• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Finally my V6 Big Bang Steel Ceramic Arrived. Impressive.

Leewei

21/3/12
Hi Guys, after repeatedly watching the Gen HBB Review on youtube and posioning from the forum, i finally placed order for the V6 HBB Steel Ceramic.
First impression on its arrival, its simply breath taking.
The ceramic bezel and the carbon fibre dial really makes it the ultimate bling watch.
Some questions for the PRO,
1. Did V6 resolved the blue hue on the V6 sapphire crystal ? Because i cant seems to see the "blue" at any tilted angle.
2. On the rear case back of the V6 HBB there is this "301" number. Why do some GEN has "301.M" and some do not have it ?

Even the weave on the CF Dial is so gen-like... the texture looks awesome.

Cant wait to get back my Goin modded AP Diver 3.5 and do a comparison. This V6 HBB is a stunner.
Honestly this hobby has been leaving me more impressed with every new purchase i bought.... almost Gen Like.
Some photos of it :
8536827418_478d0a7cff_c.jpg

Closer shot of it under sunlight :
8536826340_f63b5ee646_c.jpg

8535719315_dc4205f4d0_c.jpg

Indoor Shot :
8535721743_c5c94abe3d_c.jpg

Dining at Hotel Inn Atrium :

8536825046_8e78db043f_c.jpg

Thats all folk.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Beautiful!
But in the pics, the dial really looks to be a stamped texture, as most of the "squares" have the exact same thread pattern in them. Does it look more like real carbon fiber in real life?

TheBattler

26/7/10
Beautiful!
But in the pics, the dial really looks to be a stamped texture, as most of the "squares" have the exact same thread pattern in them. Does it look more like real carbon fiber in real life?

I don't think the Gen is carbon fiber..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
Beautiful!

Your right Roger. Looks like a stamp and not weave in the pics. I'm very interested to know what's made of. I've been eyeballing these and just can't commit. I'm borrowing a All Black and its very cool but I'd have to own one with a bit of shinny I think.

Leewei

21/3/12
Some Gen photos at Local website to compare. One of the best pre-own watch boutique in Singapore.
The dial is indeed Carbon fibre....and even the weave patterns is identical. No kidding.

6813-Hublot1_0.jpg

6813-Hublot_0.jpg

URL : http://www.passions.com.sg/v2/watch/hublot-big-bang-chronograph-black-ceramic-steel-2

Seriously i study hours into the photos trying to find the differences but cant....
Some said the red chrono need in Gen is much thinner...but i seriously think its no different.
Can some PRO highlight the the major/obvious tell tale signs for this ?
I also watch the GEN HBB Steel/Ceramic Youtube Video in full HD... this V6 is awesome.
However this model has 2 types... white date wheel and black date wheel...
I was offered the white one by our TD but i rejected and requested for the black date wheel.

Leewei

21/3/12
WOW!!! I'm speechless

Thats the exact feeling when i open up the parcel and unwrapped the plastic.

Yes the dial looks like Gen carbon fibre in real life...
I believe my macro shots are as close as it can get to show the texture of the dial .

Every new piece which arrive at my doorstep continue to impress me further. In fact this impress me more than any 1:1 Panerai i had... the amount of details and effort spend by V6 to creating this is worth every cent i paid. Lets hope the movt quality last and it dont spoil easily.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
You can see the variation of thread patterns in the gen pics, while the rep pics show a lot of uniformity.
I don't think it's real carbon fiber. An intricate pattern stamped in plastic would mimic carbon fiber in look and the way light plays off the ridges and grooves.
But in any case, I'm sure it's convincing in real life and certainly a very good rep.
Like Rick, I like this version much better than the all black - as if someone would actually wear a Hublot into a stealth combat situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxbieber

Horology Curious
24/1/13
I have the same one since 2 weeks and all I can say is: that watch is really shining and it looks great in real!

zh11

Horology Curious
14/2/13
wow.. what a beauty.. may i ask where you bought it and what the price was?

maxbieber

Horology Curious
24/1/13
fdqzom.jpg

This one is mine. Got it from PureTime for ~380 US Dollar or something like this.

Leewei

21/3/12
Yup same bought mine from Tony. $379 + $20 shipping.
Its one no regret watch. In my opinion its much better build than JLC Navy Seal Diver.
Impress me more than my noob panerai as the level of details are really fine and not as easily replicate like the Pams.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi Leewei
Congrats! You have got one of the best replcas in the market and one of the most beautiful watches ever made.
Really the presence and look are awesome.
For this watch the only replica which could compete with this version is the old V1, but it was much more expensive and the movement is not as accurate as V6 movmt is and had flush crystal instead of raised. You would need to modify a V1 to get some features of this new V6. Maybe only the big second hand and the ceramic bezel was better in the V1 (some people thought it was Kyocera original)
Concerning the CF of the dial you should know that either in rep or gen are not real CF it is just a pattern like CF engraved in the mould of the plastic dial. CF is only rela in the new 2009 Evolution models with stick markers
I think this is one of nicer HBB
Good choice indeed!

ALE

Leewei

21/3/12
Thanks for the nice words, ALE7575.
Luckily there is this RWI forum !
But i still cant find answer to my questions.
1. Did V6 resolved the blue hue on the V6 sapphire crystal ? Because i cant seems to see the "blue" at any tilted angle.
2. On the rear case back of the V6 HBB there is this "301" number. Why do some GEN has "301.M" and some do not have it ?Lets see which brand comes next ! Looking for extreme accuracy which can be pass off as Gen.
IWC 3717 or Hublot Oceanographic 4000m

DreambreaX

Renowned Member
26/11/12
Thanks for the nice words, ALE7575.
Luckily there is this RWI forum !
But i still cant find answer to my questions.
2. On the rear case back of the V6 HBB there is this "301" number. Why do some GEN has "301.M" and some do not have it ?Lets see which brand comes next ! Looking for extreme accuracy which can be pass off as Gen.
IWC 3717 or Hublot Oceanographic 4000m

answer:

1) perhaps your dealer remove the top ar

2) yes there is a different on the back of the case.

Gyrotourbillon

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/11/12
Is the dial accurate? I doubt that the genuine Hublot Big Bang didnt have carbon fiber dial at the first place.