• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First purchase with Trusty Time

hamdy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/22
The Netherlands
For over a decade people have purchased watches on the forum from Trusted Dealers. There was no "play by play" of purchases. Folks would share their review with a timeline of how long the process took and everyone could benefit from it. Now we have people time stamping communications down to the minute. It's absurd and adds no value to what the intent of these sections are. I think some here are lacking in attention. Why not add a post with some redeeming value ? How about " Hey, I just received ****** watch from ****. Check out my pictures". Imagine how much more informative this would be ? We went from the QC pic parade to this. When you log on to see what's new, you're shelled with half a dozen " I wIll uPdAtE eVeRy sTeP oF tHe wAy oN hOw mAny TiMeS i fArT tOdAy"
I'm only a member for a few months and I didn't know better to be honest, your from '11 so you have seen it all :p Thought it was normal to post an ungoing process. well i'll leave those kind of posts and just let the people know after everything is finished.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I'm only a member for a few months and I didn't know better to be honest, your from '11 so you have seen it all :p Thought it was normal to post an ungoing process. well i'll leave those kind of posts and just let the people know after everything is finished.
I haven't seen it all by far. But I have been around to see what is helpful to the community.

spacecowboyuk81

28/1/23
UK
Same here. Am new and was just trying to share info, as I had read and seen lots of people posting their experiences and timelines.

I take onboard the comments and will refrain from posting any further and will consider sharing details at the end once the watch is received.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Same here. Am new and was just trying to share info, as I had read and seen lots of people posting their experiences and timelines.

I take onboard the comments and will refrain from posting any further and will consider sharing details at the end once the watch is received.
Contrary to my beliefs (and those of @BMW760) there are some new members who apparently like to hear about the progress of your purchase so carry on.
However, don’t you think the HD ticket is going a little far?
You seem to be enjoying this place and enjoying the services that it offers. How about becoming a Supporter?

spacecowboyuk81

28/1/23
UK
Hi @Tucker

Thanks for the message.

Personally, considering this is a forum of people sharing information and helping each other in the world of rep watches, I have found it surprising the negative comments and in some cases abuse, some new members have received if raising some concern with how an order has or has not been progressing. I now appreciate and understand that patience is a virtue in this hobby and not to be alarmed if things don't move exactly as you expect them to.

I also appreciate that forum members and supporters who have been around a long time, must see this a lot and I can see how it must get quite tiresome and frustrating, seeing the same things posted, but it doesn't always mean that someone doesn't have a legitimate cause for concern.

Being new, I did my best to do plenty of reading before making any purchase, reading the info available to new members, but that aside, I do not have the experience or knowledge that others that have been around for sometime will have and am still learning a lot. I followed what I believed to be the usual process by creating a post about my first purchase, but in honesty, now wish I hadn't bothered at all. I mean there must be loads of people doing this everyday. so I am not the only one.

Thanks for calling me out on the HD ticket too. How do you know even know about it? Its not as Black and White as you may think and I did have initial concern.

My reasons for doing so were to seek advice / raise concern privately from those in forum with more knowledge and experience in relation to my situation. I decided to do this, instead of posting publicly (as I have see many others do) and 1) Writing things that may come across badly / negatively and that may not even be correct / true and 2) Following on from the comments above, to avoid possibly receiving more negative comment from others by raising some degree of concern in the first place. If that is not the way in which a HD ticket should be used, then again I have learnt another lesson of what not to do. Regardless of what you may think, it was not to threaten or seek leverage.

I have certainly got benefit from using the forum Yes, but I wouldn't say the last few days and recent discussions have been enjoyable. If you can share the details for becoming a supporter I will take a look. Thanks (y)

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I have certainly got benefit from using the forum Yes, but I wouldn't say the last few days and recent discussions have been enjoyable. If you can share the details for becoming a supporter I will take a look. Thanks (y)
I read half of you post and then passed out. Send a PM to Trailboss99 to become a Supporter. Enjoy the forum but please relax. This forum is about watches and in particular toy, replica, watches. If a deal or transaction doesn't go well it's not the end of the world. Have fun with it. Welcome to RWI.

spacecowboyuk81

28/1/23
UK
Sounds like you enjoyed reading it ;)

Yep I understand what you are saying. Thanks for the advice and welcome (y):) nice to meet you...

Reactions: Tucker

spacecowboyuk81

28/1/23
UK
- 14/03 Tracking number and information about how to track the order were provided by TrustyTime and Andrew kindly helped by providing additional information regarding tracking
- 20/03 Text message received to indicate a parcel would be delivered on 23/03
- 23/03 The parcel and my watch was successfully and safely delivered this morning. The watch was packaged very well and I am very happy with the watch and now look forward to enjoying it

I have learnt a lot from this purchase and process. It took longer than expected and I have learnt that patience is a virtue in this hobby. I am overall happy with the purchase and Andrew's help along the way.

Reactions: hamdy

spacecowboyuk81

28/1/23
UK
Hey @hamdy

Here are a couple of the watch just out of the box and still in its protective wrapper. I will share a whole load more when I have the bracelet and adjusted and wearing it properly.

Reactions: hamdy

nousdefions

10/11/19
When I don't like a thread, or see it as having little value, I just click away; it take me about 2 seconds. It is ironic how a thread that should have zero value causes someone to spend so much forum time complaining about it.

Dude, just move on to a better thread or post and the problem is solved.

CraggaG

Horology Curious
13/4/22
- 14/03 Tracking number and information about how to track the order were provided by TrustyTime and Andrew kindly helped by providing additional information regarding tracking
- 20/03 Text message received to indicate a parcel would be delivered on 23/03
- 23/03 The parcel and my watch was successfully and safely delivered this morning. The watch was packaged very well and I am very happy with the watch and now look forward to enjoying it

I have learnt a lot from this purchase and process. It took longer than expected and I have learnt that patience is a virtue in this hobby. I am overall happy with the purchase and Andrew's help along the way.
Other than communicating with the TD are there any other ways to protect yourself the consumer. I’ve chose trustytime as my TD. And am about to place an order, thanks, G

spacecowboyuk81

28/1/23
UK
Hi @CraggaG

I'd refer to the below if this is your first purchase. Try to read and get a good understanding and feel for the process so you are clear and comfortable before proceeding and making payment.

My advice would be to do plenty of research across all TDs before selecting who you want to go with. Check for watch availability and ask any initial questions you may have and then make a final decision. Once you have decided and want to proceed, have patience during the ordering and shipping process!

Best of luck ;)