• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Favorite Cologne?

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
I like gourmands, but unfortunately it is way too hot right now. Gotta wait for fall/winter time. Amouage, Creed, Acqua di Parma, Lubin, Tom Ford Privée, Maison Kurkdijan, Nasomatto.. man I'm just collecting way too many fragrances.

Don't have a favorite fragrance per se, since I have fragrances for every possible occasion, season etc. But the fragrance I wear the most is probably Jubilation 25 by Amouage.

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
I like gourmands, but unfortunately it is way too hot right now. Gotta wait for fall/winter time. Amouage, Creed, Acqua di Parma, Lubin, Tom Ford Privée, Maison Kurkdijan, Nasomatto.. man I'm just collecting way too many fragrances.

Don't have a favorite fragrance per se, since I have fragrances for every possible occasion, season etc. But the fragrance I wear the most is probably Jubilation 25 by Amouage.

Seems you have good taste. The Jubilation 25 (I just looked it up) looks primarily for women, but I did find a select few that said "Man", so naturally I presume there is a Men's iteration of it, which is completely separate from the woman's, right?
I may have to try this. Thanks!

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Seems you have good taste. The Jubilation 25 (I just looked it up) looks primarily for women, but I did find a select few that said "Man", so naturally I presume there is a Men's iteration of it, which is completely separate from the woman's, right?
I may have to try this. Thanks!

Yeah, there is one for women and of course for men as well.

Men:
http://i.beautyspin.com/view/16/amouage/amujubm_aedp10_01__2.jpg

Women:
http://www.parfumery.com/pictures/large/701666111061.jpg

Amouage fragrances are from Oman, Middle East, and most of them are incense and oud based fragrances. I personally can't handle many incense based fragrances (i.e. the very popular "L'Air du Desert Marocain" by Andy Tauer) because just like patchouli it's too strong for me. But in Jubilation XXV the incense is more settle and doesn't stick out that much. It's not loud. It is a very, very, very classy fragrance but also very versatile. You can wear it casually as a going out (not clubbing!) scent in the evening as well as for suit and tie events. Especially for suit and tie occasions I love to wear Jubilation XXV, since it's something different than most fresh designer fragrances people use for those occasions (i.e. Bleu de Chanel, Allure Homme, Chanel Platinum Egoiste etc).

Amouage is really a nice niche brand to at least try out - 10ml decants won't break the bank. I can also recommend you to try out Lyric Man, a very fresh and elegant rose based fragrance (nothing feminin about this one trust me) and Reflection Man which is similar to Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male, but way more refined, not as loud and "in your face", much more classy and not as vanilla sweet as Le Male.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
I tried a bottle of Amouage a while back, didn't like it, flipped it quickly.

Might have to get a Decant of Reflection Man

6423eb6c283221366b3240e91f261ae1.jpg

Do like Tom Fords Tobacco V

62997cfc97366d3ae604ace56b3d96e3.jpg

Probably my most expensive is Clive Christian

499d8b45d53c4ca3e92f9f3ca9d652cd.jpg

S???R?I????? :sharrkey:

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
Yeah, there is one for women and of course for men as well.

Men:
http://i.beautyspin.com/view/16/amouage/amujubm_aedp10_01__2.jpg

Women:
http://www.parfumery.com/pictures/large/701666111061.jpg

Amouage fragrances are from Oman, Middle East, and most of them are incense and oud based fragrances. I personally can't handle many incense based fragrances (i.e. the very popular "L'Air du Desert Marocain" by Andy Tauer) because just like patchouli it's too strong for me. But in Jubilation XXV the incense is more settle and doesn't stick out that much. It's not loud. It is a very, very, very classy fragrance but also very versatile. You can wear it casually as a going out (not clubbing!) scent in the evening as well as for suit and tie events. Especially for suit and tie occasions I love to wear Jubilation XXV, since it's something different than most fresh designer fragrances people use for those occasions (i.e. Bleu de Chanel, Allure Homme, Chanel Platinum Egoiste etc).

Amouage is really a nice niche brand to at least try out - 10ml decants won't break the bank. I can also recommend you to try out Lyric Man, a very fresh and elegant rose based fragrance (nothing feminin about this one trust me) and Reflection Man which is similar to Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male, but way more refined, not as loud and "in your face", much more classy and not as vanilla sweet as Le Male.

Wow, great info!! You know your stuff and have great taste!!
This gives me a few to try. Thanks so much for your time & reply!! :biggrin-new:

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
I tried a bottle of Amouage a while back, didn't like it, flipped it quickly.

Might have to get a Decant of Reflection Man
(...)

Do like Tom Fords Tobacco V
(...)

Probably my most expensive is Clive Christian
(...)

