• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Even Gens are Imperfect

shirazi_r

Renowned Member
12/10/10
Saw this on TZ and it checks out that the watch is in fact a gen. Have a look at the 10 o'clock on the dial; I would be more than a little upset to say the least!

bild-13.jpg

mojojojay

I'm Pretty Popular
2/9/10
i wouldnt have even paid for it in the first place , its quite obvious that the 10 is not line up .

metals99

15/4/09
I saw a few pieces preowned with 10 not line up for Hublot... I thought it has always been this way...

bluffer843

Renowned Member
21/10/10
I was at the Hublot AD a month ago and played with a $15K King that had the worst fitting strap plates I have ever seen. I could not believe they let it leave the factory or even worse, put it in a display case.

SmqSub

I'm Pretty Popular
29/12/10
Looking at a DSSD in my AD window the other day and the pearl was not perfectly centred.
My rep is better!

Blue is the colour!

mjmj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/09
Yikes!! I d be mega pissed off . I am glad I haven't had the opportunity to buy a Gen hbb

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Wow you pay top money and get this??? Dont they have QC??? I wouldnt accept even a rep with that flaw...

Sent from my Desire HD

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
People are more anal with the reps than with the gens.
And some brands don't have a perfect QC.
That is the true!!

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
gens have flaws for sure. it was more understandable before the brands got mega greedy. but now with the prices they ask; the watches have to be perfect. any flaw no matter how small on a 5$k+ gen is pathetic. i saw jean-c biver in a bbc/itv? doc about the last bubble, his attitude made me want to buy a rep hublot just to steal from the brand he manages. they are so openly arrogant. they need to be taxed brutally for any error.

shirazi_r

Renowned Member
12/10/10
gens have flaws for sure. it was more understandable before the brands got mega greedy. but now with the prices they ask; the watches have to be perfect. any flaw no matter how small on a 5$k+ gen is pathetic. i saw jean-c biver in a bbc/itv? doc about the last bubble, his attitude made me want to buy a rep hublot just to steal from the brand he manages. they are so openly arrogant. they need to be taxed brutally for any error.

Agree 100%! A flaw like that on a $15K watch is just unacceptable, I'd be royally pissed.

As for Hublot, I agree completely. I despise what the brand stands for but I do happen to like some of the pieces in their collection. JCB absolutely squeezed all the limited editions he could out of the Big Bang and now he's doing the same with the King Power. It's a shame really.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
I can perhaps understand buying a replica Hublot for the looks, but the gen is just an utterly overpriced fashion watch.

ZakSgp

1/1/12
It looks like the 0 does not line up with the 1. And Rolex gens are always perfect.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
I would like to have a gen Hublot. :)

I would't mind if someone gave me one, but I would probably flip it for a watch with more horological significance.

Really couldn't see myself spending that kind of money for a gen unless I already had a boatload of other high end gen pieces.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
It looks like the 0 does not line up with the 1. And Rolex gens are always perfect.

That's most certainly not true, just hang around TRF to hear about people refusing several Rolexes in a row because of defects visible under a loupe.

Although I would say that gens in that price range shouldn't have naked eye visible defects, perfection under a powerful loupe is a much higher standard, and one needs to do your own QC check to ensure that.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
remember that Hublot is just a fashion watch - not high quality