• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Easy teardown, mods and repairs to 6497 Panerai

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Very good tutorial!

Now I have a quastion :

I haven't noticed, how the movement tabs where installed before...

I think they are always installed the same way - isn't it?

Could you please tell me, how they normaly where installed?

Both increase?
Both decrease?
One increase, one decrease?

Thanks in advance.

I normally install them bent up to apply the least amount of pressure then see if the movement is tight. If there is some play I change them to bent down. I really depends on the thickness of the dial.

Nemrac72k

Known Member
10/2/16
I'm about to start my first build and found this tread in a search.
At of helpful information. worth a bump.

oddbod

Horology Curious
11/3/16
I normally install them bent up to apply the least amount of pressure then see if the movement is tight. If there is some play I change them to bent down. I really depends on the thickness of the dial.

6497/8 movement clamps are a royal pain in the backside, besides the problem of getting the screws back in the tabs without dislodging them, if change your dial thickness slightly (slightly thicker dial) you then can't re-insert the tabs as the case ledges disappear, or if you can you get them in you warp the dial/chassis and stop the movement from running, regardless of which way up you install them...nightmare job....solution is to bend them down a bit more and file the thickness down slightly with a small file and insert downwards (towards the crystal). Three hours of pratting about/hair pulling/going insane yesterday due to this problem in a 44mm Lum case in what should of been a straight dial swap, lol

Gavinelli

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/4/14
Great tutorials! The expired images is that something I'm just experiencing or is it the same for everyone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Juraj_G

Renowned Member
24/9/16
Yep, i guess its the same. Pitty [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

D

d4m.test

Would be awesome if we could get the pictures redone...it seems like an awesome tutorial with a ton of work put in to it.