• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First impressions of the VSF116610LN

supe12sta12z

Known Member
6/3/14
96c726ef7ae58d0b368dd18287060853.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think the complaint about the bold datewheel has been exaggerated?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Guys, this watch doesn't remotely have a fat date wheel. There were a few watches, the very first pieces to hit QC by the look of it, that did have a fat date wheel (arguably no fatter that some Gens, but WAY fatter than this one). The fat date wheel 'issue' does not relate to these blatantly skinny date wheels that have been dominating this thread in recent days.

LPGT56

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/19
out of the box no mods?

I just received it 3 hours ago. It’s exactly as it came - minus the plastic wrap! The DW is a non-issue, and the hands are much better than they appear in photos. Obvious curvature, and way closer to ARF than DHGate. The only - and I mean only - shortfall is the bracelet. Feels clinky. But, so did my (gen) Jazzmaster before a mineral oil bath. I expect that this will improve the feel of the VSF as well.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Guys, this watch doesn't remotely have a fat date wheel. There were a few watches, the very first pieces to hit QC by the look of it, that did have a fat date wheel (arguably no fatter that some Gens, but WAY fatter than this one). The fat date wheel 'issue' does not relate to these blatantly skinny date wheels that have been dominating this thread in recent days.

It appears so eh! I got unlucky I guess.

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Gen gen crystal and dw and hands are a plus, not a must

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
It appears so eh! I got unlucky I guess.

Yours was one of the chunkier ones - but no chunkier than a Gen example that was posted on one of these threads!

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Yours was one of the chunkier ones - but no chunkier than a Gen example that was posted on one of these threads!

This is true, still awaiting its arrival!

LPGT56

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/19
I am not affiliated with TT in any way, but if I were (still) in the market for a sub-c date, I would jump on the pre-order while you still can. This is one helluva watch for $408. Here's my timegraph QC:

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
I am not affiliated with TT in any way, but if I were (still) in the market for a sub-c date, I would jump on the pre-order while you still can. This is one helluva watch for $408. Here's my timegraph QC:

I agree it looks great all around I’m gonna need a no date though

7five7

31/12/19
Sorry i mean leave the end links and the first 4 links replace the rest with arf. The clasp is what makes them janky

Just tried this now and have the bracelets siting in mineral oil, let’s see how it works out.

Reactions: stufuse

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I did try that but the result was not acceptable lol although it did engage it had to much play and way to loose

One more thing you could try. Keep the thinner springbars that engage as a starting point.

Next, cut some thin strips of tape (bracelet tape is perfect) and place them on the lower lug lip to tighten up the looseness. You will have to use trial and error on how many strips you need to stack for a correct fit. I have done this on a couple reps to correct for this exact issue.

This effort effectively reduces SEL recess because the whole SEL is rotated toward the case around the springbar but it can be an acceptable compromise if the play is not too great. I have used as many as 5 strips of tape stacked. It's easier to stack the strips first, then cut them to proper width. If done carefully, the tape won't show, even from underneath, except for the tiny stacked edges.

nRaqn.jpg

nRWDE.jpg

nRmbs.jpg

nRiX3.jpg

ciaoman21

Known Member
5/2/19
EU
One more thing you could try. Keep the thinner springbars that engage as a starting point.

Next, cut some thin strips of tape (bracelet tape is perfect) and place them on the lower lug lip to tighten up the looseness. You will have to use trial and error on how many strips you need to stack for a correct fit. I have done this on a couple reps to correct for this exact issue.

This effort effectively reduces SEL recess because the whole SEL is rotated toward the case around the springbar but it can be an acceptable compromise if the play is not too great. I have used as many as 5 strips of tape stacked. It's easier to stack the strips first, then cut them to proper width. If done carefully, the tape won't show, even from underneath, except for the tiny stacked edges.

nRaqn.jpg

nRWDE.jpg

nRmbs.jpg

nRiX3.jpg

great ! it's a excellent idea, i must try it for the sel on my YM

Reactions: Jayalvin777

kevBquick

9/10/18
I just received it 3 hours ago. It’s exactly as it came - minus the plastic wrap! The DW is a non-issue, and the hands are much better than they appear in photos. Obvious curvature, and way closer to ARF than DHGate. The only - and I mean only - shortfall is the bracelet. Feels clinky. But, so did my (gen) Jazzmaster before a mineral oil bath. I expect that this will improve the feel of the VSF as well.

i have a ARF v2.....so is it worth the upgrade. mine is just OOTB so standard ARF fat date, no black hole.

7five7

31/12/19
So after the oil bath and swapping the SELs I’m now having an issue I did not notice before. The SEL gaps near 6 marker are perfect and seems equally recessed from left to right, but the SEL nearest the 12 marker only the right side is properly recessed and the left is slightly recessed but closer to being flush.

Btw the oil bath gave it a great improvement

see photos

Reactions: Jayalvin777