• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EUR upcoming sapphire rm tourbillon

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
So weird update, I spoke with Eric from Geektime and he quoted me a price of $1128 for the watch, saying its available to order. The factory told him the entire case is 100% sapphire. Now Im confused. Obviously Eric isn’t lying but it seems the factory is lying to him, OR there’s different versions and there’s on made of 3 pieces of sapphire?

For $1128 no way it's sapphire, think the RM027 is already $1300 , and the sapphire are more complicated to made.

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
Eric quoted me 1400$ US dollars about 1 hour ago. I am going to ask my friend over at Legendtawatches . He has always given me a fair price

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Eric got back to me, its made of glass, no sapphire on it besides the usual sapphire crystal over the dial.

I am really getting confuse lol.
plastic? Glass? In the video review we has seem so far is most like plastic case.

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
I am really getting confuse lol.
plastic? Glass? In the video review we has seem so far is most like plastic case.

Well either way it seems to not be sapphire. Not worth over $1,000 IMO. Although the tourbillon and moving gears when you wind the watch are nice, you can get that in a Hublot Classic Fusion Skeleton Tourbillon rep for $800 or less.

Iluvpuncak3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/20
Got any more videos of the watch? By the way, all this info is really confusing. So is it full sapphire? Partly sapphire? Glass? Acrylic? How many versions of them are there? A cheaper plastic version? And a premium sapphire version?

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
I'm wondering how this factory wants to do business with such misleading information about this release.
According to my TD they do not provide clear information " EUR maker for RM they do not give the exact specifications" on the case material, its content (the previously mentioned 83 vs 50%), the possible versions.
These new info about any glass part makes this more worrying imo especially at such a high pricerange..

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Sounds to me like there’s just a translation misunderstanding/misuse of the term “sapphire”. There’s no way the whole case will be made of glass - and the misunderstanding probably stems from them trying to confirm that the entire case is transparent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
Looks horrible

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
a reply from another TD asking for a status on all these, FYI

"Only the top and the bottom crystals are sapphire and the case is not, it is a synthetic material looks like sapphire but stronger than glass, no pricing yet, but should be around 1200 USD"

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Then can you explain why on other seller they use diamond tester and it's show not sapphire at all?

I think sapphire crystal is not difficult to make? The case is not sapphire as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro