font
White hour hand
More dark orange color
larger orange color on the left side of the triangle

J12 needs to work on this to be better and closer to gen than the noob's

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Yes j12's inner numbers are way too thin right now, but the noob's is also too thin and too small compared to the gen.. but less visible, i hope j12 work on all that before final release..

Matted dial
Matted hands
Bigger and larger inner Bezel numbers
Thinner date font
White hour hand
More dark orange color
larger orange color on the left side of the triangle

J12 needs to work on this to be better and closer to gen than the noob's

+100

they will both get there eventually but we know how their marketing strategies work... Lets see which kind of final product j12 comes with, I am sure that will give us an idea of the number of v. iterations we are likely to see before "super rep" status ...

given they are both competing that might go fast...

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
Hahaha - It's going to be pretty hard to not pick up one or the other when they both come out even if there is obvious room for improvements.

Fair play to you fire if you hold off - pretty sure it was you & I who kept the thread in Angus's section on RG alive for about 1 year!

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Hahaha - It's going to be pretty hard to not pick up one or the other when they both come out even if there is obvious room for improvements.

Fair play to you fire if you hold off - pretty sure it was you & I who kept the thread in Angus's section on RG alive for about 1 year!

I remember you :) I am so keen on this piece but all this wait helped me regulate my buying spree tendency... :) more seriously my call is there is really room for improvement I just recall when j12 came in with the ss diver we saw a v4 a v4.1 a v5 a v5.1 and a v6 within 6 months max !!! So if they reproduce the same patterns I am pretty sure a better product will be out within a short period of time.

I want to see real life wristies now... :) to assess ceramic work quality, I assume fixing numbers colors etc are pretyy easy for makers but ceramic is another animal...

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11

I was at the boutique in NYC and I swear the inner bezel numbers on the Ceramic were significantly smaller/thinner than the FC and SS. I can't find any pics to support this online though.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
I was at the boutique in NYC and I swear the inner bezel numbers on the Ceramic were significantly smaller/thinner than the FC and SS. I can't find any pics to support this online though.

:lol: maybe you felt deezy with to many Aps around you...

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
:lol: maybe you felt deezy with to many Aps around you...

To be honest I was a bit underwhelmed. We spend all day looking at close up and macro pictures of reps and gens, but when in real life size it's easy to forget all that as the best AP reps are ~95% there.

atespo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/11/06
USA
Nice!! But I can't decide if I like this one or not! I still think I prefer the SS version for some reason...

Malkovich

9/8/14
Sigh... I already own a V6 (SS) and an FC. Does it make sense for me to buy this as well? In a twisted WIS way, absolutely yes!

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
Ryan, inTime, has removed the noob ceramic diver - this is a promising sign that they are fixing the crown issue straight away?

fitipaldi

8/10/10
Doc, Rubber is talking about NOOB ceramic diver. I hope they are fixing the crown too, because Noob version looks better than JF.

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
Post up your QC pics?

Anyone else ordered this yet? I've held off as I said Ryan removed the noob from his site which to me suggests he's sent his batch back so hopefully we'll see some corrections nice and quickly. & overall the noob definitely looks better than J12.

Doc0005

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
17/11/13
So you guy say just put bigger crown to noob version and good to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
Well looking at the comparison pics noob has a better dial, date font, hands, bezel numers than J12's. The second hand on J12 is terrible and to be honest the orange looks off on both of them, it should be intetween them both.

That said if they sort out the crown and J12 don't come back with a much improved model before releasing (their's is only a pre-order example, not the finished piece) then I'd put my $ down for a noob.. I can't wait much longer, wanted this since the gen was announced!

fitipaldi

8/10/10
Personally, I will wait some months (maybe until the end of the year) to get one. I'm 100% sure, we will see v2, v3 in the next months; mainly due to competition between both factories... I really love competition!! it's good for all :)

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Personally, I will wait some months (maybe until the end of the year) to get one. I'm 100% sure, we will see v2, v3 in the next months; mainly due to competition between both factories... I really love competition!! it's good for all :)

+1