• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Rep AP Full ceramic case

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
+1 seen it

eagerly waiting for qc pics, daylight pictures and wristies to make judgment

I have received a confirmation from a TD that the factory has confirmed that the crown for the ceramic model is indeed a bit smaller than the FC and SS one, and would be corrected accordingly. I would advise you guys to hold your orders first. :)

Reactions: Allure

Tempo

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/13
I have received a confirmation from a TD that the factory has confirmed that the crown for the ceramic model is indeed a bit smaller than the FC and SS one, and would be corrected accordingly. I would advise you guys to hold your orders first. :)

Thanks for the information bro. :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

+1. Love the Miyota 9015 cal. better.

We would need to see the finished JF product for a more accurate comparison vs the Noob one.
The hour hand of the JF watch in the pics look terrible, with those two too-thick black lines. ;)
But I do like the slightly "puffed" numbers on the inner bezels of the JF diver.

The crown of the Noob diver would be updated very soon to the correct size I think. Let the battle of the factories begin again... :)

Reactions: Allure

fitipaldi

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/10/10
The JF version has other very obvious issue to me, a big give away: the "orange" dot in the seconds hand; JF seems more yellow-orange than the orange used in the inner bezel, hour and minute hands.

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
From angus

Noob ceramic vs. JF ceramic diver

cb20287f33b3782b596dba8dd5cced43.jpg

47c57252df6516951f2849842b202863.jpg

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
me prefers noob on left side, better orange , better numbers size, better dial... would love to see real life wristies of the noob...

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Wow, a rapid counter attack by J12 eh. I like J12 ver more I think. That lighter orange is more correct to me. I'm curious if they will be able to update the dial to the correct matte one.
Anyway, I want that straight crown guards to be applied on the 2014 AP!

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
I'm curious if they will be able to update the dial to the correct matte one.

Indeed. And when is J12 going to take care of their datewheel? It has been way too bold from the beginning. Noob is better.
The dial will never be 1:1, the gen matte/satin finish is amazing on the ceramic diver.

steveshing

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/13
J12 should update the hour hand and the inner bezel to the corret colour :p

steveshing

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/13
Indeed. And when is J12 going to take care of their datewheel? It has been way too bold from the beginning. Noob is better.
The dial will never be 1:1, the gen matte/satin finish is amazing on the ceramic diver.
The j12 44mm RG dial is matte finish and it's match the ceramic diver dial :D

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Looks like the gen orange is in between Noob's and J12's. lol
Everything else on the dial is better on Noob's. Movement-wise though, J12 wins.

Btw, glad to see you posting again S. :)

Rubberj00

Renowned Member
21/2/09
Edit - Was on the last page, hadn't realised the comparison with gen had already been done,

Well this makes the decision hard now, may have to hold up and wait for others to report back on both..

The orange on both seems wrong from the pics? Seems like gen is a mix between both, noob being closer:

theskull

Renowned Member
6/8/13
j12 hour hand is not white enough, the date font is too bold, the inner bezel numbers are too small on the j12, wrong tapissery dial (should be changed accordind to Angus's post)

But i like the caseback engravings more on the j12.

On the j12 the AP logo on the crown is filled when noob's isn't.. I wonder which one is correct (not really an expert on the ceramic diver)

We will have to wait as the j12 is only a sample.. i gonna wait for the final product but if they fix theses issues and get a correct matted dial i will go for the j12 for sure!

theskull

Renowned Member
6/8/13
After somes research looks like the j12's has the correct crown logo...

031.jpg

Audemars-Piguet-Royal-Oak-Offshore-Diver-Ceramic-9.jpg

theskull

Renowned Member
6/8/13
Also matted hands are needed with the matted dial! C'mon j12 make it right! :)

AP10.jpg