• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Explorer 2...........On its way

Rinz

Horology Curious
19/7/14
That's a gorgeous watch. I'm planning for a white face soon as my PAM arrives. By the way, what is ICSH?

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
thank you. It means incorrect hand stack. the hands are not stacked in the same order as they are on the genuine explorer II. Not a big deal.

Rinz

Horology Curious
19/7/14
Hi, incorrect hands stack means? My apologies for still not being able to understand fully. Is it the order in which the hands are placed on top of each other?

Izzi

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/7/14
I've been looking at the same watch too. But I'm wondering if the GMT hand is working properly. What I mean is, does it keep the time once set? Or will it stuck at a certain number or time.

D

d4m.test

The GMT hand works perfect, no need to ever reset it if You don´t change time zones, using my white, classic 16570 Explorer II all the time.
Incorrect hand stack just means the GMT hand sits below the hour hand instead of above. This is noticeable exactly twice a day for some minutes if it happens that You are starring at the watch exactly at that time (which in real life happens maybe twice a Year) and know exactly what You are looking for.
I really doubt a gen-owner would care or know if his GMT hand sits above or below the hour-hand unless he is repairing it (and voiding his warranty).

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
I agree daywatch. I have found that a lot of gen owners really know nothing about rolex except that it says rolex on it and if they have a gold or stainless or white gold watch. Other than that. they have no clue what they are looking at, and wouldn't know a rep if it was beside a gen. Not all, but a lot. Of course there are gen owners that are very familiar with details, but on a whole I think we actually have a much broader knowledge than a lot of gen owners about the gens because we know what to look for and we have so many great threads with comparisons and reviews.

Izzi

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/7/14
Good to know the GMT hand is working perfect. So what's the sequence of the handstack anyway. Just out of interest. Cant really see properly.