• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Empty package received

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Hi guys,

Here's the timeline with my 1st Hont order.

For now it's a very bad experience.

Ordered a watch for the birthday of my wife (i have to find an other gift for her since i never received it and if a replacement is sent by Hont it will never be there on time)

Payment sent May 6 2024

QCs received May 10 2024

QCs accepted May 10 2024

Hont say he will gift a LV card holder along the watch (cool, thanks)

Tracking number received May 11 2024

Package received May 21 2024

Hont asked me to record the opening and to make a review (thanks for his tips)

Recorded the unboxing, only the gift was present into the package (the LV card holder)

Awaiting now a return from @hontwatch

I hope he can ship in express the missing watch that might sleep on his desk.

I'm confident that Hont will do the right things and I will report everything there.

For now I have to find a new present for the wife and I'm pretty worried about this situation.

Peace

• Sad
Reactions: Rx4Time

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I record every single online purchase (best advice I ever got) irregardless of the company/seller.

Thankfully only ever had to use it a couple of times, but both times the evidence was irrefutable.

I must admit that I don’t do it when I get the dozens of little parcels from AliExpress 😅

Only when I know it’s a substantial purchase through the tracking

• Haha
Reactions: sting and P..DR..D

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I will now always record when I open something.

Even when I go to the McDrive, I will record everything and if my fries are missing I will be able to fight with Ronald's manager 😂

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
If I have to start recording the opening of every purchase I make from a TD or M2M, I may as well find another hobby.
Mate, if I haven't did a video of the unboxing I'm pretty sure I would be without the watch and without the money, so TD or not it's better to do a little video for being on the safe side.

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
If I have to start recording the opening of every purchase I make from a TD or M2M, I may as well find another hobby.
Recording the package does nothing. I could just open it, take out the item, re-package it and record me opening it. Not sure it proves much of anything.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Recording the package does nothing. I could just open it, take out the item, re-package it and record me opening it. Not sure it proves much of anything.
In the video I show every side and proof it's sealed by the sender, no tape, no little cut here and there and so on...

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
In the video I show every side and proof it's sealed by the sender, no tape, no little cut here and there and so on...
As a seller, I've seen people just repack before and attempt to scam. It's annoying with clear packing tape you'd never know. If I am concerned I use special packing tape like Amazon does with their logo. Then you can really tell!

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I always provide a « working watch » preship video…

What I have not figured out is how to prove I put the watch in the box.

@Caboose I was also thinking about this. Tamper proof tape…but the reason I don’t use it is that I don’t want to attract undue interest to my parcel

Last edited:
Reactions: Caboose

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Never thought of filming myself opening a package, just take pictures - news to me! Everyday is a school day

• Haha
Reactions: Karbon74

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I always provide a « working watch » preship video…

What I have not figured out is how to prove I put the watch in the box.

@Caboose I was also thinking about this. Tamper proof tape…but the reason I don’t use it is that I don’t want to attract undue interest to my parcel
I've sold 2 watches in total, I film myself packing the watch safely, then put it on a "balance" for show the weight of the package, then once I'm at the postal office I take a picture of the package on their balance along the proof of postage + tracking number, I'm paranoid but that's me lol

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I've sold 2 watches in total, I film myself packing the watch safely, then put it on a "balance" for show the weight of the package, then once I'm at the postal office I take a picture of the package on their balance along the proof of postage + tracking number, I'm paranoid but that's me lol

I get you, brother. Most transactions go super well but just one drama queen or scammer can make things really unpleasant