• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FAKE Watches for FAKE PEOPLE!!!

Darth

Horology Curious
12/6/09
You know, I still want to know how these companies can claim they are losing money to the counterfeiters. The way I see it, if you don't have the money to buy a gen Rolex, let's say, then you go out and buy a rep, how is Rolex losing money? They weren't going to get it from you since you can't afford it.
If on the other hand you could afford it, but are just as happy with a rep, then Rolex was not going to get your money either. There are some gen watches that I must have, and when I do then the company will get their money. If I don't really care for the brand, but want to try it out, then sure, I'll get a rep. If I like it enough I will buy the gen.
I understand how the swiss companies want to stop counterfeiting; they did the r&d so they have the right to fight it out. I just don't buy the idea that they are losing money on this.

hizack

Patron
Certified
12/1/09
Italy
I'm feeling fake guys... :lol: :lol: :lol:

What about if I have both gen and fake? I'm an "half" fake??? [smilie=angel10.gif]

OwlPellet

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/6/09
i have a real invicta box from my watch that i lost, and inside this comfrotable abode lives my bentley gmt :p fake watches are for people that are "financially knowledgable" and know that for 10 percent of the price they can get the same time teller which people wont likely care about....

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
fakemaster said:
Maybe we should just sticky this article so it doesn't keep getting reposted every month. :p

I think I might have posted it before..... :? :roll:

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
coop said:
fakemaster said:
Maybe we should just sticky this article so it doesn't keep getting reposted every month. :p

I think I might have posted it before..... :? :roll:

You did.

Maybe I can merge those threads together.