• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FINAL GENERATION PLANET OCEAN CHRONOGRAPH

• Thread starter d4m.test
  • Start date
D

d4m.test

This to my mind is the better looking of the two chronos....JMO.
BLACKPLANETOCEAN1.jpg

BLACKPLANETOCEAN2.jpg

BLACKPLANETOCEAN3.jpg

BLACKPLANETOCEAN4.jpg

mdppilot

Known Member
18/9/06
OUTSTANDING, Which model is this and how accurate is it? How much and how long to receive?

canadese

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/11/06
mdppilot said:
OUTSTANDING, Which model is this and how accurate is it? How much and how long to receive?

PLANET OCEAN CHRONOGRAPH. Go to TTK section to see how to send him a mail

shutterbug

21/3/06
Are you going to get any of these Black POs? or are you just showing us pics?
Does anyone out there know where this rep can be ordered?

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Hey, TTK, I wanna send you an email about this but I don't see any item numbers in the photos....

Do you not have any stock of this yet?

I'm MUCHO interested in the black PO chrono...

bigbadbrad

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
wow - what a looker!

-

This watch rocks! I'd love to know if it has the weight close to gen. TTK - nicely shot, the diffused lighting is excellent!

Yeah, there's the sub-dial placement issue but it's a REP - 10, or even 3 years ago we would have gone bonkers over something as good - still do :)

galevin

Supporter
Certified
9/10/06
So is this the 6th Gen? When someone finds out how much please come back here and inform everyone. Thanks

galevin

Supporter
Certified
9/10/06
When I read it, I thought he was kidding. Sure the watch is not a gen so it is imperfect but someone makes a comment and he pulls this off the shelf? Pug, I think he was kidding. You can't take this improved version and put it back on the shelf and refuse to sell because of one harmless comment????

mdppilot

Known Member
18/9/06
Pugwash; the thread refers to dropping the Black/Orange PO, but then he shows us this model. :? Confusing, nevertheless everyone check out trustytime.com he has the Black PO Chrono in (2) very similar models. Not sure what the difference is though :?: :?: :?:

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
seraphe said:
canuck88 said:
Just another note - I took another look at this at the AD today and this is VERY accurate with the smaller subdial and fixed date....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the gaps between the 3 subdials are still too far apart. This is still the main giveaway due to the layout of 7750.
No need to correct. Look for yourself:
Gorgeous watch anyway. Unless you compare Gen & Rep side by side, no one woulld probably notice.
Rep
211PLANETOCEAN7750CHRONOGRAPH6TH-2.jpg

Gen
22185000.jpg

galevin

Supporter
Certified
9/10/06
Oh my god, that IS a Huge difference. Doesn't matter to me but I'm sure it would make many of you here crazier than you already are. Hell, the space between the dials on the gen is probably 1/3-1/4 the amount of space that is shown on the rep. I'm assuming this is done because of the movement. This is just another reason why I will never mod and I primarily buy used watches as a rep is a rep is a rep (to me) and if is not exact, nobody that I ever encounter will know the difference and if they do, f' em.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Never minded the subdial spacing. It's the small 3, 6 & 9 that is a result of the subdial spacing, that bothers me.

galevin

Supporter
Certified
9/10/06
Andrew, good point. Big difference between the 3, 6, 9 and the larger 12 on the rep. Is the 3, 6, 9 on the gen the same size as the 12 or are they a tad smaller? Hard to tell from the above gen photo.

D

d4m.test

It's due to 2x factors.....the 7750 movement...and the case / dial size...this is 45.5mm.......it's too much of a stretch to ask a 7750 which was primarily designed for 40mm cases to re-size for the PO......still......a gorgeous piece of hardware.....!

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
galevin said:
Andrew, good point. Big difference between the 3, 6, 9 and the larger 12 on the rep. Is the 3, 6, 9 on the gen the same size as the 12 or are they a tad smaller? Hard to tell from the above gen photo.

These need to back to the drawing board big time :roll:

shutterbug

21/3/06
Where can you find one of these with a swiss 7753? I would be very interested.
:)

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Importr said:
So, from an aesthetic point of view, if you really like the PO would you get the 7753,

The Miyota is better of the two because it has a functioning chrono. Talk to trusty, I believe he carries this, or probably a better quartz version.