• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First impressions of the VSF116610LN

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Yeah you can tell the rep cyclops sits shorter--just less material used = not as good black hole... guess i'm calling my crystal guy!

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Next time you have the bracelets off can we get some pics of the endlinks in comparison from side view mainly. Maybe there’s some differences This might help determine why the ARF bracelet doesn’t fit properly. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7five7

31/12/19
Next time you have the bracelets off can we get some pics of the endlinks in comparison from side view mainly. Maybe there’s some differences This might help determine why the ARF bracelet doesn’t fit properly. Thanks in advance.

Tried today some of the recommendations form these comments and had no luck even after bending some extra spring bars I had.What’s funny is that the VSF bracelet pops in with no effort.

it appears that the ARF SELs maybe a tiny bit longer than the VSF. here are some pictures of the end links

ARF On the right VSF left.

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Thanks for these pics!

So i don't think it's been said yet but another possible solution is to use skinnier springbars in conjunction with the bending of the tips. The more room there is for it to move in the SEL, the more lug hole positions it can reach.

7five7

31/12/19
Thanks for these pics!

So i don't think it's been said yet but another possible solution is to use skinnier springbars in conjunction with the bending of the tips. The more room there is for it to move in the SEL, the more lug hole positions it can reach.

I did try that but the result was not acceptable lol although it did engage it had to much play and way to loose

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I did try that but the result was not acceptable lol although it did engage it had to much play and way to loose

Yeah Thanks for the pics mate, damn! I was hoping to use the ARF bracelet if the Vsf wasn’t great. If you take a pic from the sides with one SEL on top of the other we may be able to see if the spring bar holes are drilled the same distance from the SEL corner. I’ve noticed they vary between the factories so I’m wondering which one is closest to the gen.

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Sorry i mean leave the end links and the first 4 links replace the rest with arf. The clasp is what makes them janky

Agree 100%. This is an easy “fix”. I did this with my Noob V3 Daytona and the bracelet is fantastic now.

The other option is to simply apply a SMALL amount of WD40 to the movable parts and let it work it’s magic. I’ve done this as well and the bracelets have improved “feel”. People have confirmed this worked great on the RXF subs (most likely the same bracelet that’s on the VSF).

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
just being a voice of reason here, the arf and vsf bracelets are sort of different colors and might appear mismatched

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
What a shame. I actually put an ARF bracelet on my ZZF V2S Hulk and it fit perfectly. Even the SELs look good.

Substar

16/9/20
I’ve just put an ARF bracelet on my V2s 114060 and although a perfect fit I’d hoped for a bit more recess than the zzf did. That said the quality difference is worth it. Much more weighty and quality in feel plus the profile to the first link is perfect on the arf.
4496f9a5123b46a716d222f2934c3634.jpg

7ca652c387f48d8ec97cb86bf0820b99.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

kevBquick

9/10/18
That’s is some what the plan. I will be modding both as follows

ARF will get Gen x-tal, Gen DW, VSF Dial, VSF Bezel/Insert Assembly, everything else stays ARF

VSF will get Gen x-tal, Gen DW, Gen Dial, Gen Hands, Gen Bezel assembly with click springs, Gen crown, and new ARF Bracelet.

Do you have part numbers for the gen xtal and dw? I think i would like to upgrade my ARF sub which is a v2. after looking at these photos, its a must now.
before i was not really into making frankens....but now....i can't unsee it.

LPGT56

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/19
Here’s mine - received today. Stunning.

LPGT56

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/19
Here’s mine! Arrived today. Dial and DW print are flawless using a 10x jeweler’s loupe.
4b67a743126d8c0132a25761db795230.jpg

Reactions: Tete