• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ETA 2836-2 Keyless Works

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
Outstanding thread. Some rep points coming.
Thanks mate

intheshadows

30/8/12
I used this guide to reassemble my keyless that I messed up by using a pin to press the button. Stupid me! its got a slot made for a screwdriver duh!

But great pictures and descriptions, thanks for taking the time to do this even if this is an old thread!

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Just used this thread to fix my keyless works which I stuffed up by pressing the button with my tweezers rather than a screwdriver!

No where near as hard as I was expecting it to be, although that is easy to say when there is a great guide like this available!

Thanks very much, saved me a red-faced trip to the watchsmith...

civic4982

Renowned Member
11/9/11
Thanks som uch. This helped me fix my keyless this morning. Only problem was I couldn't get my "day" wheel to fit back on correctly but that's okay since I'm not using a day on this watch so I removed it.

mir36

Known Member
5/6/09
I'm troubleshooting a datewheel problem on an A2836. This was very helpful. Thanks for going through the trouble of posting this!

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

gnome666

Horology Curious
5/7/12
any kind soul willing to re-up the zip file? I messed up my rebuild of a vintage explorer:beatahorse:

Thanks in advance

Jeran1mo

Known Member
27/7/13
Hi guys… my GMT IIc stopped working while I was trying to set the time. The second hand was just not moving anymore. Does anyone know why? Can I fix it myself?

jd1566

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/13
:wyliehelp:

For some unspeakable reason I can't see any of the pictures.. so the descriptions (follow green arrow to red dot..) are a bit.. lost.. on me.

I have an ETA 2836-2 (probably clone) that I need to open up.. I pushed the stem release pin too far in and now it's jammed. Also want to set the watch to left-handed.. will mean an upside down dial but I'll live with that, but do need to set the hands to show correct midnight when upside down.

Here's a pic of my workbench.. for those who undestand my plight.. Both watches from kingwatch. One got water right away due to broken rear seal. The other I massacred at the beach trying to give it an aged look. Someone said to stick it under a halogen lamp.. Well, now the plexi looks like it was at Hiroshima. So these have become my play/practice/frustration watches..

:spank:

D

d4m.test

I guess the op may have removed the pics from his image host. :(

There are a couple of YouTube videos posted here about resetting the keyless. Do a search and you should find them. That may be even better than the pics.

Also, you can rotate your dial 180° before mounting it on the movement if you want to go left handed (destro). The only problem is the date will be off by half a tick in the date window. You may have to peel the date sticker off the date wheel and reglue it to align with the date window of the dial. Or slap on an overlay if there's room.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Bummer this was an excelent tut.

Too bad the pics went AWOL.

I have referred many people to this post and have used it quite a bit myself.

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Just bumping this incase anyone had the pictures

ChrisM305

Supporting Vendor
16/4/15
Hey guys up top can you fix pics as a few have mentioned or is this out if your hands thanks for everything guys

Chris