• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Order Of Rep Watch From JTime

Trolex_0

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/4/22

Trolex_0

29/4/22
Have dispatched the watch to ado213 today. Hope he is able to rectify the issues with this watch.

BTC

Horology Curious
22/6/22
Wow really!? The link on Jtime of the watch I purchased is as follows: https://jtime.io/us/submariner-1140...dition-on-ss-bracelet-vs3130-super-clone.html

Did you get it serviced or checked out?

If this watch turns out to be junk that's USD 600 down the drain!

No i didn't get it checked out, it was my first rep buy. I bought it at Toro for approximately $350 it wasn't the best rep I've seen. The rep's they're making today are much more authentic.

I'm going to buy one omega po from JT hope that one is better, as I've read VS have the best omega rep

Trolex_0

29/4/22
No i didn't get it checked out, it was my first rep buy. I bought it at Toro for approximately $350 it wasn't the best rep I've seen. The rep's they're making today are much more authentic.

I'm going to buy one omega po from JT hope that one is better, as I've read VS have the best omega rep

Good luck.

Trolex_0

29/4/22
ado213 has confirmed receipt of watch and has said he will revert with feedback once inspected and fault identified. Will keep this forum updated with progress.

Trolex_0

29/4/22
Have received feedback from ado213 as per below:

Despite having COVID, I have managed to complete your watch and it is now ready to post back to you.

Lots of issues with this watch which is why you were having problems with it loosing time and stopping. The primary issue was the third wheel, it was set way to high in the train and the associated jewel was in fact touching the autowind unit when screwed on. There was also a screw missing out of the autowind unit which I have replaced. Looking at the underside of the autowind bridge, I can see this has had a counterbore drilled into it?.

I suspect this has been done on assembly at the factory?,

The purpose of the counterbore was to allow clearance of the jewel set to high on the third wheel. I also suspect this did not work, hence leaving a screw out of the autowind bridge so it did not clamp down onto the jewel?. The drilled counterbore in the rear of the autowind is not visible, nor is it detrimental to the watch's performance, so I need take no action on ths

The second issue was the hairspring, your was nowhere near flat ( which it should be) it had an upward tilt within it of around 10-15 degrees to the balance cock. This in turn gives you two issues, 1) It limits amplitude 2) it will not keep time positionally very well at all

On receipt, yours had a full wind amplitude of around 245 degrees, where as it should be around the 290 degrees mark. I have now serviced the watch, flattened the hairspring and lowered the third wheel jewel.

I can confirm that amplitude at full wind is a very healthy 300 degrees and on my timegrapher I get the watch to be running at +7 secs/day over four positions, obviously it may vary from the timegrapher results when worn on the wrist The watch does not stop !.

I have WR tested the watch and it Passed at 6 bar, so will be good to swim in

Unfortunately, adjusting the hairspring did take some time over and above a normal service, so I will have to charge extra for this task.

Your bill is as follows

Service on VSF 3135 movement. £100

WR testing £10

Extra Hairspring work £30

Postage back to you is $12

Total:- £152

Unquote

Grateful for the above from ado213. Bill has been settled and I look forward to receiving the watch.

Have informed jtimewatch who has mentioned that they will contribute USD 50 towards the repair if done locally. I will keep this forum updated if in fact jtimewatch will stay true to their word.

Trolex_0

29/4/22
jtimewatch has stayed true to their word and have settled USD 50. This is appreciated. However, it's not ideal this top of the range rep which is supposed to be the 'ultimate' superclone came with all these issues. The link to the watch is: https://jtime.io/us/submariner-1140...dition-on-ss-bracelet-vs3130-super-clone.html . I understand that this is not the fault of jtimewatch as they are the intermediary and not the manufacturer. ARF are the manufacturer/factory.

Look forward to receiving the watch from ado213.

Trolex_0

29/4/22
Just received the watch back from ado213. Will keep this forum posted with updates after using the watch.

Trolex_0

29/4/22
Watch is now working spot on with no issues. Bravo ado213 for the excellent workmanship - highly recommended!