• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Experience perspective on completely opposite info from two highly respected TDs

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I ordered a watch from a TD but noticed it only has an item number and no pictures in the order number, their web site is buggy so I hope they ordered the right watch
You need to really get a grip on yourself and stop posting so many fundamental questions in different threads like what @BMW760 suggested. It means that every comment you’re making relates to your order, general questions about rep production, and stuff which you’re much better off learning for yourself.

There should be no pictures of the watch in the order confirmation. You get pics during the QC process. That’s when you will know you are getting the right watch and that everything is ok (or not) with it. Please don’t post any more questions like this in any thread. The community does not benefit from anyone answering questions like this sir. Thank you.

Reactions: TESLA760 and eBoy

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
It sucks that someone you Trusted flat out lied. :sneaky:

I have concluded based in my short time here that inside every rep buyer lies a gambler; this is very much a gambling behavior, NOT a purchase. Very much a vise as any other; risk, adrenaline, reward, denial. It's all there.

So I spoke to a TD and again asked if they had a JF AP in stock, we know they are long gone, but this time I said I would report their answer on RWI and lo and behold they tell me finally that JF are no more, so lesson is if you think a TD is lying to you about what they can get then mention RWI and hopefully they will be more honest.

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
So I spoke to a TD and again asked if they had a JF AP in stock, we know they are long gone, but this time I said I would report their answer on RWI and lo and behold they tell me finally that JF are no more, so lesson is if you think a TD is lying to you about what they can get then mention RWI and hopefully they will be more honest.
TDs don't know if a prospective customer is a RWI member or not. If they were to knowingly mislead a RWI member and get caught at it, they risk the loss of their trusted status.

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
TDs don't know if a prospective customer is a RWI member or not. If they were to knowingly mislead a RWI member and get caught at it, they risk the loss of their trusted status.
Exactly, that's why its good to use the leverage of the forums to keep the TDs honest or at least for them not to openly lie. Its actually the same on the gen forums when buying from their TDs, if they know you are an active member they are not going to fleece you as the negative publicity is not worth the sale.

RolAPBreitChop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
19/5/23
Florida, US
Arrgggh! See the pic. Left pusher ceramic at tt edge is great. Right Pusher has discoloration there.

This is the 3rd QC pic after as many RLs, where they supposedly tried to correct it.

Is this "it's a replica" territory, "live with it", OR, is it reasonable to expect better in this case and RL it terminally?

I need some veteran guidance please. Thanks.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Arrgggh! See the pic. Left pusher ceramic at tt edge is great. Right Pusher has discoloration there.

This is the 3rd QC pic after as many RLs, where they supposedly tried to correct it.

Is this "it's a replica" territory, "live with it", OR, is it reasonable to expect better in this case and RL it terminally?
I need some veteran guidance please. Thanks.
So supposedly the pushers are in perfect condition, you do understand that the moment you engage the chrono a couple of times, marks are going to start showing up on the pushers.
This is a replica with the usual flaws, having perfect pushers or otherwise won't change how it appears on the wrist. A lot of times, if the picture shows the watch at the size it appears in real life, you would not even notice the flaws. So just 2 things please:

1. I will accept the watch if I were you and

2. Please stop updating the QC for this same watch on any thread especially when the points you raised are really minor and insignificant. It is YOUR watch, you do not need the community to decide what is good and what is not and if you do, you will get opinions like mine. If you magnify the picture by a few times more, I guarantee you that you will start seeing flaws which will make you question the overall quality of the watch including lume quality, print quality, machining imprecision etc. It is a what.. $600? watch and it looks good for one. Trust me the only one who really cares about the QC of your watch is you ultimately. Guys may chime in to help at times but you are ultimately responsible for knowing what you are buying and taking your own decision on it. Thank you.

RolAPBreitChop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
19/5/23
Florida, US
So supposedly the pushers are in perfect condition, you do understand that the moment you engage the chrono a couple of times, marks are going to start showing up on the pushers.
This is a replica with the usual flaws, having perfect pushers or otherwise won't change how it appears on the wrist. A lot of times, if the picture shows the watch at the size it appears in real life, you would not even notice the flaws. So just 2 things please:

1. I will accept the watch if I were you and

2. Please stop updating the QC for this same watch on any thread especially when the points you raised are really minor and insignificant. It is YOUR watch, you do not need the community to decide what is good and what is not and if you do, you will get opinions like mine. If you magnify the picture by a few times more, I guarantee you that you will start seeing flaws which will make you question the overall quality of the watch including lume quality, print quality, machining imprecision etc. It is a what.. $600? watch and it looks good for one. Trust me the only one who really cares about the QC of your watch is you ultimately. Guys may chime in to help at times but you are ultimately responsible for knowing what you are buying and taking your own decision on it. Thank you.
So, yes, it is "it's a replica, live with it". Got it. Thanks!

Reactions: TESLA760 and legend

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China

@RolAPBreitChop

You should spend 4-6 weeks reading before buying a Rep. Then, you will not be disappointed. Most new members think they are dealing with a normal watch store. Buying a Rep while the police are hunting for the seller is not normal. We all make blunders on our first Rep, including me. I paid way too much.

Last edited:

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Yes, I would accept that. I'm not that fussy about minor defects and esp minor inaccuracies to the gen now, probably because I have been buying a while now and have had many nice gens of all brands, in fact what if I just look at my reps and accept they are 95% accurate then I often appreciate them more than my gens as they are absolutely tremendous value, esp as gen prices have risen crazily these past few years, and sometimes you can actually improve on the gen when eg the rep colour of the dial is nicer on the rep than the gen, such as on the 5712 where my rep dial is a lovely aquamarine instead of the gen's dull grey/blue, something that always put me off buying the gen back in the day when it was in ADs.