• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Favorite Cologne?

adriantempo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/9/15

Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de l'Homme
Carolina Herrera CH Men
Givenchy Pi

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
It's still the 'ol favourite for me.....

original.jpg

S.Corbeil

27/9/15
Montblanc Legend seems to be a commonly used fragrance on this thread. I think I might give it a try!
After MB Legend was brought up a couple of times by other members, I went out and tried it. Not a bad scent, but I found it too "sweet" and didn't like how it smelled on me. My girlfriend hated it (said I smelled like an "old person") and gave the both of us a strong headache in the car.

Will order me some Creed, Hermès and Tom Ford samples, see if there's something I like!

adriantempo

5/9/15
After MB Legend was brought up a couple of times by other members, I went out and tried it. Not a bad scent, but I found it too "sweet" and didn't like how it smelled on me. My girlfriend hated it (said I smelled like an "old person") and gave the both of us a strong headache in the car.

Will order me some Creed, Hermès and Tom Ford samples, see if there's something I like!

Montblanc Legend Intense is the better fragrance. More similar to Fierce

S.Corbeil

27/9/15
Thanks for the lengthy response, m4nutd! Actually, you named all of the scents I am interested of trying sample of (as to not spend multiple 100's of dollars on bottles before knowing if I like the smell, beforehand):

Creed - Aventus, Green Irish Tweed, Bois du Portugal and Tabarome Millesime.
Hermes - Terre d'Hermes
Tom Ford - Tuscany Leather, maybe Black Orchid.

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
Montblanc Legend Intense is the better fragrance. More similar to Fierce

I have both MB Intense and Fierce. They are extremely similar. A girl at work always thought I wear Fierce when it's actually MBI. I like Fierce better but wont spend the money on it anymore due to how similar MBI is and how cheaper it is to Fierce.

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
i've been wearing the creed aventus for sometime now... a big change from the traditional GIT which I usually use.... im not much of a fragrance guy... i usually find one I like and stick to it religiously... lol

recently ive got a tester for a tomford - pretty interesting scent, anyone here had any experience with it?

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
Now you're talking! Rose and oud, a middle eastern classic. A bit of saffron I think, too. That is a good one. If you find it a bit "powdery", look into some of the Montale's if you get a chance. They specialize in the rose/oud combination, with dozens and dozens of variations. Black Aoud is fantastic. But like I said, the ouds are addicting, be forewarned. I don't know where you live, but if you're ever in London, stop by Arabian Oud, the people are great, they love to teach, and they have some pure oils that are mind blowing... not only the scent, but the range of prices. From "oh wow, that's not cheap", to "oh, I'm not looking to mortgage my house".

I'm willing to spend a premium for date scents :) I do like the mid and base notes for noir de noir, will try black aoud as well :) thanks mate!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kage777b

Horology Curious
7/8/15
Inis~I buy it in Ireland and always get compliments from the ladies. Not sweet or overpowering but a great fresh scent.

Chikara

19/9/11
d&g the one
serge lutens chergui
Thierry Mugler pure havane, and pure malt
paul sebastion
kuoros