• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ex-ki Corner - Watchmaking tools, reports & tutorials

ciaoman21

Known Member
5/2/19
EU
Yeah ! Congratulation and a very good job to see absolutely, (there are so many oil..).

Reactions: Ex-ki

Ex-ki

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/12
France
I finished the building of a custom made watchmaker workbench:

Zyz3mn.jpg

Supplies list:
- a 18mm MDF board
- 8 squares
- a thirtysomething nuts and screws
Purchased from a local hardware store for a few euros.

and 2 adjustable swivel armrests that I had found on AliExpress by total chance: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32365279262.html
I was a little apprehensive about the quality but they totally do the job, it's perfect.

Super comfortable, for working in the best conditions and it can be stored in 2 minutes in a cupboard.

Ex-ki

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/12
France
Thank you!

I thought about installing armrests because I got tired from having them raised when working on movements.

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
I really like that desktop style work bench. It even brings the working surface up closer to your face. That way you don’t have to bend over as much.
I really enjoyed this post. Following ^-^

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Ex-ki

KalKala

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/18
I finished the building of a custom made watchmaker workbench:

Zyz3mn.jpg

Supplies list:
- a 18mm MDF board
- 8 squares
- a thirtysomething nuts and screws
Purchased from a local hardware store for a few euros.

and 2 adjustable swivel armrests that I had found on AliExpress by total chance: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32365279262.html
I was a little apprehensive about the quality but they totally do the job, it's perfect.

Super comfortable, for working in the best conditions and it can be stored in 2 minutes in a cupboard.

This is GENIUS!

BTW you may consider to put some pads on the arm rests: I have the Horotec Portable Mini Bench that has those flat & fat arm rests that are really useful and comfortable. Can you also rotate them longitudinally to have your wrists above your elbows? (this last question is a bit convoluted, I hope you'll understand anyway!)

I also follow Mark Lovick superb videos on YT: I've also seriously thought to enroll into his teaching programs...

Well done, keep them coming: these kind of reportages are always very useful as reference!

My next step would be to find a proper mainspring winder without spending a fortune, but I cannot find any exact measures for the mainspring barrel diameters you have in our usual Asian movements (2813, 3804, 2824...) and for this I'm not sure what movements' reference I should look for in those kits... Any idea?

Kudos!

Last edited:

KalKala

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/18
Maybe you should replace the arm rests with this type I assume it will be more comfortable and better suited to move your arms more freely without loosing the support.