• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Are your Big Pilot Dials' Prints centered?

simzger

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/11/08
Hey there,

This is my second BP 5002 with faux PR.

The first one had a crooked printing (IWC and SCHAFFHAUSEN) was crooked. So I sent it back to the dealer so he can put in a new dial.

So today I received the new one. The printing is fine (it is in a right angle to the markers)....However, the entire printed section (the white circle, the markers, everything) is too far to the right. It's not centered. the distance from the white circle to the rehaut is like 1.25 mm at 10 o'clock but only like 0.5mm at 4 o'clock.

Anyone else have this issue?

Simon

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
And the next one you get could be perfectly straight or worse. Be glad it's just one dial and not off that much.

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
simzger said:
Hey there,

This is my second BP 5002 with faux PR.

The first one had a crooked printing (IWC and SCHAFFHAUSEN) was crooked. So I sent it back to the dealer so he can put in a new dial.

So today I received the new one. The printing is fine (it is in a right angle to the markers)....However, the entire printed section (the white circle, the markers, everything) is too far to the right. It's not centered. the distance from the white circle to the rehaut is like 1.25 mm at 10 o'clock but only like 0.5mm at 4 o'clock.

Anyone else have this issue?

Simon

From what i've seen, the factories have a very little qc on their product, and there will be small things that wont be perfect as you expected in gen watches.
Sometimes we might get lucky and received a good and almost perfect watch, but some other days we got a bad one.

What i would suggest you :
1. Try to find a watchsmith who want to work on your watch, and ask them to fix it.
2. Try to live with it
3. Try another dealer
4. Try to fix it by yourself, and learn how to mod :) it cost me a couple of watches already, but i had a lot of fun playing with them, hehehe

It's a funny hobby that we're trapped in :)

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
could you post pictures so we can see the problem?

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
post pics please. If it's really off noticeably, then it's time for yet another exchange.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
or a refund if they can't get it right.