Memoir Man and especially Interlude Man (for which I was very hyped up for when it was released) didn't do it for me either. But yeah, it's my biggest hobby so I like the search for the perfect scents, and swing-and-a-miss's are a part of the hobby.

As for the Clive Christian, quite expensive juice. I had the "C" but I liked Tuscan Leather way more, and both have the same DNA, so I flipped it and got me a bottle of Maison Francis Kurkdijan's "Acqua Universalis Forte" which is simply beautiful and very long lasting and projecting.

But I always smiled when I had friends over who are average consumers of designer fragrances and see them literally bathing in my Tom Fords, Xerjoffs, MDCI's and then go "well yeah it's ok (at best!), but Armani Code/Aqua di Gio is better". :laugh: Maybe it is, maybe it is not - to each their own, but seeing them having like 10-15 sprays just made me chuckle.

Wow, great info!! You know your stuff and have great taste!!
This gives me a few to try. Thanks so much for your time & reply!! :biggrin-new:

Thank you, and have fun testing out new stuff. :thumbup:

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Don't think I'd drop the coin again on Clive, very unique fragrance but can purchase several others for the price of one[emoji57]

Fancy trying Kilian myself but need to do a little reading on Basenotes 1st, have you experienced any of these [MENTION=91730]hushhush[/MENTION] ?

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Don't think I'd drop the coin again on Clive, very unique fragrance but can purchase several others for the price of one[emoji57]

Fancy trying Kilian myself but need to do a little reading on Basenotes 1st, have you experienced any of these @hushhush ?

I did. I have not tried the "Arabian Nights" collection, so I can only speak for the regular line. I tested the most popular ones, Straight to heaven, Back to black and A taste of heaven. Not for me, they smell too unisex for my taste and also the performance is mediocre at best. Longevity is somewhat OK, but the sillage sucks so it quickly becomes a "skin scent". Kilian is way overpriced imo. But like I said I can just talk for the regular line, the Arabian Nights scents will probably perform better due to the ingredients used (woods, oud, incense), but quite frankly I don't think Kilian will offer anything extraordinary with their Arabian Nights line since there are dozens of niche brands that use oud/rose/incense in various combinations.

Getting 5ml/10ml decants will be the best way to go with niche scents in general anyway.

And just FYI for Kilian scents: if you happen to like their scents and are not an OCD collector who simply can't live with anything other the real bottle, make sure to get their 50ml refill sets that cost less than half the price of the regular bottle since that ones comes with all the bells and whistles. Although I have to admit, the presentation (box&bottle) is pretty impressive - but if you're interested in the juice, go for the refill sets and save quite a bit of money.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Thanks hushhush, appreciate your replies :wave:

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
Na you have a far superior collection [emoji1303]

Other candle is Spring Flower, it's OK nothing special.

Great lather from the hand soap so would recommend it, plus it's reasonably priced!

Don't bother with face balm, I've a whole collection of La Mer products for that[emoji51] Think I'll leave posting pics of that lol

Did you know Creed have just launched Aventus for Her, bloody lovely, will have to get the Wife a bottle[emoji23]

The hand soap is next on my list!

I know what you mean about the face products creed should just stick to fragrance!

La Mer is very good stuff. My mom actually works in the high-end skin care industry so I have access to all that good stuff!

About aventus for her I haven't even smelled it yet but I already have a little gripe about it lol.
I don't understand why they are calling it aventus for women when the notes don't really resemble aventus at all. Notes like green apple,peach, pink berry, patchouli etc. it sounds like a fruit salad.

I feel like they are just taking a new women's fragrance they created and decided they were going to try and capitalize on the success of the aventus name when they could have easily just named it something brand new and unrelated to the aventus name.

I know plenty of women who have been wearing aventus for years, They just love it the way it is. What they should have done was take some of the notes that aventus is known for like the French apple and that smokey birch and then tweek the formula it a bit by adding some feminine notes to it. Nice subtle and understated like creed is known for.

Maybe I'm wrong though. I need to smell it but that was my initial impression when I read the notes.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
[MENTION=12125]sharrkey[/MENTION] I've been thinking of decanting some of some of my creeds like I have 50ml left out of my 500ml Royal Mayfair flacon that Id like to get rid of do you think it would sell if I put it in the non watch item section?

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
[MENTION=12125]sharrkey[/MENTION] I've been thinking of decanting some of some of my creeds like I have 50ml left out of my 500ml Royal Mayfair flacon that Id like to get rid of do you think it would sell if I put it in the non watch item section?

It should fly.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08

Don't see why not bud[emoji2]

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
@sharrkey I've been thinking of decanting some of some of my creeds like I have 50ml left out of my 500ml Royal Mayfair flacon that Id like to get rid of do you think it would sell if I put it in the non watch item section?

have you tried basenote or fragrantica. these are fragrance related forums. try selling there. however, be careful cause you might end up spending more money on fragrances lol