• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FINAL GENERATION PLANET OCEAN CHRONOGRAPH

• Thread starter d4m.test
  • Start date

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
Well! :)

I'd not really considered a Planet Ocean before until I saw TTK pics... DAMN!! :D

Simply gorgeous watch. Not sure which I like better though - orange cos its different and funky. Black cos its classy and more subtle, but I already have a bunch of black watches...

Next is the movt., ST6... bleh 7753, I've had too many woes with these. Miyota...apart from the stepping second hand, is the rest of the watch up to the same standard as the 7753 version? (materials, build quality, fit etc.) :?:

mdppilot

Known Member
18/9/06
I think the Orange is to funky, but the Black is awesome. I too have several Black watches, but....

shutterbug

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/3/06
The drawback I see regarding the Myota is the white date wheel. Bummer :cry:
Say the first link is not a reliable movement? Yall fill me in :?:

mdppilot

Known Member
18/9/06
So with the spacing issues on the Chronometer model would the Non-chronometer model be considered a more accurate Rep? :roll:

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Lets end this thread.

If authenticity is your main concern, the 42mm plain planet ocean is your watch. (4th gen is by all accouts the best)

If you like bigger, the 6th gen 45mm is what you want.

If you want chronos, the TTK version featured here is BY FAR the best version available. Yes it has flaws, but every one of the other options (ST6 & Miyota) are shit. This is a nice watch. Even the moonwatch (one of our most highly regarded reps) has this exact subdial spacing issue.

Is there anything I've left out?