• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Factory verification

Shadowban

Horology Curious
28/1/24
Hey guys, just wondering how do you verify which factory the TD has sourced the Watch from or do we just take it based on their word whether its vsf or clean the case maybe.
Clean, seems to have a sticker on it, but just had a QC for a VSF with no real indication.
Thank you for your help and information

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
KAxpAp.gif

Hello and WELCOME to RWI from the official reception desk!

You are receiving this message because you either posted in the "new members say hi" section or due to one of your first posts elsewhere. In the latter case, consider introducing yourself in said section.

If you haven't already, please make sure to read all sticky threads in the new members area. They contain very important / essential information and our forum rules! Most importantly our sales rules, because you will NOT yet be eligible / be allowed to sell unless you meet certain criteria / are certified first.

A good starting point is this list of resources on RWI:

Also, take a look again at this sticky:

And this one as well:

If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact me or @Feefo!

We love to help, but please allow some time for PM responses as we have lifes outside of RWI!

Reactions: Feefo and Shadowban

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Not all factories use stickers. But, you can certainly decipher factories by the serial numbers and clasp codes on the watches.

Reactions: Shadowban

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Not long ago you could tell a VSF omega by the color of the balance wheel.
Then ORF started using dark balance wheels as well

Some of the people here even more dorky than me can even tell which factory buy lookin at the pip. Or by how recessed the crown pin is on a panerai.
You know who you are.

• Haha
Reactions: superturbine

sorginator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/12/23
If it's a rolex, you can very easily tell by looking at the movements. Take a look at the pinned post about clone movements found in rolex reps.