• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First purchase with Trusty Time

spacecowboyuk81

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/1/23
UK
29/01/23 - First made contact with Trusty Time with interest in a two tone SS/RG Rolex DateJust 126331 with Oyster bracelet
30/01/23 - Andrew replied to me straight away, even though lots of TDs were off due to CNY
30/01/23 - 09/02/23 - Andrew responded to a number of different questions regarding the Rolex DateJust two tone models and whether gold plated or wrapped bracelets were available. Andrew always replied quickly

During this time I decided against buying a Rolex DateJust 126331 with Oyster bracelet due to most models available not being wrapped. I believe some factories may be releasing wrapped versions at some point in future.

09/02/23 - 13/01/23 - Continued my search for other SS / RG two tone watches I liked and found the Cartier Santos Medium 35mm in SS / RG
13/01/23 - Decided to go ahead and place my first order with Trusty time for the Santos De Cartier 35mm Mens RG/SS White 3KF MY9015. Payment made by card andwas successful. Received confirmation of the order and an order number

Now awaiting further details and will post updates as I receive them :) (y)

spacecowboyuk81

28/1/23
UK
A mistake in the last dates above. It should read:

09/02/23 - 13/02/23 - Continued my search for other SS / RG two tone watches I liked and found the Cartier Santos Medium 35mm in SS / RG
13/02/23 - Decided to go ahead and place my first order with Trusty time for the Santos De Cartier 35mm Mens RG/SS White 3KF MY9015. Payment made by card andwas successful. Received confirmation of the order and an order number

Now awaiting further details and will post updates as I receive them ;)

spacecowboyuk81

28/1/23
UK
14/02/23 - Email order confirmation and payment verification received from Trusty Time. The order is now being processed

QC and tracking details to follow.

nectarine

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/2/23
United States
yea but like 80 percent of reviews are one like these , it just floods the forum with “ i have made the payment now waiting for the watch “ like bro it might take a few months no need to create a post

Reactions: TESLA760

spacecowboyuk81

28/1/23
UK
Fair enough, but I suppose people want to show the entire process from start to finish. Why don't you raise it to the moderators running the forum if you have issue with it and see what they say ;)

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Fair enough, but I suppose people want to show the entire process from start to finish. Why don't you raise it to the moderators running the forum if you have issue with it and see what they say ;)
This is a forum where people express their opinions on a daily basis. That's what the person above you did.

spacecowboyuk81

28/1/23
UK
- 22/2 Told by Trusty Time "the order was made with the factory and waiting for them to pass me the watch. 4-12 days to prepare the watch"
- 28/2 Then emailed with "Factory called to inform that the stock of this item below is not available"
- 28/2 Asked for Trusty Time to check stock with Factory BV and V6 factories who both make the same model that has been ordered and paid for

spacecowboyuk81

28/1/23
UK
- 5/3 Started to become concerned with the progress of my order. Chased TrustyTime for an update on whether the 35mm Santos de Cartier was available from any of the factories that make the watch (3KF, BVF, V6F) as there were little updates and no QC
- 6/3 TrustyTime replied to say the watch is not available from any of the factories making the watch
- 6/3 Requested a refund as the watch ordered at the start of February is not available
- 6/3 TrustyTime asked if there were any other watches of interest
- 6/3 I explained there was just one other watch of interest (Rolex DJ 36mm RG/SS with Oyster bracelet from GMF) and asked TrustyTime to confirm availability. TrustyTime confirmed the watch is available and advised another 4-12 business days for QC. I requested QC be provided as soon as possible, in consideration of the length of time spent on the order so far

Will see how my order progresses now that a new watch has been chosen has been confirmed available by TrustyTime. Updates to follow.

spacecowboyuk81

28/1/23
UK
9/3 - First QC pics received from TrustyTime for the new watch chosen, a GMF Rolex DateJust 36mm RG/SS with Osyter bracelet and Green Dial with fluted bezel and was given 24hrs to review and respond
9/3 - Requested additional QC photos of the watch, specifically of the rehaut, which TrustyTime agreed to supply
11/3 - Additional QC photos requested had not been received. Sent another email to TrusytTime to ask for the additional photos to be provided so we could complete QC
11/3 - Additional QC photos supplied by TrustyTime
11/3 - QC Green light given to TrustyTime and requested watch be shipped and shipping / tracking details be provided
14/3 - Sent an email to TrustyTime to ask for an update on shipping of the watch and to be provided with the necessary tracking details

Reactions: hamdy

hamdy

13/11/22
The Netherlands
9/3 - First QC pics received from TrustyTime for the new watch chosen, a GMF Rolex DateJust 36mm RG/SS with Osyter bracelet and Green Dial with fluted bezel and was given 24hrs to review and respond
9/3 - Requested additional QC photos of the watch, specifically of the rehaut, which TrustyTime agreed to supply
11/3 - Additional QC photos requested had not been received. Sent another email to TrusytTime to ask for the additional photos to be provided so we could complete QC
11/3 - Additional QC photos supplied by TrustyTime
11/3 - QC Green light given to TrustyTime and requested watch be shipped and shipping / tracking details be provided
14/3 - Sent an email to TrustyTime to ask for an update on shipping of the watch and to be provided with the necessary tracking details
I GL'ed my watch on 09/03, also didn't recieve any tracking mail. Let me know when you get your tracking number (maybe he's very busy and will send allot of packages in one go or I dunno :p Other sellers ship right after GL conformation)

spacecowboyuk81

28/1/23
UK
Hi @hamdy thanks for your message.

I have been told that the watch has been "passed to Forwarder. Please kindly allow 4-7 days before the updated tracking will be sent to you."

Were you advised similar?

Yes, I have experienced shipping and tracking info straight after QC GL with other TDs.

hamdy

13/11/22
The Netherlands
Hi @hamdy thanks for your message.

I have been told that the watch has been "passed to Forwarder. Please kindly allow 4-7 days before the updated tracking will be sent to you."

Were you advised similar?

Yes, I have experienced shipping and tracking info straight after QC GL with other TDs.

No I didn't get any mail whatsoever. I emailed him today asking about it, but i'm still waiting for a reply. No biggie think hes busy.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
why do people start reviews like this just post a review once you got the watch loo
They do it because they feel it gives them leverage with the TD, because "everyone is watching" so they had better be treated right. I bet this guy has already started a Help Desk ticket.....and he isn't even a Supporter. :(

hamdy

13/11/22
The Netherlands
They do it because they feel it gives them leverage with the TD, because "everyone is watching" so they had better be treated right. I bet this guy has already started a Help Desk ticket.....and he isn't even a Supporter. :(
Whats the point of a being made a *Trusted dealer* if he don't treat his customers the way it should? Especially dealers who are around for years, no-one thinks he's gonne get ripped off by him. Those 'reviews' are more to let people know how long the process takes. Posting one post (weeks or maybe months) after the buying won't give other members insight on how long it takes, because some months are slower than others (like with CNY holidays etc.) Assuming this guy already made a complaint ticket is a little bit toxic and unnecessary.

Reactions: enadi2016

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Whats the point of a being made a *Trusted dealer* if he don't treat his customers the way it should? Especially dealers who are around for years, no-one thinks he's gonne get ripped off by him. Those 'reviews' are more to let people know how long the process takes. Posting one post (weeks or maybe months) after the buying won't give other members insight on how long it takes, because some months are slower than others (like with CNY holidays etc.) Assuming this guy already made a complaint ticket is a little bit toxic and unnecessary.
For over a decade people have purchased watches on the forum from Trusted Dealers. There was no "play by play" of purchases. Folks would share their review with a timeline of how long the process took and everyone could benefit from it. Now we have people time stamping communications down to the minute. It's absurd and adds no value to what the intent of these sections are. I think some here are lacking in attention. Why not add a post with some redeeming value ? How about " Hey, I just received ****** watch from ****. Check out my pictures". Imagine how much more informative this would be ? We went from the QC pic parade to this. When you log on to see what's new, you're shelled with half a dozen " I wIll uPdAtE eVeRy sTeP oF tHe wAy oN hOw mAny TiMeS i fArT tOdAy